Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast

Writers Chelsea Cain and Marc Mohan will launch a new Vision series with artist Aud Koch starting in November. It will feature covers by Marcos Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Writers Chelsea Cain and Marc Mohan will launch a new Vision series with artist Aud Koch starting in November. It will feature covers by Marcos Martin.
    RIP Vision.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member

I have a horrible feeling they might pull a Superwoman and kill Vision off in the first issue to make it a Viv solo...

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    RIP Vision.
    Seems like you just have a problem with any woman writing something.

Well I'm excited as hell. I loved Aud Koch's work on Ultimates Squared.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Proper excited for this. I might be one of the few people who didn't fully love King's Vision because of how he handled the ancillary characters and some of the higher level plot stuff. I think Cain would deal with the stuff I didn't particularly enjoy a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Seems like you just have a problem with any woman writing something.
    Way to create strawmen. I've repeatedly pointed out what I don't like about her writing. And if it were somebody like Louise Simonsson, Ann Nocenti, Kathryn Immonen or any other good writer that's a woman, I'd have absolutely no problem with it.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Excellent, I missed out on King's run when it first came out and I'm excited to see some of the threads be picked back up on. Books like Champions, and Avengers as of recent haven't really piqued my interest but I'm down for another solo Vision family book. The creative team seems solid as well for such a follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    I have a horrible feeling they might pull a Superwoman and kill Vision off in the first issue to make it a Viv solo...
    Since Champions is already setting up Vizh's death, I fear you may be right.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So I guess that old rumor was true, after all. I'm glad Cain is coming back to Marvel, and it's cool to hear she's writing something alongside her husband; that should be an interesting dynamic. I would've liked an ongoing better, but a mini is better than nothing. Hopefully editorial will catch them up on what's going on in Champions so we won't get any major inconsistencies between the two stories. Anyway, I'm super excited for this! A follow-up to King's book was an overdue, and I hope the creative team makes it worth the wait, 'cause they have some pretty big shoes to fill.

Also, if we're getting a family-themed book again, they better not completely ignore Billy and Tommy this time around. That was the only thing I disliked about King's book: it was all about Vision's desire for a family and no one bothered to bring up the fact he already had two sons he's never really been in touch with.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So I guess that old rumor was true, after all. I'm glad Cain is coming back to Marvel, and it's cool to hear she's writing something alongside her husband; that should be an interesting dynamic. I would've liked an ongoing better, but a mini is better than nothing. Hopefully editorial will catch them up on what's going on in Champions so we won't get any major inconsistencies between the two stories. Anyway, I'm super excited for this! A follow-up to King's book was an overdue, and I hope the creative team makes it worth the wait, 'cause they have some pretty big shoes to fill.

Also, if we're getting a family-themed book again, they better not completely ignore Billy and Tommy this time around. That was the only thing I disliked about King's book: it was all about Vision's desire for a family and no one bothered to bring up the fact he already had two sons he's never really been in touch with.
    Especially since they're actually a couple writing together... I wish this could be a ScarletVision book. I wanted to get that Rogue & Gambit treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Especially since they're actually a couple writing together... I wish this could be a ScarletVision book. I wanted to get that Rogue & Gambit treatment.
    I would LOVE a ScarletVision book. Even if it was not about them as a couple, I think there is potential in just the two of them trying to be united for their family's sake. Besides the twins, there's the fact that the previous volume of The Vision ended with the potential of Wanda being a mother figure to Viv, so there is a lot of family connection to be explored.

Also, the elephant in the room: Victor Mancha. I would love a follow-up on that tragic story now that he's back. There's just so much you can explore with this family, which is why I wanted it to be an ongoing. Hopefully it'll do well and Marvel will keep it up or spin another book out of it.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-22-2018 at 12:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Basically most writers just count Tommy/Billy to Wanda's side, and writers don't even touched upon that aspect that often.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Basically most writers just count Tommy/Billy to Wanda's side, and writers don't even touched upon that aspect that often.
    IIRC they showed Billy and Vision on-panel at like, Avenger's meetings/gatherings, so it's not like they don't literally see each other. Actual on-panel interaction tho, I think it was back in 2013 or later, where after Vision finally got put back together again after the last catastrophe, he resolved some of his issues and it ends with a nice couple of panels of him meeting up with Billy to talk about the resurrection-thing.

Tommy was MIA because Tommy is always MIA and it's a miracle if anyone bothers to remember he exists.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Exactly, and I think it's about time that changes. It's just nonsense to bring back such a major plot point for Wanda and Viz and then neglect it like this. With Wanda's solo book, at least they talked about the kids and showed them on panel. We got to see a little of how they impact her psychological state. And then we got to see Billy interacting with Wanda in the only book he regularly appeared in during ANAD Marvel (New Avengers), which was nice. With Vision's solo book, though... there was no mention at all, not even when they actually appeared on a cover representing their family tree! And nothing outside of that series ever since. We don't even know if Viv knows she is supposed to have two half-brothers. It just feels like a really bad plot hole to me, specially if you're doing another family book and ignoring it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    IIRC they showed Billy and Vision on-panel at like, Avenger's meetings/gatherings, so it's not like they don't literally see each other. Actual on-panel interaction tho, I think it was back in 2013 or later, where after Vision finally got put back together again after the last catastrophe, he resolved some of his issues and it ends with a nice couple of panels of him meeting up with Billy to talk about the resurrection-thing.

Tommy was MIA because Tommy is always MIA and it's a miracle if anyone bothers to remember he exists.
    Oh, yeah, we got Vision meeting Billy once during an Avengers annual, and then nothing ever again, which probably makes it worse, 'cause you know he knows Billy and can keep in touch, but apparently chooses not to. Not only that, but in Avengers #0 (2015), they actually portray him as someone willing to completely forget and rewrite his feelings for his old family, with no mention at all if he talked about this with Billy or Tommy or how they feel about that. And then he goes and creates a new family with new kids and, again, the boys are nowhere to be found. And then to make matters worse, Waid turns him into someone who was willing to kill Kang, even though it was previously established that Kang being erased from the timeline would literally erase Billy (and probably Tommy too) along with him. I mean, at this point it's just becoming straight-up bad parenting. And if it turns out that Vision chose to deliberately push them away from his life, it would be nice to at least know why.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-22-2018 at 02:05 AM.

So I guess that old rumor was true, after all. I'm glad Cain is coming back to Marvel, and it's cool to hear she's writing something alongside her husband; that should be an interesting dynamic. I would've liked an ongoing better, but a mini is better than nothing. Hopefully editorial will catch them up on what's going on in Champions so we won't get any major inconsistencies between the two stories.
    In particular - she'll have to include Snowguard. Amka lives with the Visions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman