Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Nobody's forgetting Wanda or Steve, silly. Hahaha.

Theye're quite comfortably enjoying roles in ongoing books at the moment though.

I'd be all for Vision joining the cast of Uncanny Avengers, but I think Remender's plans there are rather set. It was nice to see Vision in that book for a couple of issues though. Mayhap he'll return when Alex succeeds in resetting the timeline?
    You know, now that you mention it, if Vision WHERE TO get put on the Uncanny Avengers, I think, Besides Wanda, Alex would be the most interesting to see how they work and interact together. What kind of advice and Support Vision can give, giving his own perspectives of how to help mutants and indeed I like to see what questions and talks Alex would have for and with Vision!

When you think about it, it could become one of the more interesting comic duels today and how they would work off one another! :-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    You know, now that you mention it, if Vision WHERE TO get put on the Uncanny Avengers, I think, Besides Wanda, Alex would be the most interesting to see how they work and interact together. What kind of advice and Support Vision can give, giving his own perspectives of how to help mutants and indeed I like to see what questions and talks Alex would have for and with Vision!

When you think about it, it could become one of the more interesting comic duels today and how they would work off one another! :-)
    Vision has tonnes to say about racisim, that's for sure!

Heck, even the most staunch advocates of Mutant superiority feel okay with treating AI's as second class beings (his former father and brother in law included).

Vision's such a well fleshed out character, and there is just so much there to work with. He's one of the few in the Marvel Universe that you actually 'know'. His motivations are simple, yet deeply complex.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Lightbulb

Vision has tonnes to say about racisim, that's for sure!

Heck, even the most staunch advocates of Mutant superiority feel okay with treating AI's as second class beings (his former father and brother in law included).

Vision's such a well fleshed out character, and there is just so much there to work with. He's one of the few in the Marvel Universe that you actually 'know'. His motivations are simple, yet deeply complex.
    Indeed, those are Very good points!

Vision and Wanda's married was a say on interracial married at the time and it still holds power today IMO. Vision was always condemned, and Wanda for that matter, sadly for trying to find love and find his humanity, especially when it came to Wanda, he was able to find it. Wanda was the lady that saw past what he looked on the outside and saw his love and soul on the inside. Wanda judged Vision buy who he was on the inside, that was a clear say to what anti-racism should be and is today, judge people by who they are, not what they look like!

So indeed Vision is one who has experienced that and he cares that with him today, even more so in ways as well. He is one of the few of his kind and even other AI life is still different in their own ways, so indeed Vision is one of a kind in the end. Him needing others is part of his humanity cause without others, he is alone sadly.

Vision could indeed have so STRONG and POWERFUL views on the subject and his history on how he dealt with it. On-Top of that him have hatred thrown at him and his Wife by his own Family like Pietro and Magneto, all for who he was, yet asking for humans not to do the same to them for who they where; when you think about that, that is a Very Deep conflict right their. Vision can be more harshly judged cause he is not pure Flesh or Human, while humans judge other humans based on their differences and how much the fight and hate over that! Really, RR's book could get Really good with dialogue like this! ;-)

My only fear is the Un-Fans who might still get upset cause not everything RR tries to say on this becomes Heated. I would be sad to see Vision go threw it, already hard enough to see Alex and Wanda going threw it. Only good point is the New CBR, its new rules might help keep from that happening too, so indeed maybe this is a good point to do so.

If RR can pull it off and understand Vision like we do, then it can be a Read of the month in a way that goes even Beyond what it is Now! ;-)
    Last edited by CJStriker; 05-10-2014 at 06:12 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Vision and Wanda's married was a say on interracial married at the time and it still holds power today IMO. Vision was always condemned, and Wanda for that matter, sadly for trying to find love and find his humanity, especially when it came to Wanda, he was able to find it. Wanda was the lady that saw past what he looked on the outside and saw his love and soul on the inside. Wanda judged Vision buy who he was on the inside, that was a clear say to what anti-racism should be and is today, judge people by who they are, not what they look like!

So indeed Vision is one who has experienced that and he cares that with him today, even more so in ways as well. He is one of the few of his kind and even other AI life is still different in their own ways, so indeed Vision is one of a kind in the end. Him needing others is part of his humanity cause without others, he is alone sadly.

Vision could indeed have so STRONG and POWERFUL views on the subject and his history on how he dealt with it. On-Top of that him have hatred thrown at him and his Wife by his own Family like Pietro and Magneto, all for who he was, yet asking for humans not to do the same to them for who they where; when you think about that, that is a Very Deep conflict right their. Vision can be more harshly judged cause he is not pure Flesh or Human, while humans judge other humans based on their differences and how much the fight and hate over that! Really, RR's book could get Really good with dialogue like this! ;-)

My only fear is the Un-Fans who might still get upset cause not everything RR tries to say on this becomes Heated. I would be sad to see Vision go threw it, already hard enough to see Alex and Wanda going threw it. Only good point is the New CBR, its new rules might help keep from that happening too, so indeed maybe this is a good point to do so.

If RR can pull it off and understand Vision like we do, then it can be a Read of the month in a way that goes even Beyond what it is Now! ;-)

Applause! Very well said CJ

OMG! I freaking LOVE this image:

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Love Vision, he has always been in my top 5 Avengers! I really loved that Vision and Scarlet Witch mini by Mantlo and Leonardi. Some great stuff!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Applause! Very well said CJ
    Thank You Mantis Girl 94, Truly Appreciate it!

My hopes and wishes are with this!!great said CJ !!!!!

I have a couple of Vision Power Question:

I know he shoots beams of Solar Energy out of his jewel on his forehead, but doesn't he also shoot the beams from his EYES and his HANDS?

Also; In the 70's books where I first started reading about him he seemed like he could (at times) be one of the most powerful heroes (like when he KO'd Neferia), is he still perceived that way?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Long Live Vision!!

I have a couple of Vision Power Question:

I know he shoots beams of Solar Energy out of his jewel on his forehead, but doesn't he also shoot the beams from his EYES and his HANDS?

Also; In the 70's books where I first started reading about him he seemed like he could (at times) be one of the most powerful heroes (like when he KO'd Neferia), is he still perceived that way?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Long Live Vision!!
    I've never, that I recall, seen Viz fire beams from his hands. From the gem and/or his eyes, yes.

In theory, he's one of the (physically) strongest Avengers. This hasn't been paid much heed for nearly 30 years now though.

Currently? I've not seen him face down an adversary physically in a long, long while. I have no idea where he'd currntly rank.

I've never, that I recall, seen Viz fire beams from his hands. From the gem and/or his eyes, yes.

In theory, he's one of the (physically) strongest Avengers. This hasn't been paid much heed for nearly 30 years now though.

Currently? I've not seen him face down an adversary physically in a long, long while. I have no idea where he'd currntly rank.
    This is the image that made me think of him shooting rays from his hand...

As far as I am concerned, 30 years is a waste of such a wonderful, powerful talent.
    Last edited by Mantis Girl 94; 05-12-2014 at 04:09 PM.

A few of my favorite VISION moments on 3 of my Favorite VISION covers!!!!

To continue my ramble (lol)... What do you all think of the Vision in the next Avengers Movie?

I don't mind Paul Bettany playing him, but not too excited at the proposed origin (Jarvis of IM movie taking a body?)

Also, not very pleased with them talking about using the all white Vision.

But, All in all I am glad the character will be in the movie

To continue my ramble (lol)... What do you all think of the Vision in the next Avengers Movie?

I don't mind Paul Bettany playing him, but not too excited at the proposed origin (Jarvis of IM movie taking a body?)

Also, not very pleased with them talking about using the all white Vision.

But, All in all I am glad the character will be in the movie
    I haven't heard anything about his movie appearance. I'm not overly keen on the departures they've taken with Wanda, Ultron and Vision... So I kind of tune it out and hope for the best, hahaha.

I'm pleased with the actor though. Everything else you've said there...meh. I can't see them going with the all white version, to be honest. But, then, I can't imagine they'd make him (and Ultron) Tony's creation. Or Wanda some Raggedy Anne 'psychic' waif.

I'd hope they at least make him red. :/

Unfortunately no Vision for Original Sin event!! I (pao13) asked Brevoort yesterday in a Marvels liveblog for Original Sin and he said he will not be part of this event!! but we have good news for the next event AXIS because he will be in it!!!see here:
    http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/5..._tom_brevoort_
    Last edited by vin31; 05-15-2014 at 05:58 AM.