Default New Milestone comics?- Godhood Comics

https://www.instagram.com/godhoodcomics/

So a new comics company is starting up in the spring of next year. Their first book is going to be Mega Woman

They say their goal is to add diversity in the comic world. They even have a whole list of initial books.

They remind of the of goal that Milestone had. They said Milestone is coming back but progress appears to be at such a crawl that Godhood looks like they'll start first. They even have regular updates on their Instagram.

Just wanted to share something that seemed interesting.

It looks cool.

I wanna read a few of them.

Right, there's some nice uniqueness to these ideas.

I like their intentions. Looking at the projects, the only one that I'm especially interested in is The Black Mamba and I intend to get that when/if it does come out.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I like their intentions. Looking at the projects, the only one that I'm especially interested in is The Black Mamba and I intend to get that when/if it does come out.
    That, Mega woman, American Angel, and Neptus seem the most interesting to me. I would guess it all depends on how well Mega Woman does compared to the investment.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Well, good: I'll be on the lookout for'm!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Nice find and these characters do look interesting. I like the art style and I think all of these heroes/characters seem very unique. I will say that Mightyman kinda looks like a young Blue Marvel, but I'm still very much interested in his story and background.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Only problem I have with Mightyman is that he's called Mightyman... Then again I buy a book called Superman so it's not a deal breaker.

Astonishing Member

I'm intrigued by a little of everything here under the projects heading.

Sharpshooter, Tigerman and Dragon Boy stand out for me, with Jet to a lesser extent, but they all have something intriguing about them that I'd be willing to learn about everyone on that page.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-01-2017 at 11:28 PM.

These look interesting. Wonder if they'll have any Native American characters in their books.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

It will all hinge on the writing, for me. A couple of characters seem far better 'fleshed out' and those will be the titles I first try. And I'll be relying on your opinions here, of course.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    These look interesting. Wonder if they'll have any Native American characters in their books.
    That's a good question. How diverse will they try to be?

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    It will all hinge on the writing, for me. A couple of characters seem far better 'fleshed out' and those will be the titles I first try. And I'll be relying on your opinions here, of course.
    Definitely. Seems like Mega Woman, Sharpshooter , American Angel, and Mightyman are the most there. I would expect for them to try and push them out faster.