Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Batman focuses on Batman himself. Ships twice monthly.
    Detective Comics (also known as 'Tec) is more of an ensemble cast, although the roster has changed since the Rebirth run started. Ships twice monthly.
    Batgirl is about Barbara Gordon as Batgirl. Ships monthly.
    Nightwing is about Dick Grayson as Nightwing. His previous title, Grayson, would be a good read for background on this Nightwing run and shares one of the writers Ships twice monthly.
    All-Star Batman doesn't really factor into the main continuity. Ships monthly.
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey is the team of Barbara Gordon, Black Canary and Huntress. Ships monthly.

There's an upcoming Batwoman title, spinning out of Detective Comics and focusing on Cassandra Cain

Just something you should note, Batman, Nightwing and 'Tec did a crossover a few months ago called Night of the Monster Men. The Monster Men issues will only be collected in an event trade and won't feature in the trades for the individual titles. The first set of trades for Rebirth titles start coming out in January, so that's a good place to start. The titles shipping twice monthly will be easier to trade-wait or catch up if you don't want to get too many individual issues. The fifth and final trade for Grayson is released next week.
    Thanks, that cleared it up for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adavis View Post
    Thanks, that cleared it up for me.
    Batman will also be in a crossover with Green Lanterns soon, so be sure to keep an eye out for that!

Mighty Member

My Personal Recommendations would be in order:

- Detective Comics
    - Green Lanterns
    - Teen Titans
    _New Super-Man

Ive heard superman is quite good as well, I'd avoid batman (tec is just a better batman book IMO) and in a month or two Super Sons is coming out which is going to break the comic market in half.

My top 3 recommendations are Batman, Superman and Detective Comics.
    Batman and Superman are just two very well done solos that have great art and character work. They're perfect introductions to the Rebirth versions of those characters. If you like Superman, you'll probably want to check out Super Sons as well when it comes out in February.
    'Tec is DC's best team book right now. It features a great ensemble of Batman characters and the pacing is really well done. Unlike titles like Titans, you never feel like nothing happens. The stakes are pretty high and the writer is really focusing on developing the most underused cast members. Batwoman's solo will spin-off of this title, so if you like her role here, you'll probablybe interested in her own comic (also launching in February).

If you don't want to get any bimonthlies, try Trinity. It's not the best title out there, but it's a good introduction to Superman, Batman and WW and won't require a big investment. The one thing that bugs me about this book is that even though it's a monthly, the art has been very inconsistent (3 artists in 4 issues), even if the talent involved was good to great.

Batman focuses on Batman himself. Ships twice monthly.
    Detective Comics (also known as 'Tec) is more of an ensemble cast, although the roster has changed since the Rebirth run started. Ships twice monthly.
    Batgirl is about Barbara Gordon as Batgirl. Ships monthly.
    Nightwing is about Dick Grayson as Nightwing. His previous title, Grayson, would be a good read for background on this Nightwing run and shares one of the writers Ships twice monthly.
    All-Star Batman doesn't really factor into the main continuity. Ships monthly.
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey is the team of Barbara Gordon, Black Canary and Huntress. Ships monthly.

There's an upcoming Batwoman title, spinning out of Detective Comics and focusing on Cassandra Cain

Just something you should note, Batman, Nightwing and 'Tec did a crossover a few months ago called Night of the Monster Men. The Monster Men issues will only be collected in an event trade and won't feature in the trades for the individual titles. The first set of trades for Rebirth titles start coming out in January, so that's a good place to start. The titles shipping twice monthly will be easier to trade-wait or catch up if you don't want to get too many individual issues. The fifth and final trade for Grayson is released next week.
    Batwoman will feature Kate Kane actually. Cassandra is part of 'Tec's cast as Orphan

All-New Member

I started with Rebirth too, I started buying and reading basically everything though. Cybord, Deathstroke, and Blue Beetle are the only titles I don't read that are part of the Rebirth titles.

Bat Family recommendations:
    Detective Comics - it'll give you a broad scope into Gotham compared to batman. They have Gotham Girl though so you might want to read the first arc of Batman.
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Batgirl
    Nightwing

Superman Family - never been one for superman really though
    Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Trinity

JL family
    Justice League
    Aquaman
    Green Lanterns

Others
    Harley Quinn
    Suicide Squad - because who doesn't love suicide squad?
    Titans
    Teen titans - I love this Title but titans will connect with Rebirth more so then Teen Titans so far

If you want Young animal
    Doom Patrol
    Mother Panic

Quote Originally Posted by J0nathonW View Post
    I started with Rebirth too, I started buying and reading basically everything though. Cybord, Deathstroke, and Blue Beetle are the only titles I don't read that are part of the Rebirth titles.

Detective Comics - it'll give you a broad scope into Gotham compared to batman. They have Gotham Girl though so you might want to read the first arc of Batman.
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Batgirl
    Nightwing

Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Trinity

JL family
    Justice League
    Aquaman
    Green Lanterns

Others
    Harley Quinn
    Titans
    Teen titans - I love this Title but titans will connect with Rebirth more so then Teen Titans so far

If you want Young animal
    Doom Patrol
    Mother Panic
    Imma be picky and say that Wonder Woman isn't in Superman's family. Aren't even edited by the same office anymore.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Imma be picky and say that Wonder Woman isn't in Superman's family. Aren't even edited by the same office anymore.
    I guess I just put it in superman family, because at the wondercon when they announced it they had wonderwoman out there under superman.. I don't really know where it fell before since i'm new so I just go with that.

Heard only bad things about Justice League book, I'm staying away from it for now. Detective Comics, Aquaman, Deathstroke and Superman are up there in amazing zone. The Flash, Batman, Titans and Nightwing are alright for now. I read only first arc of Green Lanterns and I didn't think much of it, stayed until the end only because I love Red Lanterns.
    With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all,
    That is your fate!

Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Batgirl
    Nightwing

Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Trinity

JL family
    Justice League
    Aquaman
    Green Lanterns

Others
    Harley Quinn
    Titans

If you want Young animal
    Doom Patrol
    Mother Panic
    Gotham Girl only appeared in the crossover issues of Detective, she's not part of the cast. The crossover (Night of the Monster Men) could be skipped, it's nothing special or essential.

Incredible Member

I'm reading a lot more DC then I used to then I did pre-REBIRTH and I'd recommend the following:

GREEN LANTERNS - I love the buddy-cop element and the budding friendship between Jessica and Simon Baz (the appearance of the Phantom Lantern is also very interesting, I'd consider this arc a good one to start with if you don't want to go back to the beginning, you *would* miss out on the Red Lanterns appearance if you did that though)

HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS - As I'm not much of a Hal Jordan fan this has been the surprise of REBIRTH. I love how it focuses on more then just Hal (and Vendetti's use of Hal has been impressive too as an added bonus). If your a fan of John Stewart, Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayenr I'd say this is a good series for you.

DETECTIVE COMICS - Tynion IV is writing the title I have always wanted, focusing on the Bat-family and not just on Bruce

TITANS - It has a major tie into the REBIRTH arc I suspect and for nostalgia I like the line-up

TEEN TITANS - A series which I enjoy a lot

FLASH - I'm not the worlds biggest Barry Allen fan but I like what is being doen with the title (and the mention of Jay Garrick was much appreciated!)

With regards to JUSTICE LEAGUE, I personally enjoy it a LOT but how much yyour cup of tea and I supecou enjoy it will depend entirely what you want on a JUSTICE LEAGUE title. If you were a fan of Grant Morrisons JLA which was all about big threats with little character development (the majority of it being left to the solo titles of the members of the League) then you will enjoy it.

HOWEVER, if you preferred Mark Waid and Joe Kelly's JLA's which was more focused on character development then world ending threats then it won't be your cup of tea and I'd suggest you waited for Orlando's JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA launching in February (with one-shots every week this month).

I hope that's of at least some help to the OP and all that's left for me to say is Happy New Year and I hope you (and everyone else) had fun.

Cheers.

James.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Gotham Girl only appeared in the crossover issues of Detective, she's not part of the cast. The crossover (Night of the Monster Men) could be skipped, it's nothing special or essential.
    But Night of the Monster Men was big for Tim Drake, and then they had Gotham Girl in it.. Being new to comics myself I would be sitting there wondering why everyone is upset about Tim When you read Teen Titans and Detective Comics.. and then you'd see Gotham Girl and wonder who is she because you don't know her..

I know it's not important but some new people like to be able to back track

Astonishing Member

But Night of the Monster Men was big for Tim Drake, and then they had Gotham Girl in it.. Being new to comics myself I would be sitting there wondering why everyone is upset about Tim When you read Teen Titans and Detective Comics.. and then you'd see Gotham Girl and wonder who is she because you don't know her..

I know it's not important but some new people like to be able to back track
    That's what the internet and forums like this are for.

All-New Member

That's what the internet and forums like this are for.
    now they'll know going into the book instead of google after reading it