View Poll Results: Who is the better person?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mystique

17 37.78%
  • Dr. Octopus

28 62.22%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    not true. it was confirmed a month or so back that her mutant power has negatively affected her mental stability.
    I call bull on that. Mystique is all about deception and making you think what she wants you to think. It probably would be no hard trick for her to convince even a psychic probing her brain to think this.
    Last edited by Myetche; 01-01-2017 at 03:28 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I call bull on that. Mystique is all about deception and making you think what she wants you to think. It probably would be no hard trick for her to convince even a psychic probing her brain to think this.
    That is a pretty good point, and the idea was put forth by Mystique herself in a prior issue of Bunn's Uncanny, so it could be explained as her laying the groundwork for her latest attempt at self-justification. If she's legally/literally insane because her brain shifts along with her body, then she's pretty much blameless for the heinous crap she does, because she "really" can't tell right from wrong anymore, if she ever could.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Ock is pettier. Raven, at some points of her very long life, was actually working to protect mutants. she killed her own son in a misguided attempt to protect mutankind. Otto could be a successful law abiding citizen if he wanted to be. the best Raven could do is live a lie. both are sociopaths, though.
    you mean crayton creed the head of an antimutant neo-nazi organisation and influence gaining politican.
    In my Eyes Mystique isn't a sociopath but suffers from borderliner personality disorder

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Well,i am not much expert in Mystique's story and i read stories of her during her leadership of the third Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and her days as a government agent.So i don't have the whole picture.But as a Spidey fan and a fan of Doc Ock,i can say that Otto is pettier and he was responsible for plans that would kill millions(in case of Ends of Earth,billions)just to leave a mark in history.Maybe as a person,Mystique is worse,but Ock's plan are far more evil and dangerous.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Mighty Member

Mystique is worse. Come on. Does this look like the face of a decent person?...

BANNED

Mystique's Family Tree

BANNED

Mystique is an oppressed mutant lesbian living in a period and several societies where those identities are persecuted. She wavers between being amoral and being altruistic on behalf of her communities.

So I see her and relate to her having a higher cause.

Whereas Doctor Octopus is selfish and corrupt by nature. One writer, Paul Jenkins, compared him to Ted Bundy. He's egocentric. His only action of good came from identity theft and fraud and even then Spider-Man had to download his consciousness on his mind to give a man entirely without conscience some moral center. It didn't come out of free will and choice.

Whereas Mystique's acts of mercy and altruism came from her own choosing as did her acts of evil.

Mystique is an oppressed mutant lesbian living in a period and several societies where those identities are persecuted. She wavers between being amoral and being altruistic on behalf of her communities.
    I'd say she's more on the scale of amoral to sadistic villainous.

She rarely, if ever, acts on the behalf of her community. She acts to save herself, and she's just as willing to screw over other mutants as she is humans. As long as she comes out ahead.

She also tends to have a habit of using her shape-shifting powers to ruin other people's lives just for fun.

Dr. Octopus may go for the bigger evil schemes, but other than Spider-man he's usually not nearly as sadistic. He'll kill people sure, but he won't ruin them just because he has nothing better to do that day and he thinks it would be fun.

Doc Oct origins show he had brain damage from an explosion causing him to be somewhat insane and become a criminal.
    He needs treatment of belongs in an asylum.

You could say that during Superior Spider-man. Mind swapping with Peter and creating a new body, sorta cured him of that Brain injury. Why he went on to do heroics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'd say she's more on the scale of amoral to sadistic villainous.

She rarely, if ever, acts on the behalf of her community. She acts to save herself, and she's just as willing to screw over other mutants as she is humans. As long as she comes out ahead.

She also tends to have a habit of using her shape-shifting powers to ruin other people's lives just for fun.
    For example, she was a key part in Sinister's scheme to kill off every X-man at once, from Cable to the students, by infiltrating them by manipulating Rogue during Carey's X-men run, with the Marauders. Whatever grey parts exhibited in the arc where left aside when she revealed her real motives and she loved every moment of it. All so they wouldn't competition to get Hope Summers.

Anti-mutant prejudice is rampant on this board. Anyways it should be obvious that none of Raven’s past behavior was random or capricious. Destiny told her what had to be done to protect mutantkind. She had devoted her life to that mission.

Anti-mutant prejudice is rampant on this board. Anyways it should be obvious that none of Raven’s past behavior was random or capricious. Destiny told her what had to be done to protect mutantkind. She had devoted her life to that mission.

Tell that to Carol Danvers' boyfriend, Nightcrawler or Graydon Creed.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-30-2020 at 10:17 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Doc Ock does must of nonsense due to his inferiority complex caused by his dad's abuse, mum's pampering and being shunned by his peers plus the additional damage done by the mechanical arms accident. So he's mostly like Doctor Doom where he does a bunch of irredeemable crap but has a few sane moments.

Mystique is supposed to be some mutant freedom fighter but a lot of her victims are mutants? Get outta here.

I would say they're both bad but Doc Ock has more stories that make me feel sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Tell that to Carol Danvers' boyfriend or Graydon Creed.
    bruh
    "Cable was right!"

It's a little hard for me to vote as I don't know much about Mystique. Never been a big X-Men fan, but one thing I know for sure is that Doc Ock is a grade A piece of ****.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    It's a little hard for me to vote as I don't know much about Mystique. Never been a big X-Men fan, but one thing I know for sure is that Doc Ock is a grade A piece of ****.
    Let your heart guide you in all things, for it shines the light on the deeper truth far before the mind processes it.

i.e. Doc Ock is indeed a grade A piece of ****.