Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Guest self-defense instructor.
    In fact Old Man Logan having a guest appearance as well wouldn't be so bad since he was her mentor.

It's really a sad sad sad casting. #makeminemarvelagain

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Really like the art, and the brief character descriptions are promising. Funnily enough the art really reminds me of Adrian Alphona's early Runaways work.

It would be nice to get some variant covers or a fill-in issue by Bachalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Really like the art, and the brief character descriptions are promising. Funnily enough the art really reminds me of Adrian Alphona's early Runaways work.

It would be nice to get some variant covers or a fill-in issue by Bachalo.
    Really?

I recall the color pallet with the art had more "pop", but penciling and inking are different I suppose.

BANNED

I'll miss the yellow rain coat for Jubilee but hey, got to keep up with the times and in fairness, she knows fashion. So in other words, great designs and character commentary. Consider me impressed.

Eye Boy and Quentin pics.

I think Eye Boy looks fantastic. I love how he has two brown eyes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    I'll miss the yellow rain coat for Jubilee but hey, got to keep up with the times and in fairness, she knows fashion. So in other words, great designs and character commentary. Consider me impressed.
    Yeah, those on point character commentaries are the reason I've managed to muster up something resembling an interest for this.

I still suspect that Quire is an annoying mandated addition though.

I really feel like there is a fantastically on-point yet modern take on Jubilee's color palette locked somewhere in Kevin Wada/Russell Dauterman/Annie Wu/Jamie McKelvie's mind, but I have yet to see it. I don't want her to be an all-neon eye-sore, but I really feel like the yellow raincoat has not looked good with her current black jumpsuit with pink trim. The sketches are great for her civilian clothing (which may be her "costume" in this series), but I still want an updated uni for my girl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    I really feel like there is a fantastically on-point yet modern take on Jubilee's color palette locked somewhere in Kevin Wada/Russell Dauterman/Annie Wu/Jamie McKelvie's mind, but I have yet to see it. I don't want her to be an all-neon eye-sore, but I really feel like the yellow raincoat has not looked good with her current black jumpsuit with pink trim. The sketches are great for her civilian clothing (which may be her "costume" in this series), but I still want an updated uni for my girl.
    Maybe go with a more muted color for the coat. Something more like this:

And rather than a raincoat, go for more of a stylish trenchcoat or duster (that's the approach I took when writing New Class).
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 01-02-2017 at 10:41 PM.

BANNED

Fair point there. Still, don't mind the look chosen for Jubilee. I mean, I love that she's team leader regardless.

It'd be nice if they changed her coat slightly into something more complementary or just made her not a vampire so she doesn't have to walk around in a black jumpsuit to protect her from the sun lol. In those character designs she's showing plenty of skin and is outside so did they change the vampire thing nobody really likes finally? XD.

Also seeing the latest designs reminded me Quentin is a main character again REEEEEEEEEEEE
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

I would just love for this series to answer Hollow's past.
    Perhaps, Eye Boy could see something in or about her and Quentin can read her mind.

The first X-Men movie did it pretty well.

BANNED

Just to remind everyone, Bling! is canonically bisexual according to The 198 Files handbook and has been shown to have been attracted to both Gambit and Foxxx (i.e. Mystique) pre-Decimation and to have a fangirl crush on Hellion in Age of X.
    Last edited by Jdsm24; 01-04-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsm24 View Post
    Just to remind everyone, Bling! is canonically bisexual according to The 198 Files handbook and has been shown to have a fangirl crush on Hellion in Age of X.
    That was retconned by Wood into her only liking girls.