Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Also... what with that "Tony wasn't really fighting you, he was just afraid of what someone else could do with the visions"... WTF? What I saw on the actual issues was Tony mad as hell with Carol and blaming her for Rhodey's death, acting like she was the worst human being ever. The personal side of the conflict came even before the ideological one.

Thank god Powerman and Iron Fist is fun, I'm on the verge of only having that the Cap books, and Ultimates on my Marvel pull list. I'll grab Miracleman if that ever comes back though.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

What the heck is going on with Loki and Thor? Loki just had a 5 year redemption arc to escape his villain destiny, and they're just gonna push him back in there?!

Incredible Member

And let's not forget.. another ultron appearance... I didn't see any Hank Pym left...

Personally I really disliked this event, mainly because all it did was make me upset with what happened to characters I like and for getting some characters down right wrong in their characterization. I can't look at this and not think it wasn't some poorly planned cash grab for a movie that came out about eight months ago. I honestly hope Monsters Unleashed is at least somewhat fun after this. If I'm trying to be fair though there are some things that I'm enjoying that came out of this.
    -New Starlord stories
    -I'm enjoying the adventures of the Champions
    -I think Riri Williams has been pretty cool for the two issues I've read so far
    -I have hope David Walker can do right by Hawkeye
    -The Captain hydra tie-ins were actually good
    -Al Ewing's Ultimates are still good
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    What the heck is going on with Loki and Thor? Loki just had a 5 year redemption arc to escape his villain destiny, and they're just gonna push him back in there?!
    Future Loki was shown to be evil

over nad over and over again

his destiny is always to be evil as fuck
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

this event was bad...was it Axis bad? Yeah, pretty close. Marvel needs some new editorial talent going in to 2017. Horrible events, titles that have lost sight of what the point of the characters are and mean...time for a change

Every 28th of December here in Spain , we celebrate "El Día de Los Inocentes", a sort of April Fools Day , and usually do some jokes to our friends.Its also a national party , so everyone participates in it, but my family doesnt really do jokes on this day anymore.

I'm actually saying this because this issue is an absolute joke,perfect for the day it came out.Only thing good about it are the ads for next big things, and that's it.Many times I tried to defend this event just to dissapoint me again and again.I don't even have the energy to say something good anymore about this , if there ever was
    I will judge you ... with the power of my POSTS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Future Loki was shown to be evil

over nad over and over again

his destiny is always to be evil as fuck
    That future Loki was beaten, absorbed into New Loki's staff and that entire timeline was erased. So no. If the writers cared a little about continuity they wouldn't do this crap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They really shouldn't have made this an 8 issues event. This and the previous issue were just fine being the same thing, cause honestly I ended up both of them with that feeling that nothing happened. If anything, it would also make the "previews" on the next stories more exciting, we would get less spoilers before it ended and all of this wouldn't be dragged for so long.
    I agree. The even should last like 12 issues or more. They can release 2 issues every month.

This is better than original Sins

Incredible Member

What's worse is they're picking up the pace on events again... IVX stared before civil war ended and I'm sure before that ends we will be in the summer cap event and who knows what fall winter event that will lead into.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

This was nothing but a vehicle to promote and setup other new comics and currently existing comics' storylines. Nothing more and nothing less. It's a comic that if you remove the artist and replace him with anyone else (I do mean anyone, like J.H. Williams, Fiona Staples, Dustin Weaver, Ivan Reis), the comic would have completely sucked. The art carries any and all attempts at emotional weight because the writing sure as hell isn't good enough to do it. The story constantly discards plot points, glosses over other characters, ignores continuity (even recent continuity) and characterizations, cops out at the ending regarding its "message", and more.

This is not the worst comic book event I ever read, but man did this just bump Avengers Vs. X-Men & Brightest Day further away from the second place spot. Such a cynical cash grab of a comic.

Extraordinary Member

That future Loki was beaten, absorbed into New Loki's staff and that entire timeline was erased. So no. If the writers cared a little about continuity they wouldn't do this crap.
    Or, it means they are showing that even some weird story like that won't erase his destiny. Poor Loki, right?

iMan 42s

Am I the only one who thought the event was fine? It doesn't get to walk free over it's delays and it for sure could have been shorter but as a book to just entertain me I thought it was fine. Even the tie-ins weren't that big a deal for me as they just came and went and a couple of times I actually had the option of skipping them.

On a board like CBR I'm not surprised we're more critical of things but considering the bitching on here started before the book even launched I was just here to have fun. The books entertained me and that is in my opinion well worth the price of admission considering this was essentially here out of mandate for a movie. A movie tie-in for a character who for sure should have been in the comic more, but editorial also wants Captain Marvel and Thanos front and center so that's that. Could it have been better? Absolutely it could have, but I can find major flaws even in The Infinity Gauntlet and that's okay. So long as you want to read something entertaining this will give you something which is more than I can say about other events including Pleasant Hill which it's major ramification gave us a new Quasar that is only just now coming up. So at the very least this changed the status quo and gave some emotionally charged scenes with a broken bitter Tony Stark and a Captain Marvel whose heart is in the right place but isn't totally in the right.

My criticisms are as follows;
    1. This should have been shorter considering what was happening in Iron man. Tony could have gone the extremist Captain America route much quicker.
    2. This should have been shorter to keep within the release of the movie since this has gone most of the year and was reaching Dark Knight 3 levels of forgetting it was on the shelf in between release dates.
    3. While the plot was much smaller than CW1 it probably would have benefited from some script tightening. Cut two or three issues and maybe that would have been fine.
    4. Characterization is fine, but the inciting incident was used for Free comicbook day and I didn't get to read it outside of scans on the internet. This means that Tony's big reason for why he is acting the way he does at first just happens in the story. Rhodey's final moments are a big thing for Tony and there is no reason why critical information like this is missing from the actual event beyond what we actually get which detracts from the book.

Overall I'd say I liked it and don't regret purchasing it. For my money I had fun and it was kind of cool to debate some things on the board and in comic shops in regards to who is right similarly to the first Civil War. It's as much creating a rift among the heroes as much as the fans and in the right ways. This however needed some script tightening with how long this ran and editorial needing to stay out of who could be used in what capacity here considering the Captain America stuff had to be done in his own book. The inciting incident was also not in the book proper. I've no reason why this happened but in the future, events should not be structured this way. It will likely be included in the collection but as of right now, provided you are a little familiar with what was going on in Iron man at the time of this event, it still makes Tony's freak out a little out of nowhere. Considering Tony had only just done a team-up with his BFF it really should have started there and gone into the first incident with Thanos. The Iron man Tie-in books really do a lot for context but they don't happen in the main book which I can't count if I'm to grade only the event.

The Event on it's own gets a C+ from me. It's not incredible like Secret Wars(2015) but it's not as meh as Pleasant Hill. It will get a reaction out of you and is important to the larger Marvel Universe but it really could have been structured better. It's not a favorable grade but at least it doesn't have to repeat the semester.
    With the tie-ins it gets a B-. It's not a great event but the tie-ins do a lot for providing context and extra incite to the event itself and so they do everything a tie-in should do.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

and obviously something happens where he turns bad again.

you are just bitter because you like new loki lol

did you REALLY expect Loki to stay good forever? I mean really?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html