Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Hey Xhatch, can you do one of these for the DC boards?
    Please feel free to start one for DC. I only read the DC Rebirth issue and never picked up a single DC Rebirth book yet (not a single title from it appeals to me). I'm by no means a DC hater, just currently not reading anything from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    It's doing well because newcomers are buying it. Sales don't equal a good book. And hell, nobody ever said that it's a bad book entirely, it's a bad Black Panther book, period. I don't care if he brings in "democracy". He has done so much to completely undermine the mythos that it's not salvageable at this point. If he wanted to write his own story, he should've gone to Image. The moment you take on an already established character, you have to manage to satisfy both old and new fans. And besides, the book could've been the most average, run of the mill story and it'd still get traction due to CW.
    I disagree.

Well, thing is, she ain't going anywhere, so whether I like her or hope she dies a horrific death in a canon Marvel Zombies revival book makes no difference. She's a crap character who doesn't deserve hogging the spotlight, at least from my POV. I may hate Moon Girl as well, but at least she's got a unique backstory. Bendis' OC is an insult to new characters. He used Tony's book as merely a vehicle, and because of that, I'd like to see everything remotely connected to his run crash and burn. Petty? Sure, but it's my own personal opinion that I'm forcing nobody to share.
    Still feels dickish to me to say you want the character to die.

That doesn't work with the "X-Men" though. With mutants, sure, go nuts. But not with the A-Team of Mutants. Eye-Boy, Shark Girl and Glob, dumb characters as they are, fit that kind of story. But Mr. "I can basically manipulate whatever the hell I want", Ms. "I come back from the grave ever two years" and Ms. "I'm a literal Demon now" ain't what I'd consider good analogues.
    I honestly don't even know who the guy you're talking about is, as the X-Men have no particularly overpowered men at the moment. Adult Jean has been dead for over a decade and Teen Jean, powerful as she is, still has limits. Illyana is powerful, but most of that power is limited to Limbo. Which is where she's being dumped in Ressurxion anyway. And the thing is, while it's true that the main X-Men, on their own, don't really fit the allegory, there's no reason to think they'd have to be on their own. Again, I would point to how the franchise was in the early 2000s. Morrison spent a lot of time exploring the allegory, by creating a mutant culture, and while there was a lynching, there was also the U-Men as an allegory for cultural appropriation, and there was positive stuff, as well. District X was all about life in a ghetto (using the actual definition of being a part of a city where a specific minority group lives). Other books touched on this stuff. That period, prior to Decimation, was full of some fairly interesting explorations of mutants-as-allegory. And there was also plenty of superhero stuff going on. There is no reason why that can't be done again. Get some writers who belong to minority groups to guide the franchise. (Aside: Bendis, as a Jew, is part of a minority group. He touched on the minority allegory waaay more than most writers.) I want to see what David Walker would do with X-Men. I want to see what Marguerite Bennett would do with X-Men. Give me one of them over any straight white dude on the entire goddamn planet.

Yeah, well, that's the point of wishlists and personal opinions. If I'm stuck in a world without Ice Cream, and the other guy hates chocolate while I love it, and by some miracle a genie pops up and asks me to choose only one flavor to exist, I'm gonna go with chocolate. And because something like that is entirely impossible, you'll still be able to read about Bendis' Pet OC, and I'll be free to voice my distaste of her. I don't see the problem... I mean, it's not like this is her appreciation thread. It's a personal wishlist one...
    Again, still feels dickish. Because it's a really common attitude, in general. There's a very distinct "Give me mine and screw everyone else" mindset to it, and I think that's a really bad, really harmful mindset to bring. I would much rather see people learn to simply accept that not everything will appeal to them, not everything is meant to appeal to them, and that if something doesn't appeal to them, they should simply let it go. To use your own metaphor: The guy who hates chocolate ice cream shouldn't respond by saying that chocolate ice cream is awful and he hopes it goes away. He should say, "Well, it's not for me, but if you enjoy it, I'm happy for you."

So how's that for a wish? More positivity.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    Please feel free to start one for DC. I only read the DC Rebirth issue and never picked up a single DC Rebirth book yet (not a single title from it appeals to me). I'm by no means a DC hater, just currently not reading anything from them.
    Okay. Thanks
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Overall I have a lot of wishes for 2017
    1)Have Odinson become worthy again, and get his own series. I don't need/want Jane to go away but I really want the whole unworthy/drunken/depressed Odinson era to be over and the idea of them sharing a book sounds like a nightmare to me because based on how they have portrayed/written Jane so far, the book would just be 20 pages of everybody commenting on how much better Jane is than odison. Although with Unworthy Thor being just a 5 issue mini, I do worry that the two sharing a series is exactly what will happen.
    2) The end of the Hydra Cap story
    3) Return of the Fantastic 4
    4) The new "Hulk" book with Jen Walters doesn't get cancelled
    5) More Interaction with Laura(Wolverine) and Old Man Logan
    6) Guardians of the galaxy book written by Al Ewing or David F Walker
    7) Infamous Iron Man continues on for more than one or two arcs, Doom trying to be a hero has the potential to be really interesting, there is so much they could do with the story I just hope it isn't cancelled and avoids falling victim to being ruined by events or Marvel's never ending desire to shake up the status quo every 3-4 issues.
    7) No events written by Bendis
    8) Emma Frost doesn't go back into limbo and doesn't become a supervillain
    9) Magik doesn't disappear from the X-books, I am kinda worried about this since she is not currently seen in any of the new line of books for this year
    10)The Black Cat as the "queenpin of crime" storyline ends.
    11) We find out how Daredevil's Identity is secret again. A good mystery is ok but Marvel takes a little too long to reveal stuff like this and most of the time when they do it has been so long that I no longer care when it is revealed, kinda like thor being unworthy because of something fury said, at this point I really don't care what fury said any more, there is no explanation that will make it worth the wait. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with the Secret ID storyline in Daredevil.
    Last edited by regg215; 12-30-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I disagree.
    Yeah, well, I'm gonna go with the opinions of the Black Panther fans who we've read the majority of his titles, and not the newcomers who jumped on the bandwagon 'cause they liked a movie, if you don't mind...

Still feels dickish to me to say you want the character to die.
    Yeah, well... I don't particularly care. I dislike the character, I'd like her to go away, end of story.

I honestly don't even know who the guy you're talking about is, [...]
    It's Magneto. He can manipulate electromangetism, which is one of the Four Fundamental Forces of the Universe. When they gave him control over metal, they didn't realise just how OP they were making him.

[...] as the X-Men have no particularly overpowered men at the moment. Adult Jean has been dead for over a decade and Teen Jean, powerful as she is, still has limits. Illyana is powerful, but most of that power is limited to Limbo. Which is where she's being dumped in Ressurxion anyway. And the thing is, while it's true that the main X-Men, on their own, don't really fit the allegory, there's no reason to think they'd have to be on their own. Again, I would point to how the franchise was in the early 2000s. Morrison spent a lot of time exploring the allegory, by creating a mutant culture, and while there was a lynching, there was also the U-Men as an allegory for cultural appropriation, and there was positive stuff, as well. District X was all about life in a ghetto (using the actual definition of being a part of a city where a specific minority group lives). Other books touched on this stuff. That period, prior to Decimation, was full of some fairly interesting explorations of mutants-as-allegory. And there was also plenty of superhero stuff going on. There is no reason why that can't be done again. Get some writers who belong to minority groups to guide the franchise. (Aside: Bendis, as a Jew, is part of a minority group. He touched on the minority allegory waaay more than most writers.) I want to see what David Walker would do with X-Men. I want to see what Marguerite Bennett would do with X-Men. Give me one of them over any straight white dude on the entire goddamn planet.
    Yeah, well, here's the thing: I don't care about that. I want to see the evolutionary aspect tackled more. I want more of Ellis' Ghost Boxes, and less preaching about equality in a book where someone can just have a thought and decimate cities of thousands. I just... don't care. I don't like it. And personally speaking, I don't want more stories like that. It ain't that hard to grasp...

Again, still feels dickish. Because it's a really common attitude, in general. There's a very distinct "Give me mine and screw everyone else" mindset to it, and I think that's a really bad, really harmful mindset to bring. I would much rather see people learn to simply accept that not everything will appeal to them, not everything is meant to appeal to them, and that if something doesn't appeal to them, they should simply let it go. To use your own metaphor: The guy who hates chocolate ice cream shouldn't respond by saying that chocolate ice cream is awful and he hopes it goes away. He should say, "Well, it's not for me, but if you enjoy it, I'm happy for you."

So how's that for a wish? More positivity.
    Again, it's a wishlist. It's personal. Wishes aren't real. So, how about this: You let people wish for whatever they want, because, in the end, it's... not really gonna come true. It's not hard, really, you can ignore the posts you disagree with, just like I ignore Bendis' Pet OC's appreciation thread and don't go in there, trashing her. Once more, it's really not that hard...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I read the first trade of Coates' BP and it was boring. I would rather watch a PBS documentary about paint drying than read more of that. Chris Yost should have been given the reigns on ASM a long time ago. He'd be great for the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yeeeeees! Please Marvel.
    Yes, well, you're both wrong, 'cause the BP book is phenomenal! Phenomenal I tell you! You're just too blind to see it! I mean, if you ignore all the changes made to Wakanda, the blantant disregard for the mythos, the use of his OCs as mouthpieces, the complete jobness of T'Challa and the pretentious writting, it's top of the line...

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I think that Matt Kindt would be great for Guardians. Divinity was the challenging, engaging, shot in the arm sci-fi I needed, or maybe James Roberts, but he would never leave transformers.
    Oh yeah, I really liked Divinity, but I still haven't read the second one. I'm thinking of getting all three in trades somewhere down the line. I'm reading his Ninjak though, which has been great. As for Roberts, why not leave TFs? Especially if he was offered such a high profile job? I'm not really into the TF stuff. Either way, the trick is to stop making the GotG act like their MCU versions, and start telling better stories.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go with the opinions of the Black Panther fans who we've read the majority of his titles, and not the newcomers who jumped on the bandwagon 'cause they liked a movie, if you don't mind...
    So, hey, do you know every single Black Panther fan? Because I'd bet there's a lot of long-term fans of the character who enjoy what Coates is doing. But whatever.

Yeah, well... I don't particularly care. I dislike the character, I'd like her to go away, end of story.
    If you don't like her, don't read her. No need to be dickish about it and wish for the people who do love her to be denied her.

It's Magneto. He can manipulate electromangetism, which is one of the Four Fundamental Forces of the Universe. When they gave him control over metal, they didn't realise just how OP they were making him.
    Ah, well, he does have limits. He's not a god.

Yeah, well, here's the thing: I don't care about that. I want to see the evolutionary aspect tackled more. I want more of Ellis' Ghost Boxes, and less preaching about equality in a book where someone can just have a thought and decimate cities of thousands. I just... don't care. I don't like it. And personally speaking, I don't want more stories like that. It ain't that hard to grasp...
    Both can be done. You can have X-titles dealing with the minority allegory, and you can have an X-title involved in big crazy cosmic stuff. There's no reason it has to be either/or. There's no reason fans of one thing have to be denied what they enjoy just because someone else wants something else. There could very easily be, say, Uncanny X-Men for big flashy superheroics with the minority aspect an added detail, X-Men for a heavier focus on the minority stuff with superheroics a secondary concern, and Astonishing X-Men for some bizarre cosmic shenanigans. That's really my whole problem with the whole "get rid of this thing!" attitude. It creates a binary where you can have this thing or that thing, when the reality is you can have both things, and more.

Again, it's a wishlist. It's personal. Wishes aren't real. So, how about this: You let people wish for whatever they want, because, in the end, it's... not really gonna come true. It's not hard, really, you can ignore the posts you disagree with, just like I ignore Bendis' Pet OC's appreciation thread and don't go in there, trashing her. Once more, it's really not that hard...
    And again, it's an attitude that's expressed routinely, in all sorts of places, and an attitude I think is harmful. And I wish people would move away from that attitude, in favour of being happy that people can enjoy books they enjoy. I don't care about Riri one way or the other, but I see what she means to her fans, and I find that really sweet. Solo is a book that's very much not for me, but I have no objection to that book existing. I'm deeply disappointed with Champions and I think Waid's doing a poor job on it, but I'm not going to wish for it to be cancelled. I think positivity is valuable. I think more people being more positive would make the comics community, and the comics industry, better.

It's the difference between "I want Dan Slott off Spider-Man" and "I want Marjorie Liu on Spider-Man." It's the difference between "I want Quentin Quire killed off" and "I want Surge to get a big role." One is about limiting what's there, the other is about expanding what's there. One is hate, the other is love. One is anger, the other is hope.

One attitude does harm. The other attitude does good. And I wish more people were more interested in doing more good.

BANNED

So, hey, do you know every single Black Panther fan? Because I'd bet there's a lot of long-term fans of the character who enjoy what Coates is doing. But whatever.
    And you do? Here, the BP fans don't like it. In comicvine, the BP fans don't like it. As the biggest comic book communities, I'm drawing my conclusions from there. The BP bok is doing well mostly due to the push of the movie. Go back to the Hudlin or Liss runs. Much better, but still, they sold far less. It stands to reason to assume that the huge numbers are mostly due to the new fanbase that came in due to CW, and not the old school fans.

I don't even get what's so hard to grasp here. To you, a person who never really cared for BP before, it might be a good book. To folks who've been following the character for years, it's mediocre and does more harm than good. For me, and them it is a bad book. It's an opinion. You don't have to agree or try to change it. Objectively, it is destroying the BP mythos in favor of being "intellectual". Whether you like that or not, it's up to you.

If you don't like her, don't read her. No need to be dickish about it and wish for the people who do love her to be denied her.
    Jesus... It's a bloody wishlist thread. I'm gonna wish for whatever the bloody hell I want. I can't affect reality or make Marvel change their plans. It's just that... a wish! A bloody wish that will never come true! A-am I allowed to think it? Or should we ban "negative" thoughts as well?

Ah, well, he does have limits. He's not a god.
    He can manipulate the EMF of protons and electrons. He's basically a matter maniuplator under a different name. He's pretty dang powerful to still be a stand-in for persecution and racism.

Both can be done. You can have X-titles dealing with the minority allegory, and you can have an X-title involved in big crazy cosmic stuff. There's no reason it has to be either/or. There's no reason fans of one thing have to be denied what they enjoy just because someone else wants something else. There could very easily be, say, Uncanny X-Men for big flashy superheroics with the minority aspect an added detail, X-Men for a heavier focus on the minority stuff with superheroics a secondary concern, and Astonishing X-Men for some bizarre cosmic shenanigans. That's really my whole problem with the whole "get rid of this thing!" attitude. It creates a binary where you can have this thing or that thing, when the reality is you can have both things, and more.
    Yeah, well, thing is, I never said "erase tah minoritah stuffh". I merely expressed my opinion that I want them to be done with it when the big names are concerned. Reading about the guy who can manipulate matter being "persecuted" by the average joe with no powers or IQ in the quadruple digits ain't interesting to me. How about they explore themes like transhumanism, deism, nihilism and all that jazz? But nah, "I can manipulate fire, and myneighbors are scared of me, so I'm persecuted" is apparently more interesting. Well, for me at least, it isn't.

And again, it's an attitude that's expressed routinely, in all sorts of places, and an attitude I think is harmful. And I wish people would move away from that attitude, in favour of being happy that people can enjoy books they enjoy. I don't care about Riri one way or the other, but I see what she means to her fans, and I find that really sweet. Solo is a book that's very much not for me, but I have no objection to that book existing. I'm deeply disappointed with Champions and I think Waid's doing a poor job on it, but I'm not going to wish for it to be cancelled. I think positivity is valuable. I think more people being more positive would make the comics community, and the comics industry, better.

It's the difference between "I want Dan Slott off Spider-Man" and "I want Marjorie Liu on Spider-Man." It's the difference between "I want Quentin Quire killed off" and "I want Surge to get a big role." One is about limiting what's there, the other is about expanding what's there. One is hate, the other is love. One is anger, the other is hope.

One attitude does harm. The other attitude does good. And I wish more people were more interested in doing more good.
    ...Don't you have anything better to do rather than pick fights on the internet with people? In a wishlist thread on a comic book board no less? It's my day off, so I don't really mind but... I don't think anybody here cares about your definiton of "hope" and "anger". People have opinions. Sometimes we disagree. Some others, we want to reach through the screen and choke the other person with their own innards. Thing is, you can just... forget it and move on. I mean, it's an option.

It greatly pisses me off when "white guys" are all lumped together, as if there's no distinction between our cultures, as if we're just a homogenous sack of "white" coloured meat. Same with any other colour. It's as if there are no different countries or cultures, we're all just "white, black and yellow". It pisses me off when the American-Bred Nick Spencer, from his safe space over at the good ol' US of A makes commentary on a European issue, going by the biased media, and is lauded as a "progressive" and a "champion for truth" for it. But, what I do is... forget it, move on, and focus on the things I actually enjoy. If you're interested in doing real "good", I suggest you go out there and do something that actually matters. Judging folks on the internet because they don't like a character is the very opposite of using your time efficiently.

And, just to make it easier, here goes: I'm a racist, xenophobic, petty, anger and hate filled arsehole who can't let people have a nice holiday and role model! You uncovered my true self by a few posts in a comicbook board! Hooray! Happy? Can you stop derailing the thread now and let people post their personal wishes about muscle bound supermodels in spandex?
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 12-31-2016 at 04:27 AM.

All-New Member

Bruce Banner

All-New Member

Blind Al . Hydra Bob . Agent X. to return for Deadpool ongoing and get rid of these new baggage deadpool picked up on the way to become an avenger lackey .

may be, keep the kid (she's not that annoying).

oh oh and get back to being the disgusting sadistic f***k we know and love . (as in torture chamber for al , killing off friends/good guys for fun/money/both...you know tuesday!!)

make mine marvel

All-New Member

oh and the runaways and elsa bloodstone (does marvel hate cool kids or what!!)

Quote Originally Posted by ranimrandom View Post
    Blind Al . Hydra Bob . Agent X. to return for Deadpool ongoing and get rid of these new baggage deadpool picked up on the way to become an avenger lackey .

may be, keep the kid (she's not that annoying).

oh oh and get back to being the disgusting sadistic f***k we know and love . (as in torture chamber for al , killing off friends/good guys for fun/money/both...you know tuesday!!)
    Character progression keeps this from happening. Preston and Adsit are awesome. I love Ellie. Wade's not going to go back to throwing people in The Box, but he still has a mean streak in him and things will always end up falling apart, keeping that streak alive. I would honestly be devastated if Wade started torturing people and killing for purely selfish reasons again.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Character progression keeps this from happening. Preston and Adsit are awesome. I love Ellie. Wade's not going to go back to throwing people in The Box, but he still has a mean streak in him and things will always end up falling apart, keeping that streak alive. I would honestly be devastated if Wade started torturing people and killing for purely selfish reasons again.
    mean streak!! you call that a mean streak !!! - the hissyfit thrown by infant cable in the alt. universe where he was spawned by mister sinister was meaner than the new deadpool's mean streak . I just keeep myself from crying by telling this is the fanboy inside wade wilson who sold his soul to become an avenger for a year or something. also the whole polarization effect during axis , secret wars . or may be this is someother deadpool posing as deadpool from 616 and my deadpool is still in murderworld or battleworld or weirdworld somewhere making his way home to daddy (me).
    Its not that far fetched .everyone thought agent-x was deadpool for a long time so you never know .

Yes ... I know these are disillusions and deadpool will never be the same but I rather live in my head than the cruel cruel world it has turned out .

So please dun blow my bubbles they are fragile and made of blood and soap water.

P.S. Fabian Nicieza would be turning in his grave if he wasn alive already
    Last edited by ranimrandom; 12-31-2016 at 08:16 AM.

1) Get rid of the whole X Blue and Gold teams line-ups. Replace them with characters from New Mutants, Gen X, New X-Men and Gen Hope.

2) Use more of the characters created since 2000, and not only the legacy characters.
    More generally, use the whole toy box, not just flavor of the year characters.

3) Give all creators free access to Marvel Unlimited.

4) Magik solo. Pixie and Sapna (bring her back) as support characters (the fangirl apprentice and the reluctant apprentice). Colossus and Shadowcat BTFO.

5) Blue Marvel solo. Golden age arcs, Dr Brashear arcs, modern BM arcs.

6) Give at least one ongoing to Christos Gage (one where he could bring back Mettle, Reptil and Juston)

7) More cheesecake and beefcake! Hire Alessandro Barbucci! Bring back Marvel Swimsuit Special!

8) Bird of Prey like ongoing, featuring Spider-Man characters (Puma, Arana, Steel Spider, Alpha, Cardiac, etc) and Madame Web as "Oracle"

9) More alien in the Guardians of Galaxy

10) Bring back big, grumpy Groot and reveal that Carebear Groot is its offspring

11) God Squad ongoing, using actual gods and "avatars" (like Sun Wukong)

12) Warriors Three ongoing

13) Songbird out of Stuckybolts. Songbird as an Avenger. Forever.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 12-31-2016 at 08:35 AM.

Niffleheim

Jesus... It's a bloody wishlist thread. I'm gonna wish for whatever the bloody hell I want. I can't affect reality or make Marvel change their plans. It's just that... a wish! A bloody wish that will never come true! A-am I allowed to think it? Or should we ban "negative" thoughts as well?

Thanks for this ties in very well to Civil War II themes.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough