Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

I see it lists him and Nadia as Avengers on the recap page - but I don't think that's their role here. Vision's just there because he's the Vivs' father, and Nadia will be a potential recruit (I see her declining for now, but joining after No Surrender after what happened in #675).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I see it lists him and Nadia as Avengers on the recap page - but I don't think that's their role here. Vision's just there because he's the Vivs' father, and Nadia will be a potential recruit (I see her declining for now, but joining after No Surrender after what happened in #675).
    .....And speaking of which; while the Vision is still frozen within AVENGERS #676, in addition to his appearance within Today's CHAMPION #16 is another one within PETER PARKER: SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #299.

The Vision's solo makes this list of the best Marvel series since Secret Wars
    https://www.batmansbookcase.com/upda...cret-wars-2015

The Vision by Tom King and Gabriel Hernandez Walta
    This book was Marvel’s peak since Secret Wars, and, in my opinion, it ranks as a classic that ought to be remember among the best the medium has produced. It also marked Tom King’s arrival as a major writing talent in comics. In fact, before the 12-issue run had ended, DC snapped him up on an exclusive contract, a development then-Marvel E-I-C Axel Alonso seemed none too thrilled over. Through Gabriel Hernandez Walta’s excellent clean and emotive artwork, King’s scripts went to some truly dark and heartbreaking places.

As with Spider-Woman, The Vision also serves as a prime example of the good that can come from Marvel’s unrestrained editorial approach. It’s a quirky concept (a superhero in the suburbs! Superman + American Beauty!) executed by creators operating with total freedom, and it’s all about an often-minor character given a chance to star. Marvel’s milked the success of this book since it ended, putting out director’s cuts and hardcovers and all of that, but what if the publisher had had less titles, less relaunches, less series that looked exactly like their movies? Maybe books that were worthy, like The Vision, Nighthawk, The Ultimates or Spider-Woman would have found wider readership and hung around.

Extraordinary Member

I'm still waiting for Vision & Wanda to reunite.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    How long has it been?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    How long has it been?
    Well, it wasn't that long ago........but then, both Wanda and Vision weren't exactly themselves; thanks to SECRET EMPIRE...!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Well, it wasn't that long ago........but then, both Wanda and Vision weren't exactly themselves; thanks to SECRET EMPIRE...!!
    Does that count as Chthon/Zola(I think it's his virus?) Some weird pairing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    How long has it been?
    For me, since John Byrne destroyed their union during his Avengers West Coast run back in 1989-1990.

After Busiek & later Geoff Johns, I was sure they would get back together, but Bendis did his thing.

Damn, when I think about it, they been apart most of my life.

Thank goodness for the MCU.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 02-13-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Tumblr image
    tumblr_o74fp0eF1w1uuyphgo1_500.jpg
    Would you buy this cookbook?

Why would Vizh take up cookery, when he can't eat? And since when is Stark a book publisher? They're a tech firm!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    ......Well, you might have to wait a bit longer; thanks to this recent TOP 10 {honoring Valentine's Day} @ Marvel.com .......

http://news.marvel.com/comics/84446/top-10-break-ups

BANNED

Vision and the Scarlet Witch #3 Jan 1983
    "Blood Brothers!" Guest-starring the Avengers.
    The Vision has collapsed after losing his left arm in the battle against Isbisa in the previous issue.

Now only an energy transfer from Wonder Man can save him.

The transfusion seems to be going very well at the hospital...until the Grim Reaper arrives.

Avengers Lineup: Captain America, Hawkeye, Iron Man, She-Hulk, Thor, and the Wasp.

Story by Bill Mantlo. Art by Rick Leonardi, Ian Akin, and Brian Garvey.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hammond being Vision was retconned out, wasn't it? They co-exist now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It was coverred in the West Coast Avengers I think.
    The Immortus did some crazy shit resulting in two of Hammond's bodies exist. One of them is used by Ultron to create Vision, the other came back from the dead.
    I wish this could be used as inspiration for the debut of the MCU Jim Hammond aka the original Human Torch in 2019's Avengers 4, to coincide with the character's 80th anniversary.

Right, since this thread has been bumped, does anyone have any idea what'll happen to Vision after No Surrender ends? I still find it hard to believe he's off the team - that usually only happens if he's dead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman