Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Hmm, for my controversial WW opinion is that I feel that Cheetah is only brought up as Wonder Woman's arch enemy because of her usage in Super Friends. It's like that show saved Giganta and Cheetah from becoming as obscure as many of Wonder Woman's rogues.
    Fair comment. An established enemy? Yes. The iconic archenemy? Not till Superfriends.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Shazam, Wonderwoman and Aquaman should all have more connections and interactions then they do. Their worlds overlap a lot.
    Sorry. Did you mean to reply to me? I don't know how this connects to what I said.

Im cool if Donna or Cassie or Artemis gets a tv show instead of Diana.

BANNED

Donna Troy is a mess and we all know that.

Trying to tie Cassie Lang to the Greek Gods.

I think he meant Cassie Sandsmark The one who is in most continuities a demi-goddess.

Themyscira should go back to being a democracy.

Scott Lobdell's depiction of Akila was terrible.

Hmm, for my controversial WW opinion is that I feel that Cheetah is only brought up as Wonder Woman's arch enemy because of her usage in Super Friends. It's like that show saved Giganta and Cheetah from becoming as obscure as many of Wonder Woman's rogues.
    I'm not sure how many people this is true for, but I know that I personally had no knowledge of the characters(including WW) before seeing Superfriends. So that defined the mythos to me.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aquaman should be the new trinity.

Still wish she had a better extended family which includes more males lennox was good i hear her brother wasn't accept by fans which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    Still wish she had a better extended family which includes more males lennox was good i hear her brother wasn't accept by fans which is sad.
    Not sad if you look at how it was done and how crappy Diana was treated to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aquaman should be the new trinity.
    I’m kind of curious what this actually means to you. Arthur and Billy have basically zero relationship with each other or with Diana. They will probably be the DCEU Trinity in that they’ll have achieved critical and commercial success.

DC’s “Trinity” is just their three oldest/most successful characters. There was a time GL was talked about as replacing WW in the “Trinity”. Now Flash is most popular. If we used comic book sales the Trinity is Batman, Flash, And Superman if my sales info recollection is right.
    Cheetah tends to be the default WW villain for outside media which makes her the villain people are most familiar with. That’s basically why people say she’s Diana’s arch. My controversial option would be that I don’t think Diana HAS at an arch. She doesn’t really have a personal hatred with any of her villains that define an arch for me.
    Last edited by RepHope; 08-07-2018 at 02:04 AM.

Incredible Member

A while ago someone said that "very few female heroines have male sidekicks that look up to them" and that it would be "breaking New Grounds," I actually dont know if any female hero in DC had had a male sidekick. So maybe instead of a grown male supporting characters they could try a young boy (not that they should or need to). Some boys have a special bond to their mothers so a boy being raised by a female superhero, especially one as big as Wonder Woman, might show a special type of POV.