Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Captain America (2004) 35-50 and 600-610

Captain America Reborn (1-6)

Steve Rogers: Super-Soldier (1-4) - Happy to get Steve back. I was getting bored of the Bucky stuff

Sandman (#38 & Vertigo: Winter's Edge)

Werewolf by Night (#1-2)

Spider-Man #14

Total = 342
    We need better comics

All-New Member

I’ve been switching a lot between the Ultimate universe, Marvel and DC recs from Comic Book Herald, and the New 52.

What I’ve read so far this year:

Ultimate Universe (most of these are rereads)

Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra #1-#4
    Ultimate Elektra #1-#5 – I really liked both of these, solid stories and good art.
    Ultimate Marvel Team-up #1-#8 and #10-#16 – Slightly hit and miss, but the best ones have been fantastic. Issue 11 was my favourite, really fun Spidey/X-Men story and I loved Chynna Clugston-Major’s artwork.
    Ultimate Spider-Man #1-#39
    Ultimate X-Men #1-#20 – I think I’ve read nearly all of these before and remember really liking both series. That said, Spider-Man seems to have held up MUCH better than X-Men when it comes to rereading. Venom is the one character I DON’T remember in the Ultimate universe, so guessing I didn’t get as far as this with Spidey first time around – I loved his introduction, though.
    Ultimates #1-#13 – Ummm, fine I guess? I can barely remember it a week or so after reading though, didn’t make much of an impression.
    Ultimate Fantastic Four #1-#6 – Really enjoyable, an awesome retelling of the origin story. Looking forward to seeing more of Doctor Doom!

Newer Marvel

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 - #8 and #1 - #5 – Oh WOW, this is pretty much everything I want in a comic. Super-fun, gorgeous artwork, awesome characters, and stands alone without needing much knowledge of other stuff going on. A massive favourite of mine.

Older Marvel

Black Panther (1998) #1 - #9 – Okay, but not really keeping me that interested.
    Fantastic Four #31-35 – Wow, this has me hooked! When I first got into Marvel I read a load of the black and white omnibuses of Spider-Man and the X-Men but never really got into the FF to the same extent. I’ve really enjoyed these five issues and looking forward to more.

DC Rebirth

Batman #1-#6 – Not my favourite Batman, but interesting enough.
    Detective Comics #1-#2 – Really loving this, though. An incredibly interesting team being put together.
    Superman #1 - #6 – I liked this a lot, perhaps unexpectedly.
    Action Comics #1 - #6 – Jaw-droppingly good, one of my favourite Superman stories.
    Wonder Woman #1 - #3 – Another character I haven’t really gotten invested in before, but this is pretty intriguing.

DC New 52

Batman #21 - #24 – I thought I’d go for the flashback stuff before rereading the first few issues of the New 52 Batbooks; this is excellent. Snyder is one of my favourite writers, I think.
    Swamp Thing #1 - #6 – I seem to remember giving up on this early on in the run last time I tried it and I have no idea why; I loved it this time around. Great story and stunning art.

Older DC

Batman: The Black Mirror (Detective Comics #871 - #881) – A really outstanding story, with one of the creepiest villains I’ve read. I love Dick Grayson in this too.
    Batman: Hush (Batman #608 - #619) – Great story, with stunning artwork. I loved seeing so many major Batman villains in one arc.
    Superman: Secret Identity #1 - #4 (double-sized issues) – The best Superman story I’ve read. I thought this was a great story and the art from Immonen is incredible.

Archie

The Shield #1 - #2 – Story is fine, I loved the artwork.
    Archie (2015) #1 - #4 – Awesome, Waid is a writer I love and the art from Fiona Staples and Annie Wu is superb.

Total so far this year: 199 issues

Tales of Suspense #55-57. 3 issues

Empowered Volumes 1-8. 66 issues

The Duck Avenger #0. (72 pages). 2 issues

Mickey and Donald's Christmas Parade #2. (64 pages). 2 issues

New Total: 297

So I went all in on Empowered. I've been having some ups and down in my life so i needed something lighter. Also Iron man is dragging so i had to step away for a bit. I love a good comedy series and Empowered seemed like it would fit that. It did. I could take or leave the sex stuff but I thought the series as a whole was pretty funny. Its also a fast read. I was reading about two volumes a day and i wasn't really trying.

If you try the series out I would say you have to give it until the end of Volume 2. If you don't like it by then you never will. The first volume is mostly just a bunch of very short stories that are connected. But i wouldn't skip it because it lays a lot of the groundwork for the series.

Continuing my want for something lighter I read some IDW disney comics that have been sitting in the unread pile since last year. The Duck Avenger was good but not quite good enough for me to run out and by the individual issues. I'll wait for the trade on that.

Spectacular Member

2017 Week 11

Akira 22-29 (64 pages each, 24 issues)
    Incredible Hulk Epic Collection 20 Future Imperfect (23 issues)

Total for the week: 47
    Total for the year: 337

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Detective 950 (1)
    Wolverine by Greg Rucka Ultimate Collection (19)
    Wolverine by Jason Aaron Complete Collection Vol. 3 (17)
    Wolverine by Jason Aaron Complete Collection Vol. 4 (16)
    Wolverine/Sabretooth by Jeph Loeb (10)
    Total: 63

Overall total: 168

Currently 400 pages into the Alpha Flight omnibus but I'll hold off the count until I complete it.

Detective 947-949
    The Unwritten OHC
    Frankenstein: Agent of Shade (both tpbs)
    Infamous Iron Man 1-4
    Guardians of the Galaxy omnibus: 48

Total: 80
    TWD 161-163
    Moon Knight 9-11
    Old Man Logan 15-17
    Action Comics 970-972
    Star Wars 26-28
    Daredevil 14-16
    one third of the Incal (four issues)
    Total: 25

Overall total: 105

Overall total: 168

Invincible Iron Man 4
    Walking Dead 164
    Daredevil 17
    Super Sons 1
    Superman 17
    Old Man Logan 18
    Clone Conspiracy 5

Alpha Flight omnibus (45)

Total: 52

Grand total: 220

Thor by Simonson # 337-356 (20)
    Superman 18
    Clone Conspiracy Omega

Grand Total: 242

Wolverine and the X-Men omnibus (41)
    Action Comics 775

Grand Total: 284
    Action Comics 776
    Detective 951-953
    Green Lantern Silver Age omnibus (Showcase 22-24, Green Lantern 1-16)
    Total: 23

Grand Total: 307

Mighty Member

update:

Descender TP v3 (5) - Loved it. One of my favorite series. This volume focused individually on characters backstory, eventually leading them up to the present.

Manifest Destiny TP v4 (6) - Story remains entertaining, although some to the flashback and supernatural elements got a little weird. While it's always been hinted at before, I generally don't like when stories lean to heavily on that sort of thing, and i hope they manage walk the line.

The Goddamned TP v1 (5) - Due to the delays, I've been anxiously waiting for this one. Unfortunately i was disappointed. Not much developement so far, although I have faith in the creative team, and this is sort of a niche book, so I'll give v2 a try.

Transformers Phase 2 HC v1,2 (~25) - These books were surprisingly dense, in a good way, with lots of characters and dialogue. Unfortunately, they do reference the previous material quite a bit, so it makes me wish I'd have started with the initial books, though that would have proved expensive (google is your friend). Not to say it's necessary to enjoy though. Also, some lol moments i wasn't expecting.

Irredeemable HC v2 (8) - Breezed through this in contrast to the transformers books. Decent enough, although i feel like i've read this before.

118 + 49 = 167 for the year

2017 top 5:

1. Peter Panzerfaust HC v1
    2. Bloodshot Reborn HC v1
    3. Invincible HC v7
    4. TMNT HC v4
    5. Descender TP v3
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-24-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Ms Marvel-11
    Lee/Kirby F4 Omnibus 2-33
    Gotham Central Omnibus-40
    Punisher Remender Omnibus-30
    Punisher MAX Aaron Omnibus-23
    Lee/Ditko ASM Omnibus -43
    Wolverine Aaron Omnibus-30
    The Mighty Thor Aaron OHC 2-14
    Wonderwoman Perez Omnibus-25
    Lee/Ditko ASM Omnibus 2-34
    Lee/Kirby F4 Omnibus 3-36
    Black Science Premiere Hardcover-16
    Ms Marvel OHC 2-11
    Rat Queens Deluxe-11
    Superman Secret Identity Deluxe-4
    Y: The Last Man Deluxe 1-10

Total: 371
    Ms Marvel-11
    Lee/Kirby F4 Omnibus 2-33
    Gotham Central Omnibus-40
    Punisher Remender Omnibus-30
    Punisher MAX Aaron Omnibus-23
    Lee/Ditko ASM Omnibus -43
    Wolverine Aaron Omnibus-30
    The Mighty Thor Aaron OHC 2-14
    Wonderwoman Perez Omnibus-25
    Lee/Ditko ASM Omnibus 2-34
    Lee/Kirby F4 Omnibus 3-36
    Black Science Premiere Hardcover-16
    Ms Marvel OHC 2-11
    Rat Queens Deluxe-11
    Superman Secret Identity Deluxe-4
    Y: The Last Man Deluxe 1 to 4-48
    The Sleeper Omnibus- 31
    Untold Tales of Spider-man Omnibus-33

TOTAL: 462

Quote Originally Posted by yayeahyeah View Post
    I’ve been switching a lot between the Ultimate universe, Marvel and DC recs from Comic Book Herald, and the New 52.

What I’ve read so far this year:

Newer Marvel

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 - #8 and #1 - #5 – Oh WOW, this is pretty much everything I want in a comic. Super-fun, gorgeous artwork, awesome characters, and stands alone without needing much knowledge of other stuff going on. A massive favourite of mine.

Archie

Archie (2015) #1 - #4 – Awesome, Waid is a writer I love and the art from Fiona Staples and Annie Wu is superb.

Total so far this year: 199 issues
    Can't wait for a nice big collection of Archie. I started reading it and then lost track, missed and issue and now I have no idea where I left off! Waid is great and the artists are perfect for the book.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl I really want to give this and other more kooky Marvel books a go, need to open my that damn MU app!

Reading for the past 3 months:

- The Killing Joke
    - The Flash Vol. 1 - Move Forward (New 52)
    - Green Lantern: Rebirth
    - Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #4
    - Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #5
    - Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #6
    - Suicide Squad #9
    - Suicide Squad #10
    - Justice League #13
    - Justice League of America: Rebirth #1
    - Justice League of America: Killer Frost Rebirth #1
    - Justice League of America: The Ray Rebirth #1
    - Justice League of America: Vixen Rebirth #1
    - The Flash #14
    - The Flash #15
    - The Flash #16
    - The Flash #17
    - Titans #7
    - Titans #8
    - Batman #15
    - Batman #16
    - Batman #17
    - Batman #18
    - Batman #19
    - Superman #15
    - Superman #16
    - Superman #17
    - Superman #18
    - Superman #19
    - Action Comics #971
    - Action Comics #972
    - Action Comics #973
    - Action Comics #974
    - Action Comics #975
    - Action Comics #976

Total: 66 issues

Basically stopped reading for the past 3 months and then binged all my issues, has been fun, still loads to go.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl I really want to give this and other more kooky Marvel books a go, need to open my that damn MU app!
    It really is fabulous, I resubscribed to MU to stop myself buying TPBs but I think I'm going to HAVE to buy at least the first couple, it's my favourite series for some time and one of the books I think friends of mine who don't read many comics would really love, so would be great to be able to lend them out.

Update

New 52

Animal Man #1 – #6 – Stunning, loved this and looking forward to the Swamp Thing crossover

Other DC

52 #1 - #13 – Really good, loved the Batwoman entrance.
    Superman Earth-1 (Graphic novel, 136 pages so counting as 6 issues) – Am finally becoming a convert to Superman, this was another awesome story.

Ultimate Universe

Ultimate X-Men #21 - #25 – Fine; I’m looking forward to Ultimate War.
    Ultimate War #1 – #4 – Wow, that was a disappointment. Felt like 3 issues of set-up for a 4th one which didn’t remotely live up to expectations.
    Ultimate X-Men #26 - #33 – Really good story and great art, tons better than Ultimate War.
    Ultimate X-Men #34 – #39 – My favourite arc yet of Ultimate X-Men, Spidey and Wolverine make an awesome combination.

The Wake #1 - #10 – I liked the first half better than the second, and the story more than the art, but overall this was well worth reading.
    Nowhere Men #1 - #6 – Didn’t love it, but interesting. I thought the prose stuff – interviews/articles etc – was arguably stronger than the main comics parts.
    Birthright #1 – #5 – Absolutely loved this, gorgeous art and a really fantastic story.
    Capes #1 - #2 – Didn’t do anything for me, gave up on series.

Others

Abiding Perdition #1 – I liked this a lot, going to continue with the series.
    Fatherhood One Shot – Loved the art, the concept was interesting but didn’t enjoy it that much.
    Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #0 - #4 – Wow, I really enjoyed that! Loved the great mix of superhero action and out of costume drama. Bought the next 4 issues and the annual in the Comixology sale.

Total for year to date: 277

Quote Originally Posted by yayeahyeah View Post
    It really is fabulous, I resubscribed to MU to stop myself buying TPBs but I think I'm going to HAVE to buy at least the first couple, it's my favourite series for some time and one of the books I think friends of mine who don't read many comics would really love, so would be great to be able to lend them out.

The Wake #1 - #10 – I liked the first half better than the second, and the story more than the art, but overall this was well worth reading.
    Nowhere Men #1 - #6 – Didn’t love it, but interesting. I thought the prose stuff – interviews/articles etc – was arguably stronger than the main comics parts.
    [/B]
    That is one the main reasons I sub to M<U, so I don't build up a collection of single read trades. But I am tempted every now and then to add to the collection. Let us see where USG lands.

Also:

I believe that you are in my head.

Book of Doom 1-6

Morning Glories 13-15

Captain America 611-619 & Fear Itself 7.1

Wacky Raceland 1-6

Black Panther #12

Spider-Gwen #18

Total = 369
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 03-27-2017 at 07:33 AM.
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

Full list in post #54. Posting as I complete books.

Astonishing X-Men Ghost Box 8 issues
    Astonishing X-Men Exogenetic 5 issues
    Astonishing X-Men Monstrous 4 issues
    Astonishing X-Men Children of the Brood 4 issues
    Astonishing X-Men Exalted 4 issues

I will just post a review for the lot of these as I feel it can easily be summed up. These stories are just back to basics X-Men adventure stories. I enjoyed them, but by no means would I call them exceptional. Monstrous was the weakest story for me. Exogenetic had some art I didn't care for by Jimenezimage.jpg that face just makes my skin crawl. Don't know if I would be as happy had I paid full price, but I got each as PHC for $6 on clearance so can't complain.

Total for year: 145
    Last edited by Brewman; 03-29-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member

2017 Week 12

Akira 30-34 (64 pages each, 15 issues)
    421 Integrale 1 (198 pages, 9 issues)

Total for the week: 24
    Total for the year: 361

Journey Into Mystery 107-112 (25 pages of tales of asgard and read 108 and 112 completely.) 3 issues

Tales of Suspense #58-71. 14 issues

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #4. 2 issues
    Amazing Spider-Man #54. 1 issue

Mickey Mouse and the portable tele-transporter. 1 issue
    Mickey Mouse and the Return of the Highlanders. 1 issue
    Mickey Mouse and the Sea People. 1 issue
    Mickey Mouse and the Sbilenque's Stone. 1 issue

New Total: 321

Tales of Suspense has gotten a lot better. It only reaffirms my theory that the Marvel Silver Age gets a lot better during 1965. I didn't think I would enjoy the WWII Cap stories, but I think i like them more than the Iron Man issues.

Spider-Man is still my second favorite SA material. And I love Massimo de Vita's disney artwork. The Hoopla app has a lot of his stories translated into English. All of the stories have been good.