Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast
    BANNED

Vision and the Scarlet Witch #4 Feb 1983
    "Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself!" Guest-starring Magneto and the Inhumans
    Magneto last seen in Uncanny X-men 150 is climbing up Wundagore Mountain and comes across Bova's cottage.
    Once inside, he learns a stunning secret about his deceased wife and surviving children.
    Meanwhile, Wanda and the Vision have traveled to the moon, where the Inhumans' doctors repair the Vision's severed arm.

A while later the Master of Magnetism also arrives on the moon and a terrific battle take place: Magneto vs. Crystal, Quicksilver, the Scarlet Witch and the Vision.
    The battle comes to an abrupt end when Magneto makes a shocking revelation about Luna.

Note: This issue ties up plot lines from Avengers 187 and Uncanny X-men 125.

Story by Bill Mantlo. Art by Rick Leonardi, Ian Akin, and Brian Garvey.

Are you guys up to date on No Surrender... spoilers:
    Hulk terminated the Vision by smashing off his forehead gem.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well She-Hulk ripped him vertically in half once and he got better so I'm honestly indifferent.

Also I'm assuming his whole bit in Avengers AI is long gone from canon cos I thought Vision is suppose to be made up of nanites now or something (that might have been mentioned prior to Avengers AI actually but who knows).

BANNED

The comicbook character Vision got better from being vertically ripped in half but will the MCU Vision get better from what befell him in Avengers: Infinity War?

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The comicbook character Vision got better from being vertically ripped in half but will the MCU Vision get better from what befell him in Avengers: Infinity War?
    Rumor is that was the set up for the late 80s/early 90s color-less and emotion-less Vision.

Peace

Vision also showed up in Despicable Deadpool this week. But the Unity Squad showed up as well, proving it was before No Surrender.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Rumor is that was the set up for the late 80s/early 90s color-less and emotion-less Vision.

Peace
    I think it would be cool if he remained dark/black (like in the movie). The whole "ghost vision" won't transfer well to film IMO. #gothvision

Major Vision developments in Champions #22!
    spoilers:
    He seems to be back in action thanks to Nadia Van Dyne and Toni Ho (after the events of No Surrender), but once the Champions leave, with Sparky in tow, Toni and Vision discuss something they're hiding from Viv. He's not fixed at all. His body is repaired but he's getting corrupted internally - Vision is terminally ill! The only way to save him is a total rebuild, but he refuses, saying he knows life is precious and should be finite, so he'll let his progeny take on the responsibility of adulthood. In other words, he's going to let himself die! That's why he's no longer an Avenger.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Major Vision developments in Champions #22!
    spoilers:
    He seems to be back in action thanks to Nadia Van Dyne and Toni Ho (after the events of No Surrender), but once the Champions leave, with Sparky in tow, Toni and Vision discuss something they're hiding from Viv. He's not fixed at all. His body is repaired but he's getting corrupted internally - Vision is terminally ill! The only way to save him is a total rebuild, but he refuses, saying he knows life is precious and should be finite, so he'll let his progeny take on the responsibility of adulthood. In other words, he's going to let himself die! That's why he's no longer an Avenger.
    end of spoilers
    This is a terrible development. The Vision series was so awesome, and now they are killing him off again!

Yeah... looks like Viv's going to end up as THE Vision, just like Jonas from the Young Avengers.

Fantastic Member

Putting my most cynical hat on, it's almost as if they believe Vision in the MCU is done and are now disposing of him.

Spectacular Member

Zub says they’ve got future story plans for Vision but Marvel has to announce them first. It’s Vision, so it’ll end horribly for him.

Being sidelined throughout all of No Surrender still got him murdered, so he’s probably going evil in an event or they’re announcing a Vision sequel but it’s a Viv solo after his death.

I can’t figure out why they’re continuing the thread when they could have just easily had him stay dead after No Surrender though. More drama this way?

The Vision's death should happen in an issue of Avengers, since that is the title he was created in. Wanda, Simon, and Viv should all be there when he expires.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Death should never be a thing for him. Ever.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    Zub says they’ve got future story plans for Vision but Marvel has to announce them first. It’s Vision, so it’ll end horribly for him.

Being sidelined throughout all of No Surrender still got him murdered, so he’s probably going evil in an event or they’re announcing a Vision sequel but it’s a Viv solo after his death.

I can’t figure out why they’re continuing the thread when they could have just easily had him stay dead after No Surrender though. More drama this way?
    It's not even like Waid wrapped it up and then Zub picked up a previously resolved story - this was planned all along, Zub was one of the other No Surrender writers (having done the last arc of Uncanny Avengers). Indeed, I'm sure Waid and Zub discussed what Waid would've done with this storyline.

That Viv solo has been rumoured for quite some time. I'm sure it came up a year ago. Was meant to have a female writer too. I'd assumed it was debunked.

The next big event is a Thor one. Wars of the Realms is due next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The Vision's death should happen in an issue of Avengers, since that is the title he was created in. Wanda, Simon, and Viv should all be there when he expires.
    Maybe a crossover one-shot - Avengers/Champions Annual?