Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

For Marvel to have its own Rebirth.
    Peter and MJ back together in the 616.
    Return of the Fantastic Four.
    Cyclops and Professor X resurrected.
    Cool it with replacing original characters, seriously.
    Less events.
    Lower prices.
    I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...from-this-one/

How about less of THIS from store owners-

Let’s hope Marvel can turn things around in 2017 as all stores need the big two to be leaders, and while DC has stepped up to the plate, Marvel has some major issues to look over when it comes to pricing, content and who’s actually buying their books (and not just posting about how great they are on Tumblr or Twitter, after illegally downloading them).

I hope Marvel sorts things out to help all the struggling comic stores right now.

It is not Marvel's job to keep you in business. You were not screaming that when Dc was in the toilet. Don't scream it because you don't like the sexuality or skin color of the leads at Marvel. You do sell other products.
    I don't think you've read that article properly.

It also says:

We just closed out our best year of all time, best month, and our best sales week in history leading up to Christmas, but Marvel sales have never been this low in our store in the last 15 years.
    So, although it makes the earlier comment about struggling stores, their store is doing just great overall. But Marvel is being left behind.

For me, right now, Marvel is going through a bad period in terms of the books. Not quite as bad as the 90s, but the same things are happening; pointless rehashes of characters, retcons, and multiple covers to be seen everywhere. They're chasing the short-term dollars of new readers who may or may not stay in favour of the consistent spend of long-time fans.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...from-this-one/

How about less of THIS from store owners-

It is not Marvel's job to keep you in business. You were not screaming that when Dc was in the toilet. Don't scream it because you don't like the sexuality or skin color of the leads at Marvel. You do sell other products.
    You know, I actually do have to somewhat agree with the sentiments of those owners. Marvel does actually have some really questionable practices that I would argue are hurting both Marvel themselves, and the industry as a whole. They charge a lot for comics, and combined with pretty routine double-shipping for some books, they actually end up smothering the non-A-list titles. When people have to spend $10 a month on Amazing Spider-Man, or $15-$25 on all Deadpool's comics (which also routinely does giant-size issues at random), that's less money to spend on something like Hawkeye. And Hawkeye might be right up their alley, something they would absolutely love. But they only have so much money, and they like Spider-Man, and they like Deadpool, and that eats up every spare dime they can afford to spend on comics.

Beyond that, Marvel's practice of flooding the market has serious problems. I think Marvel should probably cut 1/3 of their titles. And I know full well that the titles I love most would be the first ones cut. And that sucks for me, though my bank account would cheer. But I genuinely think it would help Marvel and the comic industry.

As selfish as it sounds, I'd just like to see more of my favourite characters portrayed in a respectful and entertaining manner.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

All-New Member

A lot of things I'd like to ask for other people have already mentioned (hi there 'less events'!), so here's some I didn't see listed.

-Valerio Schiti and Sara Pichelli getting to work with writers who aren't Bendis
    -Captain Marvel gets a new haircut (I love Carol but just no)
    -Average quality of art to go up. Marvel has the best artists but too often I find myself reading a book and saying "who hired this artist?"
    -Subsequent issues of Hulk to be as awesome as the first one

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    As selfish as it sounds, I'd just like to see more of my favourite characters portrayed in a respectful and entertaining manner.
    How dare you ask for something so outlandish. Think about someone other than yourself for a change!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Beyond that, Marvel's practice of flooding the market has serious problems. I think Marvel should probably cut 1/3 of their titles. And I know full well that the titles I love most would be the first ones cut. And that sucks for me, though my bank account would cheer. But I genuinely think it would help Marvel and the comic industry.
    Hmm... how many books did DC have before Rebirth (I think it was 52 in their main line, plus licensed books and non-main universe material), compared to now? What got the chop? And how many does Marvel have out, and which ones could be culled? Just checking the solicits isn't enough to answer that, as sometimes a month is skipped.

BANNED

In 2017 I hope Marvel's Monsters story arc will crash and burn. It's gonna be terrible anyway and a rip off of DC Rebirths shorter Monster story anyway.

BANNED

Another thing I hope Marvel needs to just stop doing in 2017.

Enough with the constant Deadpool short mini series.

I'm not interested in Deadpool at all.

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    Another thing I hope Marvel needs to just stop doing in 2017.

Enough with the constant Deadpool short mini series.

I'm not interested in Deadpool at all.
    There's a quick fix to that.

Although I do agree, Deadpool is starting to experience a bit of a burnout for the second time in under 10 years.

Sage back!

That's it!

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

A better writer for Thor series, death of Jane Foster and return her to limbo, respect for all the Asgardian characters and stop already of such nonsense stupidity since Aaron had the great idea to turn Thor into a minor character with all this mess of the unworthy. More Amora the Enchantress, letting Loki rest until someone makes him regain his past glory (maybe Ewing again or Gillen rewrites Thor). Continuing the relationship Lorelei / Sigurd and taking it to a new level as it is to make them a family, it would not necessarily mean that Lorelei ceased to be who she is but better to do something to grow her as a character, including her relationship with her sister. Turn Sylvie Lushton into a recurring character in the Thor series. More respect for Odin and all that he is capable, apparently the writers have forgotten that thing, limiting him in bad ways.

And for other Marvel Things, recruiting better writers and artists for all Marvel lines to gain more quality (quality not quantity), to make these books able to be great again and beat DC on sales.

BANNED

Unworthy Thor is fine.

It's Jane Foster in mighty Thor that she needs to die. She has cancer.

Marvel needs to just let her go

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hmm... how many books did DC have before Rebirth (I think it was 52 in their main line, plus licensed books and non-main universe material), compared to now? What got the chop? And how many does Marvel have out, and which ones could be culled? Just checking the solicits isn't enough to answer that, as sometimes a month is skipped.
    Marvel has 92 comics solicited for March. Ninety-frigging-two. They should cut that down to 60. Which ones get the chop? Unfortunately, the lowest-selling, which means the best and most interesting. But also! No double-shipping! Don't do it, Marvel! You stop it, too, DC! Double-shipping is awful!

Extraordinary Member

Given the Maul mini next month, I'll excuse some flaws!