I'd love to see lowered prices.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Increased diversity of writers
    Announced She Hulk TV series
    Wiccan solo
    Better video games
    Mantis to return to the avengers
    And fans willing to give them a chance instead of what we saw happen to Chelsea Cain and others. Can't have diverse writers if they are boycotted before the first issue.

Extraordinary Member

(Quickly googled the Cain event).

Stuff like that disappoints me.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'd love to see lowered prices.
    Especually on double shipped books (which means X-Men Gold and Blue and Captain America Steve Rogers, and both Amazing Spider-Man and Deadpool often do so too).
    Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Then I wish Duggan would continue writing his mini Secret Wars Nova book for the Bakian family as an ongoing.
    Would be nice if at least Rich and Sam recruited them early on for the Nova Corps.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-29-2016 at 03:12 PM.

BANNED

Occupy Avengers & Hulk getting axed off is on the top of my wish list.

But beyond that:
    -Hercules relaunch
    -Namor/Invaders ongoing
    -Spider-Woman relaunch
    -That Scarlet Spider rumor to be true
    -A Scarlet Witch ongoing that gives Wanda a break & no more stupid retcons
    -No more "Good Guy" Sabretooth
    -Real Logan to return
    -Web Warriors relaunch
    -Thunderstrike Jr. To return in Jason Aaron's Thor books
    -Bruce Banner to return
    -Hank Pym to return
    -Wonder Man to return
    -Defenders Ongoing
    -Monsters Unleashed (yes I know we're all suffering from event fatigue but screw it Giant Monster all out rumble sounds awesome & really fun)
    -Captain Britain ongoing
    -The New GotG creative team to be good.
    -Marvel to tone back on the number of books they think they need.
    -Fantastic 4
    Last edited by DJ1107; 12-29-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    5. For Elixir to NOT die again in IvX.
    Honestly? A part of me kinda does want him to die again. I kiiiinda want him dying to start turning into a running gag.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogvampire View Post
    That All-New Fantastic Four team would be awesome. I'm just starting to read the Fantastic Four comics when the original Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Spier-man, and Hulk were a team and so far I have been enjoying that so seeing the next generation of heroes teaming up would be cool. I still want the original Fantastic Four back but this would be a cool team too.
    Yeah, Felipe Smith is already bringing them together in Ghost Rider. Amadeus and Laura are already there, and I think Silk is supposed to show up, too. A lot of people have noted that it's a take on the New Fantastic Four from Walt Simonson's FF run. So I figure, why not actually spin it off?

-Ms. Marvel to keep rolling. Really enjoying it.
    -Bring back Raze Darkholme under someone who isn't Bendis
    -Emperor Kl'rt solo, if possible.
    -Bring back Jazinda in the new Hulk ongoing.
    -Bring back a good chunk of the New X-Men, especially Surge.
    -I really want the new America ongoing to be just off the charts, so that it could possibly influence more of these solos.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

1. No more events for a few years ( Yeah, I know this will never happen but a guy can dream and events like SW and CWII keep me far away from their books )

2. Lower price point.

3. No more relaunches.

4. Concentrate on just telling solid stories and letting books breath a bit before they and their writers are saddled with an event.

5. Keep Bendis as far away from event books as possible.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Generally:

1. No more events.
    2. Lowered Prices.
    3. No relaunches and cancellations every 12 issues.
    4. No minis advertised as ongoings.
    5. No more gimmicks and cheap stunts.

Apart from that, book-wise:

1. Get Coates off Black Panther, and Slott off TASM.
    2. Duggan stays on Deadpool for as long as he wants.
    3. Stop giving ongoings to folks like Aphra or Poe, and start fleshing out the SW line with the big names first.
    4. Merge T-Bolts, Black Widow and the like into a Secret Avengers ongoing, and use the HYDRA storyline there, instead of tainting Cap.
    5. Captain Britain & Excalibur ongoing, with the rest of the team being Death's Head, Wysdom, Meggan & Dane.
    6. Infamous Iron Man ends, Doom gets his own title by someone competent, Bendis' OC gets blown up, and Tony reclaims the main book.
    7. Marvel stops treating Strange as Magic!Tony.
    8. GotG becomes the SW-Title of the MU, and is written by someone competent.
    9. Conway to write a cosmic horror/supernatural-themed book and continue his story from Carnage.
    10. The X-Men stop with the minority allegory bullshit, and embrace their sci-fi side.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    - Less nostalgia and more new ideas (looking at you, RessurrXion).
    Yep, I'll agree with that. I will always side with less nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    For Bendis to stop hogging Schiti
    Heh. Yeah, I'll agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Increased diversity of writers
    Yay, someone else who put that on their wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    - A pleasant surprise for the next Guardians of the Galaxy series writer. With a sequel heading to cinemas around the time Bendis leaves there'll be easily enough publicity to boost sales, so you don't need to give the job to one of the usual suspects, Marvel. Try looking outside the bullpen. Maybe find one of those 'homosexuals' you only hear about it in fairytales. Or at least a woman. One issue down and Nicola Perlman's Gamora already feels 300% more cosmic-ass than anything Bendis pulled out. Just. Try. It's lovely when you put diverse voices on diverse books, but it could mean so much more to attach one to a flagship.

- Speaking of Guardians and diversity, it's nearly 2017 and Phylla-Vell is still dead. This remains unacceptable.
    Phylla-Vell coming back would definitely be great. You know who'd probably be inclined to do that? Kate Leth. A queer woman. Because yeah, I really want GotG's next writer to not be another white dude. I know everyone wants Soule or Ewing or DnA (because why have something new when you can have something that's already been done) or a few other white dudes who get their names thrown into that discussion. But I would be thrilled to see an A-list title given to someone who's not a white dude. Because A-list titles always go to white dudes. The argument is that they should go to writers who've "proven themselves," but it's hard for writers to prove themselves when they're not actually given a real opportunity. When they're stuck on tertiary titles that were never going to be big sellers. So I'm really hoping they don't just slap another white guy on GotG, even though I know they will. Not a single doubt in my mind. I would give it 99% odds that it's a white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Occupy Avengers & Hulk getting axed off is on the top of my wish list.
    Because why should books exist if you're not interested in them, right? I mean, if you're not interested in David Walker exploring social justice issues, then surely no one else is interested, right? And why would anyone want a Hulk title written by a fantastic, award-winning writer? Right?

-A Scarlet Witch ongoing that gives Wanda a break & no more stupid retcons[/QUOTE]
    I've been reading the current series on Unlimited. It's fantastic. It's stellar work, making Wanda more compelling and more capable than she has ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    1. Get Coates off Black Panther, and Slott off TASM.
    6. Infamous Iron Man ends, Doom gets his own title by someone competent, Bendis' OC gets blown up, and Tony reclaims the main book.
    10. The X-Men stop with the minority allegory bullshit, and embrace their sci-fi side.
    1. I really love Coates' Black Panther. I think it's a fascinating exploration of politics, revolution, civil war, Morality vs. Pragmatism, and other complex themes. It's a really smart book.
    6. Ah, yes, kill off the smart black girl character. If there's actually a fairly solid audience who likes her and is even inspired by her? Tough ****. You don't like the character, so she should just be killed off.
    10. No. Frankly, I think the complete audience. They should lean way more heavily into the minority allegory, use the early 2000s comics as a general guideline to explore what it really means to be part of a minority group.

A couple common threads I'm seeing here, as in all discussions of this type: "Make it the way it used to be!" and "Cancel books I don't like/Kill characters I don't like!" The first bothers me on a philosophical level, because I am deeply critical of nostalgia. The second thing? Yeah, that's just being a dick. The new Hulk series doesn't interest you? That's fine. But plenty of people are very, very excited, because a lot of people think Mariko Tamaki is a fantastic writer and the idea of her writing anything for Marvel is amazing. You don't like Riri? That's fine, I can't say I particularly give a damn about her either way. But here's something fun: Google Riri Williams cosplay. You know what, I'll save you a second:

CwIF1AyUAAQqpTH.jpg

She's a character who means something to plenty of people. Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's a bad character. It doesn't mean the people who are inspired by her should have her taken away from them.

How about this as an idea: Let's not call for books we dislike to be cancelled, and characters we don't like to be killed? Let's not be dicks like that. How's that sound? When a book doesn't interest us, or if it disappoints us, we just move on. "Well, it's a shame it's not what I was hoping for, but other people are enjoying it, so I'm happy for them." Can we adopt that as a philosophy?

-MJ gets back in Amazing Spider-Man and gets treated well.

-Champions and X-Men: Blue be great and sell like hotcakes.

-Emma doesn't die in IvX or turns evil.

-Adult Cyclops gets resurrected.

-Adventures of Cyclops and Emma(it's a wish)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    1. I really love Coates' Black Panther. I think it's a fascinating exploration of politics, revolution, civil war, Morality vs. Pragmatism, and other complex themes. It's a really smart book.
    Yes, except from the fact that most Black Panther fans hate it. You want to know why? Because what you call a "fascinating exploration of [...]" is nothing more than a retread of countless plots we've seen tons of times, and does nothing but make T'Challa look like an oaf. It's not a smart book just because it uses inellectual and beautiful words to make the writting seem more mature. It's simply a revolution story with Coates' OC Pets as the mouthpieces. Wakanda isn't a real world monarchy, it's a fictional Utopia set on Earth. What Coates has done is destroy the BP mythos to tell his own uninspired story. And again, just because it's tackling those issues, doesn't mean that it's tackling them succesfully.

It's an insulting BP run, and the majority of fans have already dropped the book. Some of us stayed with it a little longer past the first three issues, and some are sticking with it until the first arc concludes, but it's a badly structured, badly paced, uninspired run, and no matter how many times the whole "but it's clever 'cause it like, deals with real world issues and has like, pretty words in there" line is thrown aroud, my opinion won't change.

6. Ah, yes, kill off the smart black girl character. If there's actually a fairly solid audience who likes her and is even inspired by her? Tough ****. You don't like the character, so she should just be killed off.
    Bendis took the IM job and advertised his book as the new flagship. What he did in a whole year was use it to create a luckster event, spin-off his own perfect little Pet OC, "kill" Tony without adding anything to his character, and use Doom to destroy one of the most important Doom/Strange stories, by bringing Cynthia Von Doom back. So yeah, I'd like to see everything even remotely connected to his run crash and burn. His book doesn't deserve to have the same title as the brilliant Fraction one.

His OC already exists in the MU, and goes by the name of Sun Girl. And she's actually a likeable and unique character who's worth exploring. But hey, that doesn't work because Bendis hasn't created her, so that means he must waste an entire run and fall back on his promise, by making one book a worthless self-promoting piece, and the other a mini that complicates the already complicated retcon. Ah, Bendis at his best!

10. No. Frankly, I think the complete audience. They should lean way more heavily into the minority allegory, use the early 2000s comics as a general guideline to explore what it really means to be part of a minority group.
    Yeah, I'm sure the guy who can move planets and the gal who's the vessel for a cosmic force are really great analogues for racism... And after decades of the same stories, God forbid they explore their Celestial, Eternal ties and whatnot. I mean, sure, Charlie & his wheelie in the world of cyborgs makes total sense! I sure can't wait for another "hated and feared" story. I wonder who's gonna kill a beloved character this time! The faceless mob? The Christian Extremists (because Heaven forbid they use other religions, nah, only them have that "honor")? The Government? Oh boy, so many realistic and inspired stories! Coming soon in the book featuring the telepath who hosted a firey bird and commited genocide, the guy who's killed more people than the plague, the guy who can tilt the Earth's axis and many more great analogues for the persecution people face all around the world, mostly due to the effects of the current global economy! Oh boy!

How about this as an idea: Let's not call for books we dislike to be cancelled, and characters we don't like to be killed? Let's not be dicks like that. How's that sound? When a book doesn't interest us, or if it disappoints us, we just move on. "Well, it's a shame it's not what I was hoping for, but other people are enjoying it, so I'm happy for them." Can we adopt that as a philosophy?
    You might have missed a very important part in the title though... It's a wishlist! Shocking, I know, but here's the thing: Wishes don't come true! Yeah, I was just as surprised last week when I sacrificed 15 virgins to Nyarlathotep, but I didn't get super-powers... So, you can keep on enjoying the current Marvel slate and let folks wish for whatever they want. It ain't that hard...
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 12-30-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Here goes!

- new releases of titles with characters fans want to read about (both old and new)
    - bring back Bruce Banner as the Hulk
    - bring back Hank Pym as Giant-Man (I'd go for Goliath too, honestly... just bring him back! And 100% organic would be nice also!)
    - bring back Tony Stark as Iron Man
    - bring back Simon Williams
    - make Steve Rogers the good guy again
    - create new teams of heroes WITHOUT pinning an "Avengers" name on them. It's not because you form a team that it HAS to be an Avengers team, especially if there's no 'real' Avenger on the team to begin with (I'll probably get booed for this, but hey... )
    - a new Tales to Astonish title where Hank, Jan and Nadia go on crazy explorations throughout the Microverse, Macroverse, Overspace, Underspace, and everywhere they can! (I can dream, right?)
    - bring back the Fantastic Four, either the team itself on its own title or as individuals in another book. Reed and Sue need to come back.
    - make Thor worthy again
    - less Deadpool in everything

Nostalgic? Maybe. But this is what I'd like
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 12-30-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    (Quickly googled the Cain event).

Stuff like that disappoints me.
    I tried the Cain Mockingbird book and personally I felt it never went anywhere, did absolutely nothing for me, and the whole retcon of the rape was handled stupidly IMO. So I for one will not be reading a Cain comic anytime soon based on how she did on Mockingbird.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

a Winter Soldier solo by Jason Latour & Nic Klein
    or
    a BuckyNat book by Chris Samnee or Jason Latour & Nic Klein

a Invaders book not written by James Robinson.

a book with Union Jack in (maybe Invaders )
    a book with Arno Stark in

a Reader solo by Charles Soule
    a Frank McGee solo by Charles Soule

Marvel to release a HC of Waid & Samnee's Black Widow
    Marvel to release a Complete Collection of Gillen's Iron Man
    Marvel to re-release a Complete Collection of Irredeemable Ant-Man

a resurrected Eric O'Grady

Archangel to still be around

Thor to be called Thor again

and for Nick Fury to get off the fecking Moon!
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re