Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I loved how WW taught Cassie in some of the comics. It was a lot better than Batman's approach of "egg meet frying pan"...

Another fun one was when I think it was Batgirl, Barda and a few other female heroes went to Themiscyra for spa day.
    YES, more spa day stories PLEASE.

Where Diana and the ladies are lounging and talking about their teammates, their villains, their favorite crime-fighting gear, their favorite costumes, how many times they've come back from the dead, have they met an alternate universe doppelgänger, and their love lives. Occasionally, I like a good "talking heads" issue if it's creative and how real people (within a world of metahumans) would speak.

Wherever Diana's city ends up being, the alter egos of Doctor Domino, Fireworks Man, Mouse Man, Gadget-Maker, and Paper Man should live there and form a team after gaining their super and/or meta abilities to threaten the citizens, or Diana, or other Wonder foes. (Gadget Man could use a new name though.)

After Simone's revitalization of Catman in "Secret Six" and Orlando's revitalization of Extraño in "Midnighter & Apollo" and King's revitalization of Kite-Man in "Batman," there are no characters who don't have the untapped potential to be taken seriously with creative thought.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Where Diana and the ladies are lounging and talking about their teammates, their villains, their favorite crime-fighting gear, their favorite costumes, how many times they've come back from the dead, have they met an alternate universe doppelgänger, and their love lives. Occasionally, I like a good "talking heads" issue if it's creative and how real people (within a world of metahumans) would speak.
    That sounds like a good excuse for a WW version of the BATS episode "Almost Got 'Im," with the ladies going over their individual run-ins with a particularly bumbling wanna be supervillain.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

This right here is what I want! It's partially why I want Tom King to write Wonder Woman. I'd love love love to see that kind of personal stuff. He makes everything personal, actually, even the fights and villains. So great.

I actually like Jason and hope he sticks around.

Definitely should go on a vacation or something after this arc is done, but I'd love for him to return as a supporting character. I like the idea of Diana having a brother, and Wonder Woman's supporting cast feels so sparse that I'll take anything to flesh it out a bit. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    This right here is what I want! It's partially why I want Tom King to write Wonder Woman. I'd love love love to see that kind of personal stuff. He makes everything personal, actually, even the fights and villains. So great.
    Now that i think about it slice-of-life episodes with supervillains can be really good too.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    That sounds like a good excuse for a WW version of the BATS episode "Almost Got 'Im," with the ladies going over their individual run-ins with a particularly bumbling wanna be supervillain.
    Haha... That's my favorite episode of BTAS. So good characterwise, all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I agree, it's good from time to time. And I want to see Diana have and develop real friendships with some characters like Black Canary, Vixen, Star Sapphire, etc.

Kal and Bruce and Booster and Beetle aren't the only friendships that should be explored and we need more than Harley and Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Now that i think about it slice-of-life episodes with supervillains can be really good too.
    I'm in complete agreement. Whether it's Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman, it's intriguing and riveting when the relationships, whether friendly or adversarial, between the villains are explored.

I enjoyed the War of Jokes and Riddles for the rivalry between Joker and Riddler. The Crime Syndicate is always good for some drama - we should have gotten a lot more of that between them and the villains of Prime Earth in Forever Evil. (I eat that stuff up.) It's part of what made me love the dynamic and ever-changing cohesion between the Secret Six and the rest of the villains so much.

I'd like to write a Wonder Woman story where Chang Tzu, Doctor Cyber, Doctor Doris Zeul, Doctor Poison, and Doctor Psycho team up.

They're monsters and monster makers...and we need a good scientist/doctor cabal regularly meeting about what to do about Wonder Woman.

Yeah hearing them discuss an evil plan in detail might be amazing.

Some of these may not be "controversial" or "unpopular" but I'll just mention them anyways.

- I despise the WW and Batman pairing (gross)
    - Donna and Cassie are pretty irrelevant to WW
    - Etta Candy is the best sidekick in comics
    - Circe is a terrible villain with no motives
    - Jason is quite possibly one of the worst things to come out of a WW comic
    - The Zeus origin is bad fanfiction as well as her New 52 reboot
    - Marston's version of the Amazons are still the best
    - Greg Rucka is an overrated WW writer
    - Diana, Steve and Etta are more of a "trinity" then Batman, Superman and WW are

The Black Panther movie is what the WW movie should've been like.

Set in modern day. Advanced Amazons. The contest...

It was a missed opportunity imo.
    Last edited by greymoon; 07-14-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    Some of these may not be "controversial" or "unpopular" but I'll just mention them anyways.

- Diana, Steve and Etta are more of a "trinity" then Batman, Superman and WW are
    - I'm with you on Diana and Bruce. It was mildly enjoyable in the animated series, but that was enough for me.
    - They've done a great of making them irrelevant. I dream of the day Donna and Cassie are directly associated with Diana again. (This would never happen to Bruce's proteges and family.)
    - Love Etta. I wish we saw so much more of her.
    - Perez did a decent job with Circe and Rucka was going someplace with her before his first run got shutdown. There's still hope for her and her animosity towards Diana and the Amazons.
    - Yeah, the Jason thing did not turn out well at all.
    - I wouldn't call it fanfiction, because that's an insult to fanfiction, but the Azz and DC's decision to go with the origin completely miss and subvert the entire point of Diana's origin. To me, it's an Elseworld's tale...which it pretty much ended up being anyway by the time we hit Rebirth.
    - I'm into a blend; Marston as a base, but plus Perez and plus Jimenez and plus Rucka and plus Simone. Each added a few things and characterizations I enjoyed.
    - Rucka's characters are great, but I could sometimes go with a bit more action and adventure with his stories.
    - I hope this gets proven to be true. We need to see a lot more of Etta and Diana and Steve together - which I would love. Thematically, there's something interesting about Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, but Wonder Woman typically gets the short end of the stick in exploring them. I wish there was another female character with the same longevity as those three to make it a quartet. Regardless, in some ways I wish DC would move past the Trinity or Big Seven. It limits other characters that have potential grow and be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post

Agree with most of that! Although I like Batman and Wonder Woman pairing to a degree. Maybe cause Wonder Woman has some similarities with Superman. Maybe I just ship Batman and Superman. Well okay so.

I also don't see Circe's appeal. I think she has nothing to bring to the table and her figure of powerful witch is so outdated. That's why I liked Rucka's version more than any other: she's just a witch for hire living her good life. And if she has to kill people and capture gods in the way... well, some money and her favorite band's concert are worth it. She also has some sympathy for women (we can see it in her dialogues with Cale) which I appreciate. And her personality was a breath of fresh air in such a serious comic.

Rucka is my favorite writer, for me he understands Diana like few do. But I apply what you said to Simone. I read The Circle and didn't understand what was so special about it. I plan to read it again someday and dig deeper into her run.

About Black Panther: YES. The movie did almost nothing with Themyscira and the amazons in general.

Since I'm here, my controversial opinions:
    - I like Zola a LOT and I'm sad she's not around anymore. Also Hera.
    - I would take Azzarello instead of Robinson ANY DAY.
    - Rucka is my favorite Wondie writer but The Lies and The Truth are somewhere between regular and bad. Godwatch is my favorite WW story ever though.