Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Cool Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Valentine Vision by Rafa Toro

Vision had a massive up grade on AI Avengers. I presume this has all been forgotten about now?

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Valentine Vision by Rafa Toro
    Wonderful, thank you for sharing this 616!
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Vision had a massive up grade on AI Avengers. I presume this has all been forgotten about now?
    He hasn't used his nannites yet, so in all likelihood that's being ignored. It probably opened up way too much power-creep for him, when he was never meant to be quite that tier of powerful (unlike his MCU counterpart who basically jumped 2-3 tiers).

IIRC, even in Ultron Forever just prior to Secret Wars, Ewing brought in Doom-Bot and that relationship they had in Avengers A.I. was key to that plot-point. But the nanites were not used or mentioned. And considering it's Ewing, I really doubt he would forget, or that he wouldn't consciously try to incorporate it into that story especially when every single character had a special 'trait' that played a part in the overall story. So I can only conclude that's been silently retconned, but other story elements are kept.

However, I can't believe this super advanced robot...still uses USB/Firewire for firmware upgrades, as shown in the 1st page of ANAD Avengers #5.

So, some bad news for Vision. Tom King signed exclusive with DC. Hopefully they let him finish his story there.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    So, some bad news for Vision. Tom King signed exclusive with DC. Hopefully they let him finish his story there.
    Very, very sad news, one of the best books of the whole ANAD, I hope too that he finishes his story and if the book is cancelled or just finished, better, it would be a very bad idea that they put another writer that will destroy all the good things of this book and all the King´s hard work.

Ok so he's staying on till 12 and finishing his story on it.
    https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/700425348052168708

Still discouraging. I'll be sure to read the rest of the series in Marvel Unlimited a year later.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Ok so he's staying on till 12 and finishing his story on it.
    https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/700425348052168708
    Tom King
    ‏@TomKingTK

As to Vision, I'm on through issue 12. We're finishing the story we set out to tell without a single compromise.
    At least there's some good news there. Does make it sound like Marvel ordered 12 issues with a view to letting it run there even if the numbers weren't great.

So glad Vision will run for 12 issues and not get cancelled.

But it's not really surprising. It's selling better than a lot of the marvel books.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

At least this one is glad we have him for 12 issues.... still though

Is this how it works? Show that you can take a character and create the best comic going today...and then poof!!! The other guys wave money in your face and your gone.....
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Is it confirmed that the series will be cancelled after 12 issues or that the current writer will just be finishing his Vision story arc in #12 and some other writer will be taking over?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Is this how it works? Show that you can take a character and create the best comic going today...and then poof!!! The other guys wave money in your face and your gone.....
    The other guy found him first, they're just locking him down. DC been losing some guys to Marvel lately so it makes sense for to start locking down creators.

The other guy found him first, they're just locking him down. DC been losing some guys to Marvel lately so it makes sense for to start locking down creators.
    Hey him coming over to the M-camp for a bit made actually aware of his work, to the point I'd probably keep tabs on anything he writes in DC. Provided it's stuff I can just get right into without needing too much DC foreknowledge, hopefully.

I just wish it wasn't an exclusivity deal though.

BANNED

I might drop Vision after #6, depending on the outcome and what happens to Virginia, Vin and Viv.

The solicits for #7 showed Vision and Scarlet Witch together but made no mention of Vision's family... and worst of all, Gabriel Hernandez Walta was no longer the artist, replaced by Michael Wash. That alone kills my excitement to continue reading this book. I need my monthly fix of Walta art in my comics.

I hate when a book changes artists after the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

That's how it is with chickens. Offer them seeds and they will jump out from your warm cuddly arms and abandon you for the hillbilly with the double barrel rifle.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-19-2016 at 04:17 AM.