Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Darick Robertson!!!

"Station Identification"
    May 1992

In a Nutshell
    Wolverine meets the ORIGINAL Shatterstar Gaveedra-Seven

Guest Writer: Fabian Nicieza
    Guest Penciler: Darick Robertson http://comicvine.gamespot.com/darick...son/4040-2108/
    Guest Inker: Don Hudson
    Letterers: Brousseau & Heisler
    Colorist: Kelly Corverse
    Editor: Bob Harras
    Editor-in-Chief: Tom DeFalco

Plot
    A group of teenagers calling themselves the Vid Kids chase down a Morlock, beating him to death while filming the whole thing, after which they send the tape to a news station. Seeing the story on the news, Shatterstar decides to investigate. Meanwhile, Rogue & Wolverine are training in the Danger Room, after which they too see the news report, and Wolverine leaves to track down the Vidkids as well. Soon, he and Shatterstar cross paths and attack each other,

BANNED

...until Shatterstar recognizes Wolverine and kneels to him in deference.

Together, they track down the Vidkids, who are in the midst of stalking another homeless mutant, and defeat them, but Shatterstar is shocked to learn they fight for no other reason than the fun of it. However, Wolverine doesn't let Shatterstar kill them; instead, he smashes their video camera, saying the best way to punish kids is to take away their toys. Later, they watch as the police arrest the Vidkids, with Wolverine noting they're still getting the attention they wanted,

and Shatterstar left unsure about his place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    [CENTER]
    That is a fantastic cover.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Wait did he ever tell Dazzler?
    That he was his son? Nope.

Longshot, however, knows it, despite he shouldn't remember. Probably he found out accidentally, thanks to his psychometry, some time he touched Shatterstar or any of his personal possessions.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 11-11-2016 at 05:10 AM.

BANNED

Talking X-Force # 61 (original series) 20th anniversary!!! 1996-2016

X-FORCE #61 – December 1996

Ask Me No More Questions and I’ll Tell You No More Lies
    Credits: Jeph Loeb (writer), Kevin Lau (penciler), Andrew Pepoy (inker), Richard Starkings & Comicraft (lettering), Marie Javins (colors)

Summary: Cable and Gaveedra-7 aka the ORIGINAL Shatterstar fight Mojo’s troops as the world watches on television.
    Mojo sends the ambient energy the viewers generate to Mojoworld. During the broadcast, Mojo kills Gaveedra-7, as X-Force watches in horror.

Spiral appears, and says she can save Gaveedra-7 with Longshot and Siryn’s help. They leave, as the rest of X-Force faces Mojo’s arriving army.
    Spiral blocks Mojo’s signal and teleports Cable and Gaveedra’s body out of Mojo’s broadcast.

In “another time”, Longshot, Siryn, Cable, and Gaveedra-7 arrive with Spiral at the Weisman Institute.
    Siryn leads them to the room of Benjamin Russell, who is now a comatose adult.
    Cable hands Gaveedra’s body to Longshot, who then transfers Gaveedra his SON’s soul into Benjamin his FATHER’s body.

Gaveedra-7 awakens inside Benjamin’s body, whose body now has Gaveedra's facial markings.
    To this day Gaveedra-7 lives on in his paternal GRANDFATHER'S body.
    Mojo suddenly arrives, and Spiral quickly teleports everyone back to Mojoworld. On Longshot’s order, Caliban breaks the television set inside Mojo’s palace.
    Breaking the connection between Earth and Mojoworld causes Mojo to get lost in the transmission signal.
    The ALL-NEW Shatterstar BODY Ben Russell SOUL Gaveedra-7 declares that he is whole, as the Gamesmaster looks on and laughs.

Continuity Notes: In the previous issue, Cable and Gaveedra-7 were inside a cartoon show. Now, their bodies are inexplicitly back to normal and they’re fighting in Gaveedra’s future.
    Cable claims that this isn’t reality, but a recreation.
    According to Spiral, Benjamin Russell was “hurled into a coma” when his mutant powers manifested. How exactly he ended up in the Weisman Institute for the Criminally Insane isn’t explained.
    Spiral also says that both the original Shatterstar Gaveedra-7 and Benjamin Russell “mean more than all the world to me”.

As far as I know, their connection has never been revealed. What HAS been revealed however in the pages of the X-Factor series by the writer Peter David, is that the mutant powers of the ALL-NEW Shatterstar BODY Ben Russell SOUL Gaveedra-7, which hurled Benjamin Russell into a coma, are to create X-Shaped portals that can transport him through space and time.

This is very similar to Rita Wayword aka Spiral's superhuman powers just like Gaveedra-7's mutant powers were very similar to his mom Alison Blaire aka Dazzler's mutant powers.

Spiral is helping X-Force defeat Mojo in this issue because she doesn’t want him to grow more powerful. Why she aided Mojo in the previous issue is unexplained.
    Siryn is brought along to find Benjamin because of her time undercover at the Weisman Institute.
    However, she only saw a flash of Benjamin’s face on a computer screen, she never actually met him.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 01-08-2017 at 08:10 AM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Spiral also says that both the original Shatterstar Gaveedra-7 and Benjamin Russell “mean more than all the world to me”.

As far as I know, their connection has never been revealed.
    Of all this darn confusing story, this is the panel that shocked me more. It just has no sense.

BANNED

Cool Dazzler, Old Man Logan, and SHATTERSTAR? Wave 2 Of Hasbro’s X-Men Marvel Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm in love with how utterly ridiculous and disproportionate his entire design is.

The ear muff cheek guard.
    That serving tray of a shoulder pad.
    The gravity defying thigh belt(??)
    Pirate sleeves and 1/4 of a cape.
    Those dual Jedi braids.
    Everything is incredible.

Those QUADS!!!
    Yes!, and now in 2017 Gaveedra-7 the ORIGINAL Shatterstar gets his own figure!

Even more incredible is that simultaneously his MOM gets her own figure as well!

Alison Blaire aka the Dazzling Dazzler!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...arvel-legends/

I need Rictor to get a ML figure so they can make similarly convoluted, plastic gaybies.

BANNED

Default Dazzler, Longshot and Gaveedra-Seven!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by goto24
    Dazzler and Longshot never got to name their son let alone raise him

BANNED

X-Force #6 Jan 1992
    Under the Gun

The Brotherhood tries to hook up with the Morlocks but come after X-Force on their own when Masque refuses the alliance.

Script by Rob Liefeld (Plot) and Fabian Nicieza, pencils by Rob Liefeld, inks by Rob Liefeld and Marat Mycahels

BANNED

X-Force #7 Feb 1992
    Under the Knife
    In the air, Gaveedra-Seven and Sauron tussle.

Seeing Sauron still airborne, Shatterstar runs for the armory for some long range weapons. Attempting to seal Siryn's mouth,

Toad actually ends up getting shot in the back by a freshly returned Shatterstar.

Siryn is grateful for the help and they head inside their base to figure out what is going on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I really like Shatterstar before especially when he had the awesome x-force costume.
    Yeah, it's cool.

BANNED

Shatterstar body Ben Russell soul Gaveedra-Seven meditating

Art by Marat Mychaels

I really wish, Dazzler and Longshot would talk to Shattershot.

It's one of those stories I wish Marvel would just tell.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I really wish, Dazzler and Longshot would talk to Shattershot.

It's one of those stories I wish Marvel would just tell.
    Didn't Dazzler (canonically) miscarriage?