Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Speaking of Wonder Man, perhaps one of the worst brothers of all time, I am curious if writers will revisit their relationship. I kinda hope Vision treats Simon (given his current connection with Rogue) with the same disregard Simon has shown him during the Byrne & Bendis eras. But then, Vision was always the best that Simon lack the back bone to be. It would be funny if Vision is the one to help Simon after the various times Simon selfishly turned his back on his brother.
    Wouldn't be surprised, he did fused Banner and Hulk as one after being separated.

Ultimate Member

Speaking of Wonder Man, perhaps one of the worst brothers of all time,
    Are they really brothers 'though?

You die a heroic death undoing a past mistake and saving others. Someone digs around in your dead brain and uses a copy to make a robot that then ends up dating (and eventually marrying) a woman you found attractive.

You come back to life, and now everyone expects you to like this robot, because it was made out of your violated corpse.

It's like, 'Oh, I chopped your arm off while you were in a coma, and made a clone, and it's now dating that girl you fancied in high school. It's he awesome? Why aren't you nicer to him?'

Vision is awesome and all, and the Avengers comic where he and Wonder Man get in a knock-down drag out brawl because Simon gave Wanda a hand up after a battle and Vision got crazy jealous, is one of my favorites, because it showcased how emotionally similar they are, and how Vision was very much *not* 'just a robot,' but I don't think Wonder Man particularly owes him anything (or vice-versa, for that matter, Simon was *dead,* and it's hardly Vision's fault that he was created in the manner he was). They're relationship is crazy in the way that can only happen in comic books, and I think it makes their respective stories more interesting if they aren't just buddies because they have similar brain-patterns. (Just as Ultron and Pym aren't buddies, or Janet and Jocasta don't hang out or think of themselves as sisters, despite also sharing 'engrams.')

BANNED

Saw the image of Vision for Age of Ultron. Looks great so far I don't even mind the red gloves. So separating Simon from Rogue should be easy.
    Last edited by stingnewell; 09-06-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised, he did fused Banner and Hulk as one after being separated.
    I forgot about that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Are they really brothers 'though?

You die a heroic death undoing a past mistake and saving others. Someone digs around in your dead brain and uses a copy to make a robot that then ends up dating (and eventually marrying) a woman you found attractive.

You come back to life, and now everyone expects you to like this robot, because it was made out of your violated corpse.

It's like, 'Oh, I chopped your arm off while you were in a coma, and made a clone, and it's now dating that girl you fancied in high school. It's he awesome? Why aren't you nicer to him?'

Vision is awesome and all, and the Avengers comic where he and Wonder Man get in a knock-down drag out brawl because Simon gave Wanda a hand up after a battle and Vision got crazy jealous, is one of my favorites, because it showcased how emotionally similar they are, and how Vision was very much *not* 'just a robot,' but I don't think Wonder Man particularly owes him anything (or vice-versa, for that matter, Simon was *dead,* and it's hardly Vision's fault that he was created in the manner he was). They're relationship is crazy in the way that can only happen in comic books, and I think it makes their respective stories more interesting if they aren't just buddies because they have similar brain-patterns. (Just as Ultron and Pym aren't buddies, or Janet and Jocasta don't hang out or think of themselves as sisters, despite also sharing 'engrams.')
    I understand what you are saying. IIRC, Simon was the one during Steve Englehart's WCA run that referred to Vision as his brother. He called Thomas & William his nephews. Reading that as a kid, I considered them brothers. During the Ultron Unlimited story, Ultron refered to Vision & Simon as twins who started together at one point, but branched off to form distinct personalities due to having different experiences.

I liked the ideal that they were brothers in a sci-fi way. Once Byrne came along with the Simon 180, I never really looked at Simon the same way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Apparently this is what the Vision will look like in Avengers 2... Looks pretty cool in my opinion.

Edit: wouldn't let me post picture, so here's the Link

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/...age-of-ultron/
    I certainly approve.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Apparently this is what the Vision will look like in Avengers 2... Looks pretty cool in my opinion.

Edit: wouldn't let me post picture, so here's the Link

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/...age-of-ultron/
    I certainly approve.
    I as well. Sooooo excited to finally get to see my favorite superhero on the big screen!!!

BANNED

I'm pleasantly surprised that they are sticking pretty closely to his comic look. Maybe they think people won't consider it outlandish since he's not a human being. Whatever
    the reason, I'm happy with what I see. It's probably the closest adaptation of a classic costume as we'll get.

One other note; I would expect Avengers 57 and other prominent Vision issues to start to go up the closer we get to the movie, so the time to get any of them is now. 57 is
    pretty expensive already, but can be found at a deal if you look hard enough. After the movie, it will probably be unaffordable. Luckily, I've got a nice copy already.

Extraordinary Member

I'll be happy once we which monthly book Vision will appear in. UA would be obvious, especially with Steve & Logan no longer active.

I'm glad 616 Vision has his 2nd best costume back if he can't have his first.

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Is anyone else really loving witty Vision in Captain America #25 and AXIS #1?

I'm kinda holding my breath and hoping that he joins Remender's new Avengers team in the new year. I'm full loving this!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Is anyone else really loving witty Vision in Captain America #25 and AXIS #1?

I'm kinda holding my breath and hoping that he joins Remender's new Avengers team in the new year. I'm full loving this!
    I have not read either, as I am a trade guy now.

I read in interviews that Vision was making a true comeback, especially now with the upcoming movie.

He has been around enough humans to have a sense of humor. He would display one at times when Steve Englehart wrote him in the 1980's, iirc.

I just hope he does not have to go through another deconstruction.

i like that Vision is getting more facetime...not sure i like all the jokes and such.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nojarama View Post
    It's OK. I grew up with The Avengers in the 70's, so I completely understand where you are coming from. They just completely erased his memories, changed his look and the story lines during Byrnes run were completely different than what I was used to. I just didn't like that eras storylines. No worries.
    Hi all just introducing myself to the thread. The Vision is one of my favorite Avengers and as a kid my first exposure to the Vision was Byrne's redesigned Vision from the Avengers arcade game. So when I got into comics and the Avengers naturally I wanted to read about the Vision and read old back issues of Byrne's run on Avengers: West Coast was my first exposure. At the time I thought was pretty cool.

However time had passed I got into the X-men and when Kurt Busiek started writing Avengers in the 90's with Perez on art it actually rekindled my love for the Vision and the Avengers in general and I began to devour old Avengers back issues with Vision and I realize later that Byrne not only ruined the Vision but also ruined the Scarlet Witch to this day. Brian Michael Bendis took Byrne's stuff and just cranked it to 11 with House of M and the effects of Byrne's run on West Coast Avengers is still being felt on both the Avengers and the X-men's lines. I love Byrne's stuff on the X-men but yeah what he did to Scarlet Witch and Vision can never be forgiven.

I am looking forward to Avengers 2 to see one of my favorite Avengers on screen and I am very pleased with the conept art of his appearance being more like the classic Vision. Like all of you Im hoping the movie will bring Vision's return to the A list.

Incredible Member

From the great Phil Noto.