Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    He was in AvX, unfortunately. So he'd have to smack jimself around too (entirely possible, I'd suppose, with his new nanobots).

But, yeah, his feelings about being left in the basement were heart wrenching, eh? I'll admit, even I was cnnfused about exactly what Jonas was at first. I assumed him to be Vision 'reborn'. It became quickly appearent that he was only played that way in Captain America. In YA, he was something other.

When Vision was finally reconstituted, his whole world was kind of swept from under him. He he hasn't been quite the same since.

More reasons for Vision to smack Tony and his granddad Hank for ditching him in the cold basement. Also
    Quicksilver just because.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    REMENDER, BREVOORT TILT MARVEL'S "AXIS"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53473

"Characters that Remender has had a lot of fun writing -- almost for the first time -- are Nova, Magneto and Hulk. "It's got a lot of my bucket list stuff that I wanted to work on. One of those things in the opening is also the Vision. Tom and I have done a lot of talking about him as a character we both really dig," Remender said. "When you see the covers rolling in and you see the cast, it's a dream line-up on both sides.""

Vision looks different in that image. Kind of like Jonas with the colors reversed. I wonder if they're changing it yet again. It looks better than the AI design, but not as good as the classic.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

That looks like the vision after the gatherers saga.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Vision looks different in that image. Kind of like Jonas with the colors reversed. I wonder if they're changing it yet again. It looks better than the AI design, but not as good as the classic.
    I will chalk it up to being a far away image, not as well defined as he could be up close. The Design looks like an update, but have to wait and see a closer image to know for certain, but indeed I am liking his Cape Collar!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Exclamation

SDCC: MARVEL: AVENGERS & X-MEN "AXIS"!

EPIC VISION NEWS!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54320

Remender said it's a big priority at Marvel currently "to make the Vision the badass that he used to be. When the Vision showed up, the Vision used to be somebody that carried a lot of weight. And if the Vision got in a fight with you, you probably lost that fight. If you're a Vision fan, get ready. Daniel Acuña's redesigned the character in a way that's fantastic."
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

It is about bloody time the Vision gets his due. I am also hoping for some steady interaction with Wanda. Even if they never resume their romantic relationship, they could work as partners. Plus, I am tired of Wanda/Simon. Actually, I am tired of Simon being the ultimate dead-beat brother.

More Vision, please.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Oh my I am shaking I am soooo excited! I Love me some old time bad ass Vision!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    SDCC: MARVEL: AVENGERS & X-MEN "AXIS"!

EPIC VISION NEWS!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54320
    Fantastic news! It's about time he got some respect. I'm super critical of the 'cinematic universe', but if him featuring in the films gets him more exposure in the books, awesome!

Thanks for sharing that, CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    That looks like the vision after the gatherers saga.
    Yup. This was actually my second least favorite look for Viz, to be honest (after Byrne's 'pasty-mcpaste-paste' mess). I'd rather see something closer to his classic look, but it's not the end of the world.

I'm so full stoked for AXIS!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Yup. This was actually my second least favorite look for Viz, to be honest (after Byrne's 'pasty-mcpaste-paste' mess). I'd rather see something closer to his classic look, but it's not the end of the world.

I'm so full stoked for AXIS!
    Byrne really did a number on the Vision. He was one of my favorites as a kid, and it seemed like he never recovered after Byrne run on the Avengers books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Byrne really did a number on the Vision. He was one of my favorites as a kid, and it seemed like he never recovered after Byrne run on the Avengers books.
    I don't think it's really possible to convey just how popular the character was in the 70's and early 80's. I mean, this guy was up in Spider-Man territory among comic readers. Most
    of the comments I see from newer readers dismiss him as a product of his time, but he was the main draw for the longest time. He should be top tier in popularity by now, but I don't
    think he will ever fully recover from the damage done to him. Same with Simon Williams, who also could have been a major character.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    I don't think it's really possible to convey just how popular the character was in the 70's and early 80's. I mean, this guy was up in Spider-Man territory among comic readers. Most
    of the comments I see from newer readers dismiss him as a product of his time, but he was the main draw for the longest time. He should be top tier in popularity by now, but I don't
    think he will ever fully recover from the damage done to him. Same with Simon Williams, who also could have been a major character.
    Vision is seen as an outdated relic but between Axis and the movie I think he'll finally make his huge return. The only thing to potentially worry about is how his redesign will look. Remender has teased a new UA roster and who knows, Vision might be on it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    He was a key character once you got past the big three, imo.

Wonder Man was another favorite. As a kid, I loved their "twins" dynamic. Byrne's handling of Simon in regards to his "brother", with his refusal to help restore the Vision, and desire to be Wanda's lover really irked me. It was really ironic considering the already creepy brother dynamic that both Simon & Vision had with Eric Williams.

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of which, I'd love a family limited series featuring the Williams, the Pyms, Magneto's clan, and the Inhumans.

Mark Waid, or Peter David would have grand time writing that.

The union between Vision & Wanda tied a lot of people together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Speaking of which, I'd love a family limited series featuring the Williams, the Pyms, Magneto's clan, and the Inhumans.

Mark Waid, or Peter David would have grand time writing that.

The union between Vision & Wanda tied a lot of people together.
    Peter David could do it justice. I bet he could write the hell out of Avengers actually. Talk about somebody who could flesh out everybody. Just maybe, Peter David could
    write Vision and crew as interesting people again. We need to get him out of X-prison.

Could that be the Vision hovering above Quicksilver, in this newly released SDCC poster photo? If so, I am very surprised and delighted! I am not expecting them to actually incorporate the Vision's comic appearance in a live action film!