Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I agree. The even should last like 12 issues or more. They can release 2 issues every month.

This is better than original Sins
    What I meant is that it should've been shortened to 7, like originally planned.

So is this we had a war between friends, a hero being killed by another hero, Carol coming very close to crossing the line and almost killing Stark just to have some visions of some future Marvel events?

Well I decided not buy Civil War II just as will not buy IvX and prefer to stay away from Bendis when he is writing events. However at this point I ask those who have decided to invest their money and time in this story or for Carol and Clint fans was it worth it?

At least agree with one thing in this whole mess no matter what people say to most security will always come first no matter the price .

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    However at this point I ask those who have decided to invest their money and time in this story or for Carol and Clint fans was it worth it?
    Well, at least she looked gorgeous af. That issue has some great panels of her. And I like the direction of her new book, that it comes from this. Basically, I'm not thrilled about it, but I don't really hate it either. I just thought it was way too meh.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I'm rather torn CWI and CWII and which one is the worst of them.

On one hand, CWI was offensive. On the other hand CWII was boring.
    I take boring over offensive any day. CWII at least had some pretty cool tie-ins. CWI led to the Registration act continuing and the OMD stuff in Spider-Man.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 12-28-2016 at 09:44 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Unglaublich!

This whole event simply reinforces my loathing of Bendis' writing and plotting!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    That future Loki was beaten, absorbed into New Loki's staff and that entire timeline was erased. So no. If the writers cared a little about continuity they wouldn't do this crap.
    This is Bendis we are talking about, he doesn't do continuity. Ever.

I am so satisfied I elected to skip that event altogether... Sooo satisfied.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

wrong thread lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Well, that was only a possible future. It may not even happen at all.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

honestly almost everything that happened in CWII is 100% or at least 50% Tony's fault and this entire event could have been avoided if he didn't go mental the second Rhodey died. P.s. I'm a Tony stark fan as much as I am a Carol Danvers fan but it's obvious that Tony is partly to blame in escalating a conflict breaking into new attilan and kidnapping Ulysses and keeping him against his will to perform tests and let's not forget him ambushing and attacking Carol when she was simply trying to deescalate the situation and trying to peacefully talk to miles and then out of nowhere Tony attacks her why??? It's never made clear.

Like no doubt Carol was wrong and I'll acknowledge that as a Carol Danvers fan but I think so many people honestly don't realize that Tony did indeed play a role in escalating conflict.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 12-28-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Who's the writer for the current Thor book, the Unworthy Thor book, and the former Loki book and did any of them get informed or talked to at least out of courtesy during the creation of this issue? I just wonder if any of them was informed or talked to before these "visions" pop up taking them by surprise. You never know when one writer who been working a long and hard time on one character and series suddenly is dictated to go another path then what they wanted or was heading towards because of another writer's desires. Hate to think all three pop open this issue and go "WTF".

I wonder if we'll see Ulysses in Ultimates Squared.

Also, this is hilarious that people call this the "worst Marvel event". Ahem, Ultimatum. Age of Ultron. Heroes Reborn. Fear Itself.

My issue is nothing happened. Nothing was resolved. It just ended.

People mention stuff like Axis or Original Sin or Fear Itself but at least there was a completely story there. A beginning, middle, and end.

This was a beginning, middle, middle, middle.... middle, moved on. It didn't "end." It basically went "all our opinions are the same but we ran out of pages"

No one learned anything. It was only resolved because Ulysses evolved and the "predict the future" option was 100% off the table now.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Who's the writer for the current Thor book, the Unworthy Thor book, and the former Loki book and did any of them get informed or talked to at least out of courtesy during the creation of this issue? I just wonder if any of them was informed or talked to before these "visions" pop up taking them by surprise. You never know when one writer who been working a long and hard time on one character and series suddenly is dictated to go another path then what they wanted or was heading towards because of another writer's desires. Hate to think all three pop open this issue and go "WTF".
    Well considering it pulled direct homages to Aarons extensive run... and it had the same artist on that page... i am pretty sure Aaron was 100% consulted.

Aaron is writing both new THor, unworthy thor, and has complete control over Loki at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    homestly almost everything that happened in CWII is 100% or at least 50% Tony's fault and this entire event could have been avoided if he didn't go mental the second Rhodey died. P.s. I'm a Tony stark fan as much as I am a Carol Danvers fan but it's obvious that Tony is partly to blame in escalating a conflict breaking into new attilan and kidnapping Ulysses and keeping him against his will to perform tests and let's not forget him ambushing and attacking Carol when she was simply trying to deescalate the situation and trying to peacefully talk to miles and then out of nowhere Tony attacks her why??? It's never made clear.
    For the Miles part she AT FIRST appeared like she was giving him a choice but when he didn't respond the way she wanted she went on the attack to grab him (thus really no choice she was truly giving him). In turn Tony who was hidden put a barrier over him (without Miles knowing or having a say as well leaving him powerless to have his own say between the two) and stuck back against Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well considering it pulled direct homages to Aarons extensive run... and it had the same artist on that page... i am pretty sure Aaron was 100% consulted.

Aaron is writing both new THor, unworthy thor, and has complete control over Loki at the moment

That's good to hear. I've heard stories about how other writers plans and storylines got derailed because of such events.