Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    6) Give at least one ongoing to Christos Gage (one where he could bring back Mettle, Reptil and Juston)
    1000% behind you on this, so long as it ain't Spider-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    His OC already exists in the MU, and goes by the name of Sun Girl. And she's actually a likeable and unique character who's worth exploring. But hey, that doesn't work because Bendis hasn't created her, so that means he must waste an entire run and fall back on his promise, by making one book a worthless self-promoting piece, and the other a mini that complicates the already complicated retcon. Ah, Bendis at his best!
    I would agree if you replaced "Sun Girl" with "Lila Rhodes". She's the one pre-existing character who could have replaced Tony Stark.

The reason Sun Girl is ignored is not because she is not Bendis's OC. It's because she doesn't have the delicious perfume of social conquest.
    Riri is a black girl genius who takes the mantle of Tony Stark. RDJR! One of the most popular Marvel characters! Sun Girl is a black girl genius who takes the mantle of Litteraly Who from old WWII comics.
    Riri gets what Sun Girl would never get: "OMG! The new Iron Man is a black smart kick ass gurlz" love buzz and "Boohoo, not muh Iron Man" hate buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I actually came up with another idea, though: Writers are limited to no more than three titles a month. That's it. If they want to do more than that, they can do it somewhere else. No more of this **** where you've got 5 or 6 writers doing 1/4 of Marvel's output. Three books. If Marvel wants to keep the line as big as it is, they'll just have to bring in more writers.
    I agree with that one, but that only applies to Bendis, right? He has 5 ongoings right now.
    I can't think of anyone else who have more than 3 books. Aaron has 3, Waid has 3, Ewing will soon have 3 too, and several writers have 2.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 12-31-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranimrandom View Post
    mean streak!! you call that a mean streak !!! - the hissyfit thrown by infant cable in the alt. universe where he was spawned by mister sinister was meaner than the new deadpool's mean streak . I just keeep myself from crying by telling this is the fanboy inside wade wilson who sold his soul to become an avenger for a year or something. also the whole polarization effect during axis , secret wars . or may be this is someother deadpool posing as deadpool from 616 and my deadpool is still in murderworld or battleworld or weirdworld somewhere making his way home to daddy (me).
    Its not that far fetched .everyone thought agent-x was deadpool for a long time so you never know .

Yes ... I know these are disillusions and deadpool will never be the same but I rather live in my head than the cruel cruel world it has turned out .

So please dun blow my bubbles they are fragile and made of blood and soap water.

P.S. Fabian Nicieza would be turning in his grave if he wasn alive already
    You and I have different perceptions of Deadpoolreality.

Nicieza even based his Deadpool from Split Second on Duggan's characterization. Which is right up there with Kelly (who's also writing the current version of Deadpool) and Remender (who bridged the gap from Kelly to Duggan's characterizations). This is the best Wade's been written in years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post

Thanks for this ties in very well to Civil War II themes.
    Careful now, don't go around having thoughts and shite. I mean, last week, the guy in front of me was taking his sweet time in the grocery shop, and I wished that he'd like, explode or somethin'. And guess what? He exploded, right before me eyes! Wishes are dangerous, dangerous I tell ya!

I would agree if you replaced "Sun Girl" with "Lila Rhodes". She's the one pre-existing character who could have replaced Tony Stark.

The reason Sun Girl is ignored is not because she is not Bendis's OC. It's because she doesn't have the delicious perfume of social conquest.
    Riri is a black girl genius who takes the mantle of Tony Stark. RDJR! One of the most popular Marvel characters! Sun Girl is a black girl genius who takes the mantle of Litteraly Who from old WWII comics.
    Riri gets what Sun Girl would never get: "OMG! The new Iron Man is a black smart kick ass gurlz" love buzz and "Boohoo, not muh Iron Man" hate buzz.
    My problem with Bendis' OC is that she's replacing Tony. Therefore, if you want to push a black genius girl, you can have Sun Girl, who has an existing codename, a connection to Spider-Man, the Lightmaster and the New Warriors. If Marvel's willing to lose money on Solo, why not try Sun Girl? So yeah, having Lila be the new "Iron Man" wouldn't have been as insulting as what's going on now, but can we please let characters have a supporting cast? Let's have an Invincible Iron Man book with Rhodey, Tony, and heck, add Lila. If she proves a likeable character, two or three years later, spin her off in her own title!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    You and I have different perceptions of Deadpoolreality.

Nicieza even based his Deadpool from Split Second on Duggan's characterization. Which is right up there with Kelly (who's also writing the current version of Deadpool) and Remender (who bridged the gap from Kelly to Duggan's characterizations). This is the best Wade's been written in years.
    I guess you always wanted him to be a superhero . (but if you go back and read the arc where he tried to turn typhoid mary wayyyyy back in deadpool vol.1 you would know why that's not a good idea )
    Nicieza wrote deadpool based on current continuity! that is no surprise!! he's a very professional writer !! and that's that .

I dun get why you think its the best run ever! (I get the kelly deadpool -he is fun) but duggan n (poeshen! for a while) came up with PG deadpool who dun deal with hookers n scumbags anymore like he used to(as one of them) and way too much on the side of the angels for my liking (compared to his usual mindless nuisance -which is how I prefer it) but still I wont be this much pissed at them/him (duggan/poshen) if they didn try to blame his character flaws on his mental deficiency (the whole thing with that butler guy) which was very hard to digest given Cable already cured him during cable and deadpool run (which is my favorite run understandably)

All that being said he''s still the coolest dude in marvel (sellout is the new cool !!) So, yeah compared to other titles deadpool is still awesome .
    oh and I should mention I like the new direction duggan is trying (deadpool 23) but still he'll be number 3 on my lamest deadpool writers (1. Jimmy Palmiotti 2. Brian Poshen)

Oh, how could I forget one of my major pet peeves?

14) No double team membership! Deadpool, Cyclops, Ms Marvel, Old Man Logan, Domino BTFO!

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    -More cosmic stories like Annihilation, War of Kings, Conquest, etc.
    -Captain Britain, Meggan, the Black Knight and some others form a team and it's centered around Britain and Otherworld.
    What I wouldn't give for another Annihilation/Conquest. I'm pretty optimistic about the cosmic scene, Nova and Thanos are of to great starts, GotG is getting a new creative team and Ultimates2 is setting the table nicely so perhaps a great cosmic event is on the horizon.

I'd pick up that Captain Britain book for sure, especially with Dane on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yep yep. I love his art!
    Where's Walker been since Marvel Zombies?! I think he's done one issue of the Illuminati book and that's it?

Hydra Bob
    I miss Bob

5) Blue Marvel solo. Golden age arcs, Dr Brashear arcs, modern BM arcs.
    8) Bird of Prey like ongoing, featuring Spider-Man characters (Puma, Arana, Steel Spider, Alpha, Cardiac, etc) and Madame Web as "Oracle"
    They both sound like great books, I'd pick 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Again, still feels dickish. Because it's a really common attitude, in general. There's a very distinct "Give me mine and screw everyone else" mindset to it, and I think that's a really bad, really harmful mindset to bring. I would much rather see people learn to simply accept that not everything will appeal to them, not everything is meant to appeal to them, and that if something doesn't appeal to them, they should simply let it go. To use your own metaphor: The guy who hates chocolate ice cream shouldn't respond by saying that chocolate ice cream is awful and he hopes it goes away. He should say, "Well, it's not for me, but if you enjoy it, I'm happy for you."

So how's that for a wish? More positivity.
    I quite agree with what you're saying. In fact, I try more and more to post stuff with a positive attitude, and it's partly because of things you have said in CBR forums that really got me thinking about my own behavior. Yes, there are things I don't like or I wish they'd go away, but I try (and I do say TRY) to focus on the positive aspects of things.

Having said that, I would like you to do the same exercise you preach. I have often noticed that when "classic fans" or "old-school fans" post things like "I want - insert dead character - back" or "I want things to go back to - insert a time period" you sometimes post back talking about how nostalgia is bad, saying "no they shouldn't bring back this guy, they should make room for new", making us feel bad for liking said character... To you, nostalgia is a bad thing and you hate it, but for some others what you call nostalgia is just liking a character that is currently dead/in limbo/missing.

I wouldn't want us to start bickering. We're all comic book fans and we should all get along. But this IS a wishlist after all, and you can't expect everybody to say "I won't wish for that, because someone else might be thinking the contrary and they'll feel bad about it". In a way, if everybody thought like this IRL, nothing would ever get done. Sometimes we should put ourselves first, especially when it's in something as harmless as a wishlist of things we know probably will never happen

All-New Member

Maria Hill and MODOK hooking up and adopting that talking Bomb from secret avengers

Honestly, Marvel Rebirth.

Marvel's comic book line overall has become stale and boring. Once Scarlet Witch ends I'll be down to only 3 Marvel books.

I could make a long list of characters I want to see and things I want done but honestly I'm gonna make the only wish that seems semi-possible. For PM&IF, Ms Marvel and Renew Your Vows to continue being great books and to continue getting issues.

I would wish for Kaine back since there's rumors of a new Scarlet Spider series but I don't trust Marvel not to do something weird and dumb with him.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    Honestly, Marvel Rebirth.
    A Marvel Rebirth could be interesting if it was done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Yes, well, you're both wrong, 'cause the BP book is phenomenal! Phenomenal I tell you! You're just too blind to see it! I mean, if you ignore all the changes made to Wakanda, the blantant disregard for the mythos, the use of his OCs as mouthpieces, the complete jobness of T'Challa and the pretentious writting, it's top of the line...

Oh yeah, I really liked Divinity, but I still haven't read the second one. I'm thinking of getting all three in trades somewhere down the line. I'm reading his Ninjak though, which has been great. As for Roberts, why not leave TFs? Especially if he was offered such a high profile job? I'm not really into the TF stuff. Either way, the trick is to stop making the GotG act like their MCU versions, and start telling better stories.
    Writing Transformers professionally has been Roberts' dream job. He puts a lot of heart and creativity into the book without coming off as preachy or pretentious. I've loved his writing since Last Stand of the Wreckers. Which is why I think he'd be great for the Guardians.

I guess you always wanted him to be a superhero . (but if you go back and read the arc where he tried to turn typhoid mary wayyyyy back in deadpool vol.1 you would know why that's not a good idea )
    Nicieza wrote deadpool based on current continuity! that is no surprise!! he's a very professional writer !! and that's that .

I dun get why you think its the best run ever! (I get the kelly deadpool -he is fun) but duggan n (poeshen! for a while) came up with PG deadpool who dun deal with hookers n scumbags anymore like he used to(as one of them) and way too much on the side of the angels for my liking (compared to his usual mindless nuisance -which is how I prefer it) but still I wont be this much pissed at them/him (duggan/poshen) if they didn try to blame his character flaws on his mental deficiency (the whole thing with that butler guy) which was very hard to digest given Cable already cured him during cable and deadpool run (which is my favorite run understandably)

All that being said he''s still the coolest dude in marvel (sellout is the new cool !!) So, yeah compared to other titles deadpool is still awesome .
    oh and I should mention I like the new direction duggan is trying (deadpool 23) but still he'll be number 3 on my lamest deadpool writers (1. Jimmy Palmiotti 2. Brian Poshen)
    I never said I wanted him to be a super hero.. but his struggle with being a hero and the darkness in his life is what makes him a great character. Not the fact that he used to throw a blind old lady in a torture chamber. That's just where he's come from. He's grown. Even he knows it's ridiculous to do stuff like that now. Having a kid changes you. I don't know why you're getting so heated over this. Just take a deep breath. We're all calm here.

And if the Deadpool who cuts his friends throat to get into hell, shoots a gun through his bicep to use it as a silencer, and goes on a murderous rampage through an entire organization is PG... then again... you and I have very different perceptions of things.

Rebirth is Nu52. Wally West and post Crisis Superman are the only characters that are changed. And Deathstroke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Writing Transformers professionally has been Roberts' dream job. He puts a lot of heart and creativity into the book without coming off as preachy or pretentious. I've loved his writing since Last Stand of the Wreckers. Which is why I think he'd be great for the Guardians.
    Huh, that's pretty cool, actually. It's always nice to see someone's dream get realized. At this point, I'd take anyone over Bendis.