Thread: Xcom Artwork

Default Xcom Artwork (and comic)

Hello lurkers,

I've come here to showcase some art based on the Xcom series given i've been a fan of the series and it's concept since I first bought the orignal back in 94 for 50p.

Saying that most of my artwork is of the 2012 rebooted franchise onwards, though I have made one to the original, which I'll get round to showing.

Anyway the full res can be viewed on my deviantart.

http://thebritwriter.deviantart.com/...Over-Epilouges

xcom__the_price_of_failure_by_thebritwriter-d9ahzpo_zpslxdgbmx5.jpg

xcom__breaking_the_mind_by_thebritwriter-d9cymlh_zpsvmriywip.jpg

Xcom_showtrial_zpsmh4b0qiv.jpg

(The one above was done back in september 2015 or just after the first xcom 2 trailer, in fact the above two were given there was no idea what happened to vahlen so I did my own take)

This also includes a xcom cmic I've been working on (titled xcom legacy) which is the post below.
    Last edited by thebritwriter; 12-30-2016 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Better presentation

Default Xcom Legacy comic (ongoing)

I'll be uploading pages i've done previously, and other content.

This was an idea I had in September 2015, I always wanted to do a comic and a fan story upto the starting game of xcom 2 itself.

I have got one chapter done and the second is on a pause as i attend to some personal matter but by the time i completed my uploads here then i should be back on this.

Well I'll get started.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thebritwriter; 12-29-2016 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Wanted to improve the presentation.

(The top frame of the last image was based from one of North Korea staged photoshoots of Kim Jong Un, to be honest a good amount of research in propganda is speant researching North Korea via documentaries from youtube etc (as well as looking at presentation of western media. Such as the children memorial on the Advent symbol.)

Default Final pages of chapter 1

That's my uploading done now for a few days, sometime after new year i'll include the second chapter (or what's been done so far) and everything's upto speed. (Apologies if this seems like multiple spamming)

It's not a fast process is this, this chapter has taken me five months to complete, though I am contemplating hiring a second artist to do a chapter on my behalf. I'll see how things turn out.

All-New Member

That's pretty cool !!
    I use to play X-COM Enemy Unknown in MS-DOS a hundred years ago.
    I'd like to read a comic about the Insectoids, the Floaters, the Reapers and, of course, the Mutans (they're werre though)