BANNED

Default If everythhing in Wonder WOman's 52 history is a lie, then is Shazam a lie ?

I mean if everything in Wonder Woman's 52 history is nothing more than a lie, then wouldn't the same be applied to Shazam given that he too gets the powers from the Greek gods ?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I mean if everything in Wonder Woman's 52 history is nothing more than a lie, then wouldn't the same be applied to Shazam given that he too gets the powers from the Greek gods ?
    Shazam gets his pwoers from gods (arguably), but they're not all from the greek Gods.

Also, gods are a complex subject matter; WW history may be different than what we've seen and yet the Gods be the same.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    depends on whether Johns feels like taking a torch to his own work again, seeing how the shazam mythos is close to him

as for powers, Shazam/The Wizard/Jebidiah/mamaragan would have obtained the powers for the empowering long before either version of the WW greek gods interacted with her

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    depends on whether Johns feels like taking a torch to his own work again, seeing how the shazam mythos is close to him

as for powers, Shazam/The Wizard/Jebidiah/mamaragan would have obtained the powers for the empowering long before either version of the WW greek gods interacted with her

We'll be seeing the new version of Shazam for a while if this image is any indication. Shazam looks unchanged from his New 52 design and the new Marvel Family are in the top right of the image too.

rebirthheroes.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

Yeah right. Black Adam, maybe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Yeah right. Black Adam, maybe.
    i didn't say it was a good thing, just that he tends to keep control of the non-black adam aspects under his control as well