Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

So what I heard elsewhere was true. JUST UGH. WTF Marvel and Bendis. This series could have been done in 4 issues. It didn't require 8 or even really 10 if you count issue 0 and FCBD. Doesn't help how much marvel rather shove as many ads in as possible then characters moments. Following up on scenes instead of cutting them off. Following up things instead of just dropping them and pretty much hopping people will just buy books like Occupy Avengers and Hulk to get it. Anyone reading TPB version will be left very confused. I have said this before but CWII is worst marvel event. Even worse then CWI or even AVX. There were worst things happen in others that would make them worse but as overall event this is worse. This barley felt like it was worthy of being event. Lazy writing of going back to coma thing again. Well at least it makes sense this time?
    I do have a question. Was I right about She-Hulk not even appear in the issue?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well considering it pulled direct homages to Aarons extensive run... and it had the same artist on that page... i am pretty sure Aaron was 100% consulted.

Aaron is writing both new THor, unworthy thor, and has complete control over Loki at the moment
    Yes. As it usually goes, all of these preview pages are just ads for upcoming books based on what those books already have planned by whoever is writing or editing them.

Currently MagSeven

So did She-Hulk die or what?

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    For the Miles part she AT FIRST appeared like she was giving him a choice but when he didn't respond the way she wanted she went on the attack to grab him (thus really no choice she was truly giving him). In turn Tony who was hidden put a barrier over him (without Miles knowing or having a say as well leaving him powerless to have his own say between the two) and stuck back against Carol.
    Well at least Carol called off the cops and she and Maria hill knew that it couldn't turn into a brawl on the steps of capital hill so they called off the cops and she I think wanted to do her best to deescalate the situation and find a peaceful resolution by talking to miles what she intended to do next if miles agreed to go with her is anyone's guess.

But you're right about her attempting grab him I think it was more of a sign of the toll the entire conflict of civil war ii has had on Carol and especially when she has to defend herself by saying she's not a terrible person that she has the best intentions I think bendis really could've done better in exploring carols inner turmoil with why she's doing this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Who's the writer for the current Thor book, the Unworthy Thor book, and the former Loki book and did any of them get informed or talked to at least out of courtesy during the creation of this issue? I just wonder if any of them was informed or talked to before these "visions" pop up taking them by surprise. You never know when one writer who been working a long and hard time on one character and series suddenly is dictated to go another path then what they wanted or was heading towards because of another writer's desires. Hate to think all three pop open this issue and go "WTF".
    It was a vision of "a" future, and we only see Loki and Thor fighting (like always). I don't think that there is any problem here.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    So did She-Hulk die or what?
    No she was just comatose throughout the entirety of civil war ii she has a new solo series now that has her dealing with ptsd.

Mighty Member

But seriously, this issue was like all the other issues of this event: boring. And this event has spoiled the end of the future event with Captain America: we already know that he dies, killed by Miles Morales (certainly to save the world of Hydra-Cap)
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I do have a question. Was I right about She-Hulk not even appear in the issue?
    Oh she appeared... in the montage double-page spread at the end of the book, indicating all the exciting, new books and storylines that will be happening now that the event is over! Rhodey got the shaft though. Just slightly mentioned, but no reflection or thoughts about him from Carol. It's like the guy's only purpose was to die and give the two white characters motivation and action within this story.

This event was pretty bad, but the worst of all time? I'd say that title goes to Age of Ultron. As for Ulysses evolving to cosmic level...god dam what a cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    As for Ulysses evolving to cosmic level...god dam what a cop out.
    It was either that or kill him off.

The character didn't really have any purpose beyond this story.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh she appeared... in the montage double-page spread at the end of the book, indicating all the exciting, new books and storylines that will be happening now that the event is over! Rhodey got the shaft though. Just slightly mentioned, but no reflection or thoughts about him from Carol. It's like the guy's only purpose was to die and give the two white characters motivation and action within this story.
    That is pretty bad considering how much carol cared about him.
    Just saw that panel jen in the comic elsewhere. Just ugh. Just goes back to what I said in my last post. I agree jen is there because of new book but again last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    This event was pretty bad, but the worst of all time? I'd say that title goes to Age of Ultron. As for Ulysses evolving to cosmic level...god dam what a cop out.
    For as bad as age of ultron was it felt like a event. It meant something. There was real consequences to what happen. This? I don't feel there is. Carol actions should lead to deep trouble for her but instead getting promoted to big time hero.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 12-28-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    and obviously something happens where he turns bad again.

you are just bitter because you like new loki lol

did you REALLY expect Loki to stay good forever? I mean really?
    As someone who read every issue of Kid Loki on Journey into Mystery, then Young Avengers and then Agent of Asgard, seeing all that character development go to waste so Marvel can have their mustache twirling, boring Loki that we've read for the last 60 years again in a matter of months is infuriating to say the least.

And I don't even like the New Loki (aka God of Stories), that ending was one of the worst Deus ex Machina that I've seen. I was rooting for Ikol and everything he went through in order to find some semblance of happiness, not another Doctor Who regeneration character to take his place. Nevertheless, seeing all that go to waste? So soon? You bet that makes me angry.

Call me bitter, I don't care. I have every right to be when my favorite Marvel character is once again dragged to the mud while I was still holding out hope for a Thor Odinson/Loki team-up book. Show them being brothers for a change, Marvel!

But no. Thor and Loki fight. Like we haven't seen that a hundred times before.

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    No she was just comatose throughout the entirety of civil war ii she has a new solo series now that has her dealing with ptsd.
    A new solo? Nice. I did not know that. Thanks!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

At least it's FINALLY over.

And no, I'm not including ''Oath'' when I say that LOL.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I'm rather torn CWI and CWII and which one is the worst of them.

On one hand, CWI was offensive. On the other hand CWII was boring.
    I personnally prefer offensive than boring. I need to be invested in a comics, with Civil War II I was just bored (but props to Marvel, I have read the event till the end, hoping that something happen). And people can say what they want about the first civil War, a majority of my friends who have never read comics at the time, have read or know about it (and before the movie) Civil War II ? Not one. They have heard about Hydra-Captain America, but it's the only Marvel comics who have reached outside the comicdom since Anad.