Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    This event was pretty bad, but the worst of all time? I'd say that title goes to Age of Ultron. As for Ulysses evolving to cosmic level...god dam what a cop out.
    I agree. this event is not even the worst by Marvel, the second part of Age of Ultron was much worse. But, for a Civil War event, it was totally bland. And maybe it's worse...

It 's a good representation of Marvel since the end of Secret War: totally without ambition.
    Last edited by lordozone; 12-28-2016 at 10:30 AM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

This event would have been much stronger with half the number of issues. Make it dense, don't decompress. The ending had no resolution, just setting up a new status quo, a status quo that has already been revealed and begun.

Carol was so out of character for this event, it was ridiculous. They sabotaged her character like they did with Tony's in the first Civil War.

When will marvel learn you cannot turn a Hero into a Fascist and then have the character snap back to normal the next week. There are consequences to your actions.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Anyone have any idea how long you think they'll keep Tony comatose??? Until 2018 maybe??? I personally find riri boring I like the infamous iron man Doctor doom though.
    Yeah, 2018 is my guess too. At least for now. Then again he could be awake in time for the next movie.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    That future Loki was beaten, absorbed into New Loki's staff and that entire timeline was erased. So no. If the writers cared a little about continuity they wouldn't do this crap.
    Marvel don't seem to care that much about continuity nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    honestly almost everything that happened in CWII is 100% or at least 50% Tony's fault and this entire event could have been avoided if he didn't go mental the second Rhodey died. P.s. I'm a Tony stark fan as much as I am a Carol Danvers fan but it's obvious that Tony is partly to blame in escalating a conflict breaking into new attilan and kidnapping Ulysses and keeping him against his will to perform tests and let's not forget him ambushing and attacking Carol when she was simply trying to deescalate the situation and trying to peacefully talk to miles and then out of nowhere Tony attacks her why??? It's never made clear.

Like no doubt Carol was wrong and I'll acknowledge that as a Carol Danvers fan but I think so many people honestly don't realize that Tony did indeed play a role in escalating conflict.
    It's not Tony's fault. It's not Carol's fault. It's Marvel's fault.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Marvel should realize at some point that Bendis is not your best guy to do events. But I suppose they will never find out if the sales contradict fans opinions. I thin they know that a lot of fans will complain and buy it anyway. IMO the biggest indicator is how the threads for each issue of Hickman's Secret Wars garnered a lot more discussion than this. Heck, there was always a ton of discussion about the morality issues stirred up by the incursions in New Avengers even before that.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Ulysses’ powers have proven to be inconsistent over the course of Civil War II. With that in mind, how should readers take these final visions? Some are clearly upcoming events like Monsters Unleashed and Inhumans vs. X-Men Are the other hints at future plans, or are their red herrings mixed in as well?

BMB: Some of them have already happened, or at least are futures we know of, like Days of Future Past and Age of Ultron, futures that could happen. Those are almost like a warning shot, things that could happen, will happen or could be avoided. All of that, we thought was a nice way for Ulysses to kind of bow out of profiling and leave just enough for all the heroes that were present to realize that they will always have work to do.
    WHAT!?! You wasted valuable pages on showing things we already know?! couldn't you have just shoved them all into one big double page spread?! Oh come on.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    My issue is nothing happened. Nothing was resolved. It just ended.

People mention stuff like Axis or Original Sin or Fear Itself but at least there was a completely story there. A beginning, middle, and end.

This was a beginning, middle, middle, middle.... middle, moved on. It didn't "end." It basically went "all our opinions are the same but we ran out of pages"

No one learned anything. It was only resolved because Ulysses evolved and the "predict the future" option was 100% off the table now.
    Uh. I wouldn't say any of the stories I listed as examples had a definite "beginning, middle, and end."

Ultimatum began with Magneto flooding the world, many heroes died, some heroes kill Magneto, then more heroes die. Age of Ultron is all over the place. Begins as a rescue mission for Spider-Man and ends with Sue Storm and Logan returning to 616. That event didn't even have an impact on the 616 even though it was supposed to be set in the main universe. Heroes Reborn was a huge mess with no lasting developments besides the beginning of the breakdown of Rob Liefeld. Fear Itself was similar to your interpretation of Civil War II. It kind of had a beginning, then huuuuuuuge middle with a shitton of tie-ins that ranged from stellar to eh, then an ending??

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I'm rather torn CWI and CWII and which one is the worst of them.

On one hand, CWI was offensive. On the other hand CWII was boring.
    I think CWII was plenty offensive in and of itself with it's character portrayals and treatment of iconic heroes for a "predictive justice" storyline that everybody could see the end of coming.

It's just boring on-top of that

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    WHAT!?! You wasted valuable pages on showing things we already know?! couldn't you have just shoved them all into one big double page spread?! Oh come on.
    Well if this issue came out in the summer, it would have been pretty cool, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Fear Itself was similar to your interpretation of Civil War II. It kind of had a beginning, then huuuuuuuge middle with a shitton of tie-ins that ranged from stellar to eh, then an ending??
    fear itself had an ending tho. Thor killed the serpent, Odin took Cul away. THen end, thread ended. it was a typical superhero story, not an ideological discussion between heroes

this literally didn't have an true ending. It just stopped. Ulysses left, the end
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    fear itself had an ending tho. Thor killed the serpent, Odin took Cul away. THen end, thread ended. it was a typical superhero story, not an ideological discussion between heroes

this literally didn't have an true ending. It just stopped. Ulysses left, the end
    I think the oath which is written by nick spencer might be the real ending its more of a aftermath issue though at least it won't be written by bendis though.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Anyone still stupid enough to buy an event book written by Bendis deserves what they get. I have zero sympathy for you. The man can not write and event book to save his life and has shown this numerous times. They all fall part in the end because the man is just not a closer. To keep buying them thinking this time it is going to be different make you part of the problem in regards to marvels never ending event cycle.

Next time just think about what your buying a little more.

Niffleheim

This event reads like a fanfic of those crazy CNN surrogates during the campaign trying hard to make their favored candidates seem misunderstood.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

With the ending, it looks like Marvel is trying to have its cake and eat it too.

They turned Stark into a martyr and showed how uber Captain Marvel is without (technically) turning her into a killer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    With the ending, it looks like Marvel is trying to have its cake and eat it too.

They turned Stark into a martyr and showed how uber Captain Marvel is without (technically) turning her into a killer.
    The only reason Tony's "dead" is because of Tony started the fight. Carol was defending herself.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    The only reason Tony's "dead" is because of Tony started the fight. Carol was defending herself.
    Yes, but how many times does a hero end up "dead" from a hero-on-hero scuffle? Hell, most of the time they end up working together afterwards.

It was a clever move by Marvel to avoid having their up-and-comer killing a mainstay.