Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Rebirth is Nu52. Wally West and post Crisis Superman are the only characters that are changed. And Deathstroke.
    Didn't they reboot Wonder Woman too?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Yes, well, you're both wrong, 'cause the BP book is phenomenal! Phenomenal I tell you! You're just too blind to see it! I mean, if you ignore all the changes made to Wakanda, the blantant disregard for the mythos, the use of his OCs as mouthpieces, the complete jobness of T'Challa and the pretentious writting, it's top of the line...
    HA! Good one!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Huh, that's pretty cool, actually. It's always nice to see someone's dream get realized. At this point, I'd take anyone over Bendis.
    Yeah, me too. Bendis can do noir and street level characters but cosmic is way out of his wheelhouse. Maybe someone from the guardians cartoon can write it, it's the only current Marvel cartoon that's relatively watchable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Yeah, me too. Bendis can do noir and street level characters but cosmic is way out of his wheelhouse. Maybe someone from the guardians cartoon can write it, it's the only current Marvel cartoon that's relatively watchable.
    I don't think that Bendis is a bad writer, but he streches himself too thin, and he tackles projects he just can't write. Lovecraft might be great at cosmic horror, but I doubt he could write a love story, even if his life depended on it. Bendis peaked with Daredevil, and he's been trying to capture the same lightning in the bottle ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I agree with that one, but that only applies to Bendis, right? He has 5 ongoings right now.
    I can't think of anyone else who have more than 3 books. Aaron has 3, Waid has 3, Ewing will soon have 3 too, and several writers have 2.
    In March, there's four or five writers who will each be working on 4, 5 or 6 titles. Bunn will have four writing credits, Soule will have four, Lemire will have 6, Waid will have 4, Bendis will have 5, Aaron will have 4. Sure, it's one month, and it includes tie-in minis. Even so, screw that. We'll wait and see what the April solicits show, if it's more reasonable. But this is a pretty regular trend, where some writers will end up with 4 or 5 titles coming out in a month, and I find that stupid.

1 - Fantastic Four's Return
    2 - A Legion comic book series
    3 - Netflix series for Moon Knight, Ghost Rider and Blade

A few more, based on what others have said:

Songbird promoted to A-list, with her own book and/or membership in main Avengers team. Something tells me she'd resonate with readers in a way that Captain Marvel just hasn't been able to, for whatever reason.
    Returns to greatness/prominence for Tigra, Wonder Man, and Blazing Skull.
    A period book, not necessarily Invaders, that focuses on Marvel characters from bygone eras. Maybe looking at groups like the Liberty Legion or Kid Commandos in post-war America. Or go back to WWI or earlier. Something other than 21st century New York City.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    A period book, not necessarily Invaders, that focuses on Marvel characters from bygone eras. Maybe looking at groups like the Liberty Legion or Kid Commandos in post-war America. Or go back to WWI or earlier. Something other than 21st century New York City.
    That actually sounds really neat. You could have each arc focus on a different time period. And arcs wouldn't necessarily have to be 5-6 issues. You could have a done-in-one of the Liberty Legion, a two-parter set in the Great Depression, a three-parter during WWI. Whatever. You could even have rotating creative teams. Tee Vixen Franklin and Meredith McClaren could do a story about a gay black female hero during the '20s, then David Walker does a story of the American Civil War. Then maybe a manga creator could do an issue set in post-war Japan.

There's a whole lot that could be done with a book like that.

Of course, it wouldn't sell worth ****. Sigh.

my wish list is to have the SCARLET WITCH REDO the MARVEL UNIVERSE.bring back

THE INCREDIBLE HULK=BRUCE BANNER
    THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN=OUT OF HIS COMA
    THOR=TO BE WORTHY AGAIN.
    CYCLOPS=BACK FROM THE DEAD with the orginal adult JEAN GREY aka PHOENIX
    TEENAGE X MEN=sent back to their original time.
    NEW WARRIORS=ONGOING
    YOUNG AVENGERS=ONGOING
    X FORCE=ONGOING
    X FACTOR=ONGOING
    EXCALIBUR=ONGOING
    UNCANNY X MEN=ONGOING
    MOONDRAGON=IN A AVENGERS OR DEFENDERS BOOK
    ALPHA FLIGHT=ONGOING
    FANTASTIC FOUR=ONGOING
    ROGUE=ONGOING
    SPECTRUM=MONICA=BECOME STARWOMAN

BANNED

My marvel comics 2017 wish list

1. Marvel going back to normal

2. Return of THE Fantastic Four series. Just Thing, Reed, Susan,Johnny and heck add Jennifer She Hulk in too

3. No more stupid crap involving terrigen mist threats

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    That actually sounds really neat. You could have each arc focus on a different time period. And arcs wouldn't necessarily have to be 5-6 issues. You could have a done-in-one of the Liberty Legion, a two-parter set in the Great Depression, a three-parter during WWI. Whatever. You could even have rotating creative teams. Tee Vixen Franklin and Meredith McClaren could do a story about a gay black female hero during the '20s, then David Walker does a story of the American Civil War. Then maybe a manga creator could do an issue set in post-war Japan.

There's a whole lot that could be done with a book like that.

Of course, it wouldn't sell worth ****. Sigh.
    As long as you limit the arc length you can get away with it.

Treat it like Dc's Bombshell series-you are just doing stories.

Lets see a story about the formation of the NAACP from reporter Peter Parker's perspective and a guy in a Spider-Man type suit helps.

Or a take on the Tuskegee Experiment done to women and that's how you get She Hulk.

Or take the upcoming movie Hidden Figures-what if that was Storm, Misty & Monica?

Or Squirrel Girl going to Woodstock.

Or the JFK assassination with Punisher as the shooter or Miles's Dad.

You could get a ton of mileage out of it.

Yes it's a What If series BUT if you use it to test new blood or see how writers do-it's worth a shot.

If doing that represents the faster way a David Walker can write Peter Parker or Punisher-so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Didn't they reboot Wonder Woman too?
    I think they did.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    As long as you limit the arc length you can get away with it.

Treat it like Dc's Bombshell series-you are just doing stories.

Lets see a story about the formation of the NAACP from reporter Peter Parker's perspective and a guy in a Spider-Man type suit helps.

Or a take on the Tuskegee Experiment done to women and that's how you get She Hulk.

Or take the upcoming movie Hidden Figures-what if that was Storm, Misty & Monica?

Or Squirrel Girl going to Woodstock.

Or the JFK assassination with Punisher as the shooter or Miles's Dad.

You could get a ton of mileage out of it.

Yes it's a What If series BUT if you use it to test new blood or see how writers do-it's worth a shot.

If doing that represents the faster way a David Walker can write Peter Parker or Punisher-so be it.
    While that would also be fun, I don't think that's what Kaijudo was suggesting, and it wasn't what I was thinking. I was thinking it would be in-continuity stories set in different times in the past. So instead of Peter Parker in the Swinging '20s, it would be a story about a hero from the '20s.

Captain Britain solo or MI13 book
    Return of firestar to the x-men
    Proper cosmic adventures for the GOTG
    Night Thrasher to join a group book

Night Thrasher should get together with the New Warriors. Most of the rest of the team would be the lineup from their most recent volume, minus Nova (because he's on the Champions) and Scarlet Spider (due to the events of Clone Conspiracy).
    I would agree if you replaced "Sun Girl" with "Lila Rhodes". She's the one pre-existing character who could have replaced Tony Stark.
    Lila should be the all-new all-different War Machine. She could be a friendly rival to Riri and use the Friday AI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Songbird promoted to A-list, with her own book and/or membership in main Avengers team. Something tells me she'd resonate with readers in a way that Captain Marvel just hasn't been able to, for whatever reason.
    Well, she's currently on Thunderbolts again and was previously on New Avengers. She'll probably get another chance with the Avengers later. Maybe Uncanny? She could even go back to Sunspot's team - I think what happened was that the T-Bolts writer wanted her from the start for a full reunion of the original team. He had to wait for New Avengers to finish. She definitely doesn't deserve to fall into limbo if the T-Bolts get cancelled.
    8) Bird of Prey like ongoing, featuring Spider-Man characters (Puma, Arana, Steel Spider, Alpha, Cardiac, etc) and Madame Web as "Oracle"
    Honestly, that sounds more like Detective Comics. And Arana changed her name to Spider-Girl seven years ago, in 2010's Young Allies series. Are you suggesting Anya should switch back?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-01-2017 at 06:19 AM.