Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Go back to shorts. There wouldn't really be a reason to wear pants where she comes from. While Amazons do wear pants in many of the runs they aren't modern looking they are loose. Besides it doesn't fit the Greece-Roman clothes if it's tight pants. So even have the Amazons match and be way modern or at least keep the shorts from G.A
    http://justira.tumblr.com/post/14267...-alittlebriton

I say yes to Wonder Woman having a Pegasus.

I say yes to Diana having her own fictional city.

I say yes to pants (or a modern outfit like the Odyssey one) (But I love the battle skirt and it is a great adaptation of ther original costume).

I care less about her using a sword than the way she's using it.

The way Donna and Cassie are barely related to Wonder Woman mythos is ridiculous.

Wonder Woman should NOT be bulletproof.

The invisible jet is pretty damn cool and it doesn't get the love it deserves.

Her stories are average to low quality and we only celebrate Rucka's return cause we are used to read ordinary stuff. His current run is not that good, especially the present day one.

She still more important in the JL because she's "the woman of the group" rather than her habilities and that SUCKS.

DC should stop giving creators the chance to tell her origin again and again and focus on modern, relevant, good stories. She needs it desperately.

That's why Hiketeia is her best recent story.
    Last edited by Joao; 12-30-2016 at 11:40 AM.

The Amazons should live in a paradise island but the doom gate taints their island and so there will be amazons who rebel due to showing who they truly are.

The amazons should be attractive. In many myths and what we know about the amazons they are beautiful women but it would be nice to see amazons with different body shapes and heights. Also the amazons are blessed by the goddesses

The male gods and female gods should be at odds

That female gods while still are flawed are more morally sounded . While many of the male gods still hold on to the patriarchy system. Some of the male Gods are in the gray areas.

Zeus should be trying to destory the amazons and that's the reasons Hercules finds his way to amazons

Wonder Woman's standard uniform should never include long PANTS.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-30-2016 at 12:08 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Diana shouldn't be drawn skinny but curve and think

CqvfGSCUEAA95Ae.jpg

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Wonder Woman villains are terrible.
    Cheetah is by far the worst and should be a stuffed trophy living in Deathstrokes house.
    Wonder Woman creators, writers, fans etc are very insecure and touchy about her being over shadowed. It's why the Wonder Girls are never important to the WW mythology, it's why there are no important male characters and it's why she is constantly being judged with respect to Superman and even the chief reason for her villains being awful.
    Wonder Woman books should focus on finding a genre and tone instead of trying to preach.
    Whats so bad about them?

Ares: The God of War: His threat is pretty self explanatory.
    Circe: Really powerful sorceress: Also pretty legit threat.

Pretty much every Wonder Woman villain is like this. When you actually break down then their premise they are decent ideas. it's all in the execution.

Etta shouldn't be in the military but rather Diana's own army.

Only people like Steve, Etta and Holliday girls should know her secret id.

Fantastic Member

She should be a teen superhero. 16 to 18 years old when she debuts. I think she should be like Spiderman.
    She should be mid-tier in strength. No power of flight. I would like her to use a giant eagle. Not bulletproof.
    The Lasso of truth should be beatable like a real lie detector. ( My friends mom used to a forensic scientist for the FBI and she says that the lie detector is a load of crap.It can easily be beat by being calm.) Or get rid of the truth telliing power. She needs new villains.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

- The character and her world have never fully recovered from Marston's death.
    - The Perez reboot was good at the time, and leagues better than what came before, but came with its own set of long term problems. Rucka is rectifying many of those now.
    - Diana has more sexual chemistry with Barbara Minerva than she ever had with Clark.
    - Saying her rogues gallery is weak above all others will never not be stupid. The reality is that Batman is the only one with a great rogues gallery at DC. Everyone else has a handful of great villains to their name, and a bunch of generic supervillains that could use some work. Her foes are not conceptually weaker than most others, and I'd say she's better than Green Lantern and Aquaman (who don't have much to brag about outside of Sinestro, Manta and a heavily overhauled New 52 Orm).
    - The majority of Wonder Woman stories never achieve status higher than "pretty solid."
    - Sex and the psychology surrounding it are intrinsic to the character.
    - Superman should be more powerful than Wonder Woman. She's not a lesser person for coming in second.
    - Despite the fact that it had a lot of great stuff and was better than the majority of other WW runs, the Azzarello run still has plenty of cliche, mediocre or downright stupid things in it. It's ultimately not that special.
    - It doesn't matter which version of the character we're rallying behind: all of us WW fans have (to an extent) earned our reputation as an overly opinionated, oversensitive bunch.
    - Giving her a biological father isn't an inherently bad idea.
    - The circumstances behind her birth are incidental to the quality of stories. Marston and Perez were very successful and they had the clay birth, while the demigod origin didn't save us from Finch's run.
    - Morrison should have gotten her for the New 52. It would have been a nice companion piece to his similarly Golden Age infused Superman revamp.
    - A well written Etta Candy is the best sidekick in the DCU.
    - I have a love/hate relationship with Donna Troy. Most of the love comes from the NTT run. Trying to make her fit in with the WW mythos in a way that makes sense often seems like way more trouble than its worth. Especially as Wonder Girl is nowhere near as important to WW as Robin is to Batman.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 12-30-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Okay, it was gonna come up eventually so I'll be the first, from an obvious side of the spectrum:

Due to their unbreakable friendship as equals, allies, kindred spirits, and finally their longevitiy, in the future when others that they love around each other pass and the world changes around them, Wonder Woman and Superman wll fall in love, marry (potentially for the second time for each character as they may or may not have been married to Lois and Steve respectively beforehand) and start an unintentional yet very real superhero familial dynasty on Earth.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Okay, it was gonna come up eventually so I'll be the first, from an obvious side of the spectrum:

Due to their unbreakable friendship as equals, allies, kindred spirits, and finally their longevitiy, in the future when others that they love around each other pass and the world changes around them, Wonder Woman and Superman wll fall in love, marry (potentially for the second time for each character as they may or may not have been married to Lois and Steve respectively beforehand) and start an unintentional yet very real superhero familial dynasty on Earth.
    So Superman and Wonder Woman having children who would be the greatest heroes of next generation?

Some of. Not all, nor even most, as not all superheroes would nor should come from just one line. It would just be kinda the "first family" so to speak of future generations.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Whats so bad about them?

Ares: The God of War: His threat is pretty self explanatory.
    Circe: Really powerful sorceress: Also pretty legit threat.

Pretty much every Wonder Woman villain is like this. When you actually break down then their premise they are decent ideas. it's all in the execution.
    I think Cheetah is a pretty mediocre idea, it's like Killer Moth when you think about it. She starts as a normal person who wears a suit and is revamped in to a monster, Moth is pretty similar in that regard. Cheetah has potential but so does everyone and potential ultimately does end at one point. Cheetah's potential ends at her being at best a Killer Croc level villain.

Ares is a good villain but Wonder Woman fans and writers are vary of him because he's a mythology character and they dont want him to overshadow the character. I already explained this mentality in my post, Azz was clearly angling Ares in a manner similar to what Johns has done for Luthor, Adam and Sinestro but the people behind Wonder Woman just wouldn't have it.

Circe is eh, Cyber has potential, probably Poison as well but the rest is just a suckfest.

The Amazons should be as described by Marston the 'foremost' people in the verse (including science and technology--in his they literally had mastered time and space)

Wonder Woman's divine origins as originally conceived (sculpted by loving Queen Mother and given Life by Olympus) is perfect, unique, and far superlative to any of the bizarre attempts to overcomplicate it, including the Perez additions of the Well of Souls/wrongful death at Man's hand stuff.

The Amazons--ALL of them--are superhumanly strong (Class 100, to use Marvel's old notation) not merely 'enhanced', etc.

The Amazons--ALL of them--are superhumanly fast; all can deflect bullets lasers as a game

Wonder Woman wields dominant force; in strength and speed she is superlative.

William Messner-Loebs, John Byrne, Eric Luke, and Walt Simonson's runs actually added some meaningful elements and refinements to the mythos (respectively: Amazon armor/textiles defy even the most advanced mortal realm science, Diana's body absent the protections of the Silver Bracelets of Victory is invulnerable enough to support her prodigious physical strength, Cosmic Lotus and the connection of all Divinities removing the silly Judeo-Christian bias that often creeps into DC's stuff, Amazons as expert on ALL weapons of any kind and the stunning display of Diana's skill level absent her powers)

Wonder Woman's bracelets should not cover her whole arm

We should NEVER know whether WW is bullet proof/pierceable or not. Swifter than Mercury + Amazon training + competitive nature = awesome displays

There is nothing wrong with Wonder Woman's non-pteryges costume just so; when artists shrink so small that the armour's design elements are non-discernible is the issue rather than the suit's design

Themyscira should be one of, if not THE, most secure locations in the DCU

The television series features a number of elements that would enrich the comics verse or at least warrant exploration through Elseworlds

Azzarello's run was bits and scraps from the GOD OF WAR and SOUL CALIBUR games in Wonder Woman drag.

DC has not even scratched the surface in mining WW's mythos

Oh, I almost forgot: Wonder Woman's rogues gallery is arguably the most formidable in comics. Circe, Ares, and Shattered God are staggeringly powerful. Nigh peerless, in fact

Adding to two of Vanguard's:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard
    1,) Wonder Woman's personality should be more like her Justice League Action personality: brash, cocky, even a little arrogant at times. She's freaking WONDER WOMAN. She's the greatest female character in all of comics. She should be aware of that and she should love being that.
    THIS. I think the closest we have to it in modern times was during Perez run versus Ixion; in a JL Quarterly by Messner-Loebs versus Power Girl; and most recently during the Truth or Dare crossover with Flash when she being batted about the globe by Zoom but is non-plussed and conversing with him: " I was designed by Gods, Doctor. I doubt you can improve on their efforts." When Zoom accuses her of being arrogant, she replies that she thinks she is 'quite modest'. I love the haughty, sporting aspect of Diana's design and it is something we should see more of. The TV show captured that well in some eps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard
    4.) In the Justice League, Diana should be the League's chief strategist. Military strategy has NOTHING to do with Batman's gimmick and it makes no sense for him to be the only Leaguer with battle tactics that work. Diana, on the other hand, has studied the arts of war her entire life. She should be the League's general. Batman supplies the tech and the psychological insight into the villains they fight.

Addendum: Diana should also be the League's chief diplomat and should seek peaceful resolutions to the League's battles when possible.
    I soooooooooooo agree with this. We rarely see that in the League and the Jurgens and Dan Vado runs are the only ones where she brought the Amazon's pursuit of excellence with her and contributed to/required Leaguers to train to further their powers and skills.
    Last edited by Stanlos; 12-31-2016 at 09:23 AM.

> It's time, time to remove flight from Wonder Woman! I'd do the same thing to Superman tbh
    > I like both Marston's Amazons and the Murderzons of New 52, you can like multiple things!
    > Wonder Woman needs a talking cat companion named, Wondercat!
    > Wonder Woman's Golden Age rogues gallery is on par, if not contemporaneous Batman, or Captain Marvel villains. Gigant is probably one of the greatest comic book villains
    Last edited by Pinsir; 12-31-2016 at 12:43 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut