Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Could that be the Vision hovering above Quicksilver, in this newly released SDCC poster photo? If so, I am very surprised and delighted! I am not expecting them to actually incorporate the Vision's comic appearance in a live action film!

I believe so! Very excited to see this. May 2015 is so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I believe so! Very excited to see this. May 2015 is so far away!
    I know right? Same here. I am praying that there is at least a flirtatious scene between him and Wanda. They are one of my all time favorite couples in the Marvel Universe.

Extraordinary Member

That is the Vision.

This gets better & better.

With Vision, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Cap, Thor, and Iron Man all in live action.......can Marvel actually produce the Kree/Skrull war?

I'm not sure if Fox has the rights to the Kree or Skrull.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 07-25-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Perfect. Vision is awesome. <33333333

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

As someone in this thread said; "once you get past the big three"........... Are you joking?

My dad was raised on comics of the 60's and 70's and I started reading his old comics before the Modern ones....

The Vision WAS THE BIG THREE!!!!

Him, Silver Surfer, and Maybe SpiderMan was the Big Three...No one, and I repeat NO ONE was more popular in Marvel during that decade!

There was no one is the Marvel Universe that the Vision couldn't stand up too and maybe even beat in an even fight. Thor, Hulk, any of the X-men, Etc, etc, etc, etc....... Vision was The $$$hhhhiiiitttt!!!!!!!!!!!

I am saddened at what has become of his character.... There was a time that even his picture on a cover (regardless of how much he appeared inside the comic) sold comics!

PLEASE, someone bring back the old Vision to us! Millions of old fans, and many of us young fans with a head on our shoulders want the Vision to return to greatness!

BANNED

I was big fan of Vision back when the 90's cartoon Avengers came. Been a big fan of him since was very excited she he made the scene in EMH.
    Heres hoping he performs my favorite of attacks that puts the Fastball Special to shame.
    VISION.jpg

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    As someone in this thread said; "once you get past the big three"........... Are you joking?

My dad was raised on comics of the 60's and 70's and I started reading his old comics before the Modern ones....

The Vision WAS THE BIG THREE!!!!

Him, Silver Surfer, and Maybe SpiderMan was the Big Three...No one, and I repeat NO ONE was more popular in Marvel during that decade!

There was no one is the Marvel Universe that the Vision couldn't stand up too and maybe even beat in an even fight. Thor, Hulk, any of the X-men, Etc, etc, etc, etc....... Vision was The $$$hhhhiiiitttt!!!!!!!!!!!

I am saddened at what has become of his character.... There was a time that even his picture on a cover (regardless of how much he appeared inside the comic) sold comics!

PLEASE, someone bring back the old Vision to us! Millions of old fans, and many of us young fans with a head on our shoulders want the Vision to return to greatness!
    Well stated Mantis Girl 94 and I think the best time for Vision's return to Greatness is Now!

See, others put it well that Vision has been taken down sadly for too long since West Coast and never seem to fully recover from it. But Allot of time has passed to and more and more new fans are coming to comics thanks to the movies, also add to that talented creators that want to push Vision like Wheadon for Now Avengers 2 and Remender with AXIS and you have a the Perfect moment in Time for this!

Vision at this moment has a clean slate for a Fresh Start, yet never taking anything away from his history or what made him great to begin with. Their is a drive now by Marvel in these last 24 Hours Alone that says This is what they want to do with Vision and Honestly This has been IMO the Greatest 24 Hours of Visions Future I have heard of in maybe Forever!

Vision can be a Bad-A$$ again, also as others said sadly fans found him outdated sadly. But really I can't see why that can stick anymore, in this age of High Tech we have and the growing ideals of AI, Vision is a Perfect Example of capturing fans imaginations on the ideals of the definition of Life and Vision is a Clear Example to that kind of person. Indeed you have rich stories for him in this New age of Tech and a youth that lives by it.

Really all we need is the Drive for him by Marvel and Clearly we seem to Now Finally Have That!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Sooooooo excited about them finally releasing some news regarding The Vision in the new film. And thankfully he will NOT be like what was teased... The "White Vision" nightmare (that ruined the character for me). In fact, I abandoned The Avengers altogether, until they changed him back to "mostly" his former self (and then "killed" him off in Disassembled). I did enjoy Vision 2.0 (Jonah in Young Avengers) and the newer version that came back "to life" after they brought him back in the new Avenegrs era comics. Avengers AI was OK as well, but the fact that they are including him in the new film is a fantastic plus! Yay!!!

Extraordinary Member

Man, glad I'm not the only vision fan. He looks awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Man, glad I'm not the only vision fan. He looks awesome.
    If they can find somebody to put him front and center again, you'll see how great he can be. But not just fighting. Part of the appeal of Vision is his existence as an artificial man
    among a group of humans who have accepted him as one of their own. He's much more than a robot with cool powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That is the Vision.

This gets better & better.

With Vision, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Cap, Thor, and Iron Man all in live action.......can Marvel actually produce the Kree/Skrull war?

I'm not sure if Fox has the rights to the Kree or Skrull.
    Man would I love a movieverse Kree/Skrull war. The Kree have appeared on AoS, so they must be fair game. I don't know about the Skrulls, though my gut tells me they are probably included in the FF rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    If they can find somebody to put him front and center again, you'll see how great he can be. But not just fighting. Part of the appeal of Vision is his existence as an artificial man
    among a group of humans who have accepted him as one of their own. He's much more than a robot with cool powers.
    Yes. I think the thing that has always draw me most to the Vision is his status as the ultimate outsider looking in. Even though he has been accepted among the Avengers, there is the sense that he has never fully felt he belonged. Some of my favorite scenes with him have been ones wherein he reveals that he often does things (like eating, for instance) simply to make other people comfortable, but he himself doesn't necessarily understand their significance and so is constantly observing the people around him. He allows for some interesting storytelling opportunities on the human condition.

I don't think it's really possible to convey just how popular the character was in the 70's and early 80's. I mean, this guy was up in Spider-Man territory among comic readers. Most
    of the comments I see from newer readers dismiss him as a product of his time, but he was the main draw for the longest time. He should be top tier in popularity by now, but I don't
    think he will ever fully recover from the damage done to him. Same with Simon Williams, who also could have been a major character.
    This is the absolute truth of it. Vision was the heart and soul of the Avengers through the entirety of thier seminal years.

People glom onto the movie trio of Cap, Thor and Iron Man as 'the' Avengers, but Avengers was for many, many years 'Vison and company'. And there's good reason for that. He's such an amazing character with infinite potential.

I hope Marvel's genuine here and he really gets the push that's been overdue for decades now.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Looks like Movie Vision will actually be Jarvis the AI Butler from the Iron Man movies. I would prefer the twisted Pym/Ultron/Vision original family paradox but I can live with this. At least he will be in the movie. Also I bet he's a significant character. I can see Ultron leveling Manhattan and the Avengers and a injured Stark retreats to a lab to upgrade Jarvis into Vision who then saves the day. Sure, why not!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Looks like Movie Vision will actually be Jarvis the AI Butler from the Iron Man movies. I would prefer the twisted Pym/Ultron/Vision original family paradox but I can live with this. At least he will be in the movie. Also I bet he's a significant character. I can see Ultron leveling Manhattan and the Avengers and a injured Stark retreats to a lab to upgrade Jarvis into Vision who then saves the day. Sure, why not!
    At least Jarvis won't be the one who turns into Ultron. I guess that will be a whole different servant Tony creates.

At least Jarvis won't be the one who turns into Ultron. I guess that will be a whole different servant Tony creates.
    I will miss the Vision/Ultron daddy-issues though. I always enjoyed the banter of Vision reminding Ultron that he was more that what he created and love humanity.

draft_lens18113468module151255564photo_1309718305essential_avengers_2.jpg