Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    I respectfully disagree on a Ares/Circe being WWs arch nemesis because they are public domain characters thus making the stories with them less impactful and original. I do see Cheetah with potential as a villain though.
    How? It's not like Ares and Circe are villains most other superheroes and a WW story featuring them won't be the same as everywhere else. No one has an issue with Thor's archenemy being Loki.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    I respectfully disagree on a Ares/Circe being WWs arch nemesis because they are public domain characters thus making the stories with them less impactful and original. I do see Cheetah with potential as a villain though.
    DC's versions of Circe and Ares are as much in the public domain as Wonder Woman herself.

Incredible Member

Almost nothing interesting or meaningful has ever been done with Nubia.

BANNED

Donna Troy should be erased from existence.

Ares is a boring as hell villain. I far prefer him being a mentor to Diana like in Azz, but I would also be ok with him being an evil mentor to Diana, pushing her to use force to secure peace in Man's World. I'm content with his current Rebirth status quo.

Cheetah works better as her Two-Face than her "Joker". Imo an arch-nemesis needs both a philosophical reason to oppose the hero in addition to a petty reason, like how Lex fights Supes both because he's envious of Supes and because he thinks Supes makes humanity weak and reliant upon him. Or how Joker hates Bats for not breaking because of his trauma and because Bats dedication to law and order is in opposition to Joker's desire to do whatever he wants.

"Blue Snowman" is a stupid name. Just call her the Snowwoman.

I don't get how Giganta is a serious threat at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I’ve always felt it would be more interesting if the Amazons once worshiped Ares(like the actual myths) but over the millennia had a falling out with him. For one it show growth on the Amazons part, and it would also give the Ares /Diana relationship more depth.

Ares should be Diana’s big bad, and Cheetah should be her personal nemesis. Circe though a major antagonist just doesn’t have the thematic depth as the other two.
    This is one of those things that's rather reliant on the nature of the backstory of the Amazons. Maybe that's what they did before they splintered and some moved to Themiscyra? Maybe it's the Themiscyran Amazons that are heretics who abandoned Ares?

Incredible Member

What do you guys feel about Kane Milohai? He seemed to be about the only GOOD god. It's rather interesting that a Hawaiian God adopted Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    What do you guys feel about Kane Milohai? He seemed to be about the only GOOD god. It's rather interesting that a Hawaiian God adopted Diana.
    I do like the Amazons being of different origins, so I don't mind use of Hawaiin mythology.

I've been thinking lately that it would be funny if DC had Wonder Woman abandon the trappings of peace, justice, humanity and so on and be re-imagined as some sort of ghoul who preys upon both the guilty and innocent. At the very least it would produce a series more interesting than her current books.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I've been thinking lately that it would be funny if DC had Wonder Woman abandon the trappings of peace, justice, humanity and so on and be re-imagined as some sort of ghoul who preys upon both the guilty and innocent. At the very least it would produce a series more interesting than her current books.
    As an Elseworld maybe, but that would be so against what her character is that you might as well just come up with a new one.

BANNED

It'd be interesting if DC rebranded Superman as a chainsaw wielding serial killer and Batman as a psychotic baseball player who beats the homeless to death with a baseball bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It'd be interesting if DC rebranded Superman as a chainsaw wielding serial killer and Batman as a psychotic baseball player who beats the homeless to death with a baseball bat.
    I've always thought it would be funny if Superman was re-imagined as people claim he behaves in Man of Steel, that is, having a complete disregard for civilian casualties. He just slams villains into buildings.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    8^o

That is the most terrifying thing I've ever read. What a scary movie those scenarios would make!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I've always thought it would be funny if Superman was re-imagined as people claim he behaves in Man of Steel, that is, having a complete disregard for civilian casualties. He just slams villains into buildings.
    Isn't that what characters like Ultraman are for?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    honestly, I think that if they met under other circumstances Diana and Pele might have been best friends.