Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    The billionaire is a big supporter and donor. Now I’m really conflicted about buying Marvel products. I just really think the Trump administration is a hateful, racist oligarchy.
    Reminds me of when I found out that a few companies that I used to do business with sent contributions to Trump's 2016 campaign. There were some surprises to be sure, but I'm betting those companies were even more surprised when I informed them that they had lost my business.

I am an independent, who in the past has voted for both parties. I don't believe any one party has all the best ideas, the best answers or even the best people.

But Donald J. Trump is a different beast entirely.

But for the fact that everyone in position of authority appears to be stymied by some unwritten rule NOT covered by the Constitution that a sitting President can't be indicted, arrested and tried for a crime, Donald J. Trump -- "Individual 1" and unindicted co-conspirator to the same crime that sent his attorney/fixer to jail -- would be a felon and disqualified from voting, let alone holding the highest office in the land. Anyone who supports the Impeached president and criminal conspirator deserves all of the side-eyes and pillorying that comes their way.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

and they aren't wearing maks either, very on-brand for the Trump administration
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Hillary was right when she made the 'deplorable' comment.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I'm really curious to see how people will react when/if he wins a second term. Especially here. I think its the very aggressive stance that people take against him but moreso his followers and eventually anyone that isn't a hardline never-trumper that push people TOWARDS the guy. They've inadvertently set up a forbidden fruit scenario. Makes no real difference to me but... still... there's no political discourse just pointing and yelling "Shun" and that's kinda what they did the last time iirc. Deplorables or no.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Extraordinary Member

I'm confused, are you boycotting Marvel or not?

people should be less concerned about the reaction and sentiment of the election instead focus on the policies and results from the administration. It's not about picking favorites it's about who can govern and do the job effectively. The information is available there is a large sample size and people can look up the information they need objectively.
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    people should be less concerned about the reaction and sentiment of the election instead focus on the policies and results from the administration. It's not about picking favorites it's about who can govern and do the job effectively. The information is available there is a large sample size and people can look up the information they need objectively.
    Simple as this.

People simply need to apply objective reasoning and come to their own conclusions.

Ultimate Member

In the same vein as my previous comment, it was the same objective reasoning that basically led to Disney reducing Perlmutter’s influence in the group and giving more power to Feige.

Perlmutter is one of those “anti-diversity” types that blocked minority led Marvel movies being made. Which was totally idiotic considering how successful Black Panther and Captain Marvel were. Ignoring large parts of what’s an increasingly diverse and global audience was just flat out daft.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The only reason why I don't feel bad about supporting Marvel is because, as it's been pointed out in this thread already, Disney has been doing their best to diminish Ike's role in the company over the years. The last promotion of Kevin Feige really showed that they're slowly replacing Ike. At this point he's just not completely out because of his shares, but it's good to know Disney realized how toxic the guy is, and I don't say that just because of his political opinions, but some of his decisions regarding Marvel itself (the boycott of X-Men and FF, ruining the Inhumans franchise, holding back diversity, etc). All we can do now is hope whoever succeeds him as CEO/chairman in the future is a better person.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    God forbid anyone having different political views...

The only thing controversial here is the racist remark about black people, and that's given no reliable source.
    If you are on the side of Trump it has nothing to do with “politics” at this point. If you side with Trump, you are directly voting against the civil rights of LGBT people. If you side with Trump you are voting against the civil rights of people of color. If you side with Trump you are voting against the human rights of immigrants. If you side with Trump you are voting against women’s reproductive rights. If you side with Trump, you support someone who wants to dismantle our postal service in order to suppress voting. If you support Trump, you support someone who kisses up to our enemies while turning our allies away. If you side with Trump you support a racist, anti-LGBTQ , authoritarian who does not believe in democracy.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

.... four pages? for a guy being photographed? lol. (i'm not getting into his politics)

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    If you are on the side of Trump it has nothing to do with “politics” at this point. If you side with Trump, you are directly voting against the civil rights of LGBT people. If you side with Trump you are voting against the civil rights of people of color. If you side with Trump you are voting against the human rights of immigrants. If you side with Trump you are voting against women’s reproductive rights. If you side with Trump, you support someone who wants to dismantle our postal service in order to suppress voting. If you support Trump, you support someone who kisses up to our enemies while turning our allies away. If you side with Trump you support a racist, anti-LGBTQ , authoritarian who does not believe in democracy.
    Wee Lad... So a vote for trump is a vote for "Evil" basically in your opinion. Gotcha. It seems like that's a terrifying view to hold because as I alluded to above... its a real possibility that he pulls it off despite all the factors people going against him and then you're kinda stonewalled into this canyon where everyone around you or some HUUUUGE percentage or people around you at least just voted Lex Luthor or Norman Osborne into the white house.

people should be less concerned about the reaction and sentiment of the election instead focus on the policies and results from the administration. It's not about picking favorites it's about who can govern and do the job effectively. The information is available there is a large sample size and people can look up the information they need objectively
    Well thats not how people are, ANNDDD this is world stage so many people will be directely affected an many are going to be look-e-loos from wherever they're living . It IS about who can govern effectively though, but its hard to reconcile that kind of thought when there are huge number of people who feel like the above poster that it isn't about "governance" at all, its about voting against... well... Tyranny or Evil... depending. Idk.

Hypestyle
    .... four pages? for a guy being photographed? lol. (i'm not getting into his politics)
    I actyally feel like this got necro'd like that happened looong ago somehow. Oh well. There's more to comics that what the ceo's are upto anyway.

Laterz.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    And republicans called Obama un-American.

BANNED

I really, really hate when people get all political when discussing comic books

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I really, really hate when people get all political when discussing comic books
    I think there is a tendency for some to ignore the fact that comics have historically encouraged political discourse. But fantasy tends to create blind-spots, willful and otherwise.
    Attached Images Attached Images