Default Moonshine(Likely Spoilers)

Now that it's a few issues in, it seems like readers might be interested in discussing it.

So far, I think it's been an interesting take on the main story with a very interesting take on the less present "B" story line.

Also seems like it will be interesting to see just how much of the "B" story line is widely known be the other folks in the area that the Holt family lives in.

Ultimate Member

There seems to be an implied subtext concerning race and class. I'm interested in seeing how much this will be explored.

Since the second arc has started...

- It's rather interesting that they have picked up where they decided to. Can't say I saw it coming.
    - The pair who believe they are doing the Lord's work? They seem to be worth keeping an eye on.

Ultimate Member

Looks like they'll be adding "religion" to the mix.

It will be interesting to see how that component figures into the current "Mix". At the very least, the two of them seem to be convinced that they are on a largely religious mission.

Latest issue came out today. I've got to say, the players and how they fit together is getting particularly interesting.

Ultimate Member

Finished Moonshine today. While I don't think the there was anything particularly bad about this arc, I found it a little underwhelming. I am still looking forward to the next arc though.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Finished Moonshine today. While I don't think the there was anything particularly bad about this arc, I found it a little underwhelming. I am still looking forward to the next arc though.
    It was very "Reserved". While there were a couple of potentially interesting developments, it still felt like putting the people who will be the main players into position for what will be the body of the story.

It actually felt kind of like Loveless, in that regard.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It was very "Reserved". While there were a couple of potentially interesting developments, it still felt like putting the people who will be the main players into position for what will be the body of the story.

It actually felt kind of like Loveless, in that regard.
    I have not read Loveless. All I know about it is that it's a western that Brian A wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I have not read Loveless. All I know about it is that it's a western that Brian A wrote?
    Yep.

The pacing reminds me of that series. While it felt like it should have just taken six issues, they gave the story quite a bit more time to develop.

Just to point this out for anyone who might be keeping an eye out for this series, latest arc started last week.

While I'm not certain, I did get an Angel Heart sort of a feel out of the first(#13 overall) issue.

Quick "Annotation..." on the latest issue -

There is a variation on one of the lines that Victor tells Loop during the alley fight between Lono/Jack Daw in the aftermath of Lono activating Jack in 100 Bullets.

In addition to that, the overall story did take something of an interesting turn in this issue. While there was something that felt like it could just be explained away before, it feels like it was cemented during this issue.

It will be interesting to see exactly where that part of the story goes from here.

While I'm not going to work to hard to sell anyone on the book that isn't already a reader, the stories that are running in parallel is one of this books real strengths.

Just a quick note since the title is back and "Stay At Home..." might have put the title out of some potential reader's minds -

- Lou's half of the story is certainly interesting. His drinking making him a particularly unreliable narrator make the perspective of the investigators all the more interesting.

- Tempest's half of the story is a bit of a ticking time bomb. Not sure if it will get further than a single arc.

Edit:

Ok. Caught the solicit for issue #22(this arc's wrap up...) in the solicits thread for October...

Wow. Lou's end of things could get pretty interesting. Seems like any possible version of how the dust settles could potentially out him.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-31-2020 at 01:03 AM.