Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Happy 25th anniversary 616 Gaveedra-Seven aka the ORIGINAL Shatterstar!!! - 1991-2016

Shatterstar is the child of the Earth mutant Allison Blaire, alias Dazzler, and the artificially engineered biped Longshot, from the dimension known as the Mojoverse.
    He was born sometime after the fall of Mojo, and was delivered by a time-traveling Rictor and his future self, the present day Shatterstar body Ben Russell, soul Gaveedra-Seven.
    As part of a temporal loop, Shatterstar used Arize's machinery to ensure his parents did not remember his birth, and then transported his infant self where he needed to be. X-Men (2nd series) #11, X-Factor (1st series) #259
    Young Shatterstar was next seen as an adult, 100 years in the future, rebelling against the rule of the tyrannical Mojo V.
    At this point in his life, Shatterstar apparently believed himself to be one of the artificially engineered bipeds of the Wildways, the slave race of Longshot who turned against Mojo and the Spineless Ones. Shatterstar lived on the run in the shadows for two years before joining the Cadre Alliance.
    The Alliance's efforts in Shatterstar's time were no more effective than those of Longshot a century prior against the original Mojo.
    Desperate for aid, Alliance scientists and mystics constructed an elsewhen transporter to send a representative through time and space in order to recruit the legendary X-Men from Earth, to join them in their fight.
    Shatterstar volunteered to be the representative and crash-materialized 100 years in the past in the X-Mansion's underground Danger Room. New Mutants (1st series) #99
    Shatterstar appears for the first time, in a silent, one-panel cameo at the end of the issue (a la Cable's cameo appearance in New Mutants #86). He'll receive a proper introduction next issue, though it's worth noting that here, he has two long blades extending out of his hand, not unlike Wolverine's claws, while next issue (and thereafter) he wields an actual sword he holds in his hand.

The X-Men were off-world at the time, but Cable and his band of New Mutants were in residence to greet Shatterstar. Suddenly thrust into battle with the Danger Room's attack drones, Shatterstar was in no mood to quietly explain his position to the New Mutants when they entered and had to be beaten unconscious by Cable in order to calm him down. While he was recovering, however, dog-soldiers from Mojo's Imperial Protectorate locked onto Shatterstar's transport signal and followed him to the present time and local space. Shortly after Shatterstar revived and related his story to Cable's team, they were attacked by the legion of dog-soldiers. During the battle, Shatterstar demonstrated his commitment to winning at all costs when a dog-soldier grabbed him from behind and Shatterstar stabbed himself through his own abdomen in order to penetrate the construct warrior behind him.
    The Protectorate soldiers were defeated, but Shatterstar's elsewhen technology was damaged in the mêlée, leaving him trapped as an exile on Earth. He and Cable reached an agreement: Shatterstar would join the newly-minted X-Force strike team for the present, lending his swords and skill to the fight for Xavier's dream, in exchange for Cable's promise to one day return with him to Mojoworld and overthrow the reign of Mojo V. New Mutants (1st series) #100
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 05-09-2016 at 08:51 AM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Mmmmmm... Such a tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

This other pic (the big panel) is a plagiarism of Karma killing a troll, in TNM Special Edition, but I can't find a scan.

For Mojo's sake, how can anybody study Adams' art so closely and learn so little?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I hope this character's history never ever gets retconned/stramlined/redone. Please keep it utterly insane forever. We need more wacky origins not boring generic ones meant to convince moviegoers that they too can totally understand a comic from issue 1. No they cant!!! ANd shouldnt be able to !!! Thats the whole POINT of comics, its what DRAWS people in - the complexity and mystery
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Well stated . It's all so 'adult-targeted' rational now... It makes me think of that old Supertramp song.

BANNED

Default Way to go Ricochet Rita!!!

I was aware that the cover was a homage but I did not realize that that very last panel on the very last page was a plagiarism.
    Kind of appropriate to me since 616 Gaveedra-7 in his original body has been revealed to be the biological son of 616 Longshot and 616 Alison Blaire

I was aware that the cover was a homage but I did not realize that that very last panel on the very last page was a plagiarism.
    Kind of appropriate to me since 616 Gaveedra-7 in his original body has been revealed to be the biological son of 616 Longshot and 616 Alison Blaire[/CENTER]
    Yeah, I take it for an open tribute --I like it, even being by Liefeld.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Mark Bagley!!!

New Warriors Annual #1

"Errant Knights - Kings of Pain Part 2" 1991

In a Nutshell
    The New Warriors fight X-Force, then team-up with them.

Writer: Fabian Nicieza
    Artist: Mark Bagley http://www.aminoapps.com/page/comics...ts-mark-bagley
    Inker: Jeff Albrecht
    Letterer: C. Eliopoulos
    Colorist: Tom Vincent
    Editor: Danny Fingeroth
    Editor-in-Chief: Tom DeFalco

Gaveedra-7 Shatterstar's eye can be seen flashing when he's using his power, another hint at a Longshot connection.

Fabian Nicieza does make some effort to sell the idea of X-Force being a more extreme superhero team, with at least a few New Warriors commenting on their relative intensity.

BANNED

Happy Birthday Rob Liefeld!!!

Thanks for co-creating 616 Gaveedra-Seven aka The ORIGINAL Shatterstar!
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_rob_liefeld/

I love Peter David - but I think he made Shatterstar's origin WAY too messy at the end of X-Factor...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I love Peter David - but I think he made Shatterstar's origin WAY too messy at the end of X-Factor...
    Yeah. I get that he was trying to keep his initially convoluted origin going, but...I just kind of hated it. End of X Factor was pretty unsatisfying in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    Yeah. I get that he was trying to keep his initially convoluted origin going, but...I just kind of hated it. End of X Factor was pretty unsatisfying in general.
    Agreed on all accounts. Which was a shame, because I loved everything - right up to the end. I don't know if he was rushed to end the series, because that's how it certainly felt. Everything was paced out wonderfully - right up to the last five or so issues - then it was "Let's wrap up everyone's story - NOW."

Some of my favorite Shatterstar moments, for obvious reasons...

BANNED

To me, Adam-X The X-Treme and Gaveedra-Seven Shatterstar made a good team. Whatever happened to Adam-X anyway?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

As far as i know he was last seen hanging around in San Francisco during the Utopia era.
    X-Men Forever

Wait did he ever tell Dazzler?