Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Many, if not all, villains love attention, and where better to get than the Big Apple?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Why not? New York is plenty damn big, not even all the superheroes who call the city home can be everywhere, and that's what the bad guys count on.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Because we only see when the villains lose and not the many times when they win (especially in this time where heroes are too busy fighting each other)
    Are you kidding? Most supervillains NEVER take advantage of the heroes constantly fighting each other. In one book, a villain suggested doing such a thing only for others in the room to tell him not to be "ridiculous".
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

You almost have to accept all the radioactive, cosmic, and gamma rays only occurred in New York. (You know, the actual city where the writers and artist live in), just like Gotham only had Batman villains, and, Metropolis only had Superman villains? New York only had Marvel villains. It was a rule. Why make a villain over in Wisconsin, if Spiderman is in New York? Make him there..

I do think there was some truth that super villains did target the super heroes for the prestige, and, to get rid of them so they could take over. But seeing as the villains didn't beat the heroes, they were distracted by vendettas instead of just pulling a bank job. At least it kept the villains off the streets.

Oh, You were kidding? Never mind then.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because the heroes are too busy beating each other up ?
    Winner by a country mile.

I guess Occupy Avengers addresses this somewhat. But more can be done to see what type of super villain proliferation has happened in "middle America", aka everywhere not Marvel's NYC or Los Angeles. There should be multiple regional Kingpins.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Salavge companies must also take in a lot of money. The harbors of New York got a couple of Helicarriers in its waters. There still must be valuable tech in them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Salavge companies must also take in a lot of money. The harbors of New York got a couple of Helicarriers in its waters. There still must be valuable tech in them.
    Nuh uh. One went down by Sentinel attack during Onslaught and Frank Castle took charge to keep the wrong hands away from it.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That's gotta be hell on the environment. No wonder there are so many glowing green people running around New York.

it's somewhat obvious. they commit crimes in New York for the very same reason that superheroes congregate; it's where the crime and the valuables are.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    The insurance rates in Marvel New York must be crazy
    "What the hell do you mean,..I'm not covered for damages caused by 'The Wrecking Crew"?...as I'm taking to my agent...

Because they want to stay relevant.

They commit crimes in New York because they don't want to end up a corpse in Chicago! :-p Did you see? 762 murders in Chicago in 2016... :-(

Because they like looking at Spidey's tight bum as he swings away after webbing them up to the nearest lamppost?
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I guess Occupy Avengers addresses this somewhat. But more can be done to see what type of super villain proliferation has happened in "middle America", aka everywhere not Marvel's NYC or Los Angeles. There should be multiple regional Kingpins.
    On one hand this is a great idea, on the other hand this is Marvel. The average citizen of the Shiar Empire is a more fully realized character than anyone living in the rest of Marvel 's USA.