Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1000 books in 2017

New year, new thread, old challenge!

The goal, just like in the previous 2 years, is to read a 1000 comic book issues in 365 days, starting today!

Keep us updated of your progress and if you fancy write a few lines about what you've read, what you liked and disliked, just to keep things interesting and informative.

Usually a 22 pages comic counts as one issue, in case of other formats just divide it with 22. If you feel like your 48 pages long French album is really wordy and takes just as long to read as a 120pg american tpb then feel free to count it as 3 or even 5 issues, nobody gonna shout at you, it's all for fun.

Happy reading folks!

I failed the 2015 challenge and got so burnt out by binge reading on the back end that i skipped 2016 entirely.

But 2017 is my year for sure!

Since I "rebooted" and returned to reading and collecting DC comics hardcore in 2016, I'm in for this!
    If I read even half of what I've purchased in all the Omni's,HC Deluxes, and trades, I should make it. The only problem would be: working all the time to make more $$$ to buy more books!!! Ha!
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 01-01-2017 at 06:07 AM.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

BANNED

I just read 272 issues last year... but i hope to read alot more this year. I'm in ! lets do this !

I'm in again. I just posted my final tally for 2016, so it's time to begin anew!

Extraordinary Member

I'm starting more classical novels (due to my studies). Time to give Virgils' 'Aeneid' a second attempt.