View Poll Results: Who is the better person?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mystique

17 37.78%
  • Dr. Octopus

28 62.22%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Lightbulb

A tough one. Pre-Superior (and follow-up) I'd say they were pretty evenly matched in the despicability department, now I have to go with Otto being the "better person" (if not by much).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Mystique has literally killed people and framed innocent people to life imprisonment on a whim. Not for revenge....not to accomplish a grand plan......not to defeat an enemy. But just on a whim because she felt like it.

That’s evil.

She’s also killed people while taking their loved ones form. So the victim dies thinking it was their loved one that killed them.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Anti-mutant prejudice is rampant on this board. Anyways it should be obvious that none of Raven’s past behavior was random or capricious. Destiny told her what had to be done to protect mutantkind. She had devoted her life to that mission.
    Oh come on. She has not more devoted her life to "the mission" than has and other sociopath. She is out for one thing and that is herself. She switches sides as she needs to to further her own agenda. They only started trying to redeem her as a noble character since the movies. Before that she was straight up just evil. Every time and x-writer brings her in and tries to redeem her it just makes the whole franchise look dumber.

Anti-mutant prejudice is rampant on this board.
    Lately I've noticed the X-books have taken a stance that nothing any mutant has ever done has been bad and a lot of fans seem to have adopted that mentality. It's not prejudice to say a psycho is a psycho or to say that a woman who threw her newborn baby off a cliff to have her own skin is not exactly a good person.

Anyways it should be obvious that none of Raven’s past behavior was random or capricious. Destiny told her what had to be done to protect mutantkind. She had devoted her life to that mission.
    Some one could tell me Mystique was a bucktooth green midget with three buttcheeks and it would still be a better description of Mystique better than you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Oh come on. She has not more devoted her life to "the mission" than has and other sociopath. She is out for one thing and that is herself. She switches sides as she needs to to further her own agenda. They only started trying to redeem her as a noble character since the movies.
    You don’t sound as if you’ve actually read any of Mystique’s earlier stories. I will let you know right off the bat that she was a deeper character before the movies. She had a loving relationship with Destiny and a loyalty to her teammates. She could literally be anyone she wants and live any number of carefree existences. She chose to be a freedom fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Lately I've noticed the X-books have taken a stance that nothing any mutant has ever done has been bad and a lot of fans seem to have adopted that mentality. It's not prejudice to say a psycho is a psycho or to say that a woman who threw her newborn baby off a cliff to have her own skin is not exactly a good person.
    Your avatar is of a degenerate coward. You have no room to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Mystique has literally killed people and framed innocent people to life imprisonment on a whim. Not for revenge....not to accomplish a grand plan......not to defeat an enemy. But just on a whim because she felt like it.

That’s evil.

She’s also killed people while taking their loved ones form. So the victim dies thinking it was their loved one that killed them.
    And Ock stole an innocent man’s life, beat up Felicia Hardy, and joined Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A tough one. Pre-Superior (and follow-up) I'd say they were pretty evenly matched in the despicability department, now I have to go with Otto being the "better person" (if not by much).
    And all it took was some of Peter’s DNA and Marconi threatening him. A lot of the people that Mystique killed were active threats. Graydon Creed, a Bastion surrogate, was nearly the president of the marvel US. Ock has never had to deal with that kind of pressure. His activities have all been in the service of himself. Shutting down Dermafree makes her better than Otto by itself. She has freed numerous mutants from oppression.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-30-2020 at 05:15 PM.

You don’t sound as if you’ve actually read any of Mystique’s earlier stories. I will let you know right off the bat that she was a deeper character before the movies. She had a loving relationship with Destiny and a loyalty to her teammates. She could literally be anyone she wants and live any number of carefree existences. She chose to be a freedom fighter.
    No.

And No.

She had a love relation with Destiny, but her teamamates were basically canon fodder for her.

And she has never been a freedom fighter.

Your avatar is of a degenerate coward. You have no room to judge.
    You can't be serious. Please tell me that was some sort of joke that fell flat.

Extraordinary Member

And Ock stole an innocent man’s life, beat up Felicia Hardy, and joined Hydra.
    While Mystique will go to your parents house. Change into your mom. Kill your dad. Call you up and tell you she never loved you. And blames you for her killing her husband.

Mystique will then wait for your mom to get home. Change into you. Punch your mom. Leave a gun on your moms unconscious body.

You drive to your parents house and run inside. Your mom wakes up frightened and shoots you just as the police enter and arrest your mom for you and your father’s murder. While Mystique, imitating your mother’s voice, called 911 earlier informing them she was about to kill everybody.

This is Tuesday for Mystique.

While Mystique will go to your parents house. Change into your mom. Kill your dad. Call you up and tell you she never loved you. And blames you for her killing her husband.

Mystique will then wait for your mom to get home. Change into you. Punch your mom. Leave a gun on your moms unconscious body.

You drive to your parents house and run inside. Your mom wakes up frightened and shoots you just as the police enter and arrest your mom for you and your father’s murder. While Mystique, imitating your mother’s voice, called 911 earlier informing them she was about to kill everybody.

This is Tuesday for Mystique.
    In what reality did that happen? Are we just able to make stuff up now? Otto would break into a daycare and kill everyone present just to get to Spider-man.

BANNED

Otto would break into a daycare and kill everyone present just to get to Spider-man.
    He actually did something like that in The Owl/Octopus War.

Extraordinary Member

In what reality did that happen? Are we just able to make stuff up now? Otto would break into a daycare and kill everyone present just to get to Spider-man.
    This happened in an X-men comic. Read some of the stories of Mystique when she’s not interacting with the X-men.

No.

And No.

She had a love relation with Destiny, but her teamamates were basically canon fodder for her.

And she has never been a freedom fighter.
    She was literally a freedom fighter. Read her solo series. And while you’re at it, reread fall of the mutants.

You can't be serious. Please tell me that was some sort of joke that fell flat.
    Your avatar is a joke that fell flat.

This happened in an X-men comic. Read some of the stories of Mystique when she’s not interacting with the X-men.
    I will pass. Mutants are treated shabbily outside of the xbooks. I have examples if you need them.