Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    So how often are we to post updates?

I'm on fire and at 2. Ha!
    I finished reading Capt Atom: Armegeddon TPB last night and enjoyed it.
    (Issues #8 and #9)
    as often as you want, most people I think tend to do it in 20-50 issue chunks.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Hahaha! This is such a great idea! The reason I think so is because last year at this time I promised myself that I would read more comics after not reading enough in 2015. Now I didn't see the 2016 thread in time to start counting so I didn't particpate in that one but now that I clicked on this and thought about it...I'm really curious because I think I read a lot last year. Anyway I'm in! I'm already off to a great start compared to previous years and honestly I just have the personal goal of reading more comics (along with binding my old floppies) and truly enjoying my favorite medium ! More on what I've already read this year in a later post!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I can understand that. Do you like Harry Potter? The Stephen Fry audiobooks are fantastic. Or if you liked Locke & Key I would highly recommend NOS4A2.
    Not a fan of Harry Potter, I read the first two and the second book was a rehash of the first so gave up. But I know that they get much better, so the novels are on my long list of books to read. Maybe this year towards the tail of the year. Prose wise this year in order:

Don't Point That Thing at Me
    The Immortals of Meluha
    Oryx & Crake
    The Great Indian Novel
    War God
    A Grame of Thrones
    Hawksmoor
    About Face

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Not a fan of Harry Potter, I read the first two and the second book was a rehash of the first so gave up. But I know that they get much better, so the novels are on my long list of books to read. Maybe this year towards the tail of the year. Prose wise this year in order:

Don't Point That Thing at Me
    The Immortals of Meluha
    Oryx & Crake
    The Great Indian Novel
    War God
    A Grame of Thrones
    Hawksmoor
    About Face
    Didn't hear about any of these Well only Game of thrones if the "r" is just a typo

The Boys (#23-30)
    ----------------------
    Total: 8

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I'm so ready to achieve this goal this year! I have my spreadsheet set up and have already started tracking my reading - and, I definitely have more than 1000 books waiting to be read
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

I'm pumped about this! 2017 is looking to be the year of the reread for me. I want to read Usagi Yojimbo (this would be a third time for most of the material), IDW's TMNT ongoing, IDW's Star Trek Ongoing, and Jim Starlin's cosmic material.

That Star Trek series is really underrated. I feel like star trek fans who didn't enjoy the Abrams movies would still enjoy that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Didn't hear about any of these Well only Game of thrones if the "r" is just a typo
    No ... Totally meat that.

:|

So far the first book is a bit of a dud (Don't Point That Thing at Me) not sure when or why I bought it, it really isn't my usual type of book.

All-New Member

I read a personal best of 1774 issues last year, I aim to beat it this year.

So far:

DMZ Book 1 - 1 issue
    Deadly Class Deluxe Edition Book 1 - 1 issue
    Ultimate Spider-Man - 7 issues
    Ultimate X-Men - 3 issues
    Daredevil Omnibus by Bendis Volume 1 - 5 issues

So far 17
    Last edited by The Dames; 01-04-2017 at 11:03 PM.

I'm game for this year. I think I'll only count collections unless it gets super close at the end of the year and I'll tally my floppies.

I'm down for 12 right now having finished off the Unwritten Deluxe HC.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Just wanted to Say again Thanks for This Challenge Again Balakin and Indeed I already on my way to the challenge again as well!!!

EXTRA:

In Inspiration of this Challenge Balakin, I started a my own Challenge Thread as well, Please those Interested come on check it out, same concept, different Media Challenge!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Just wanted to Say again Thanks for This Challenge Again Balakin and Indeed I already on my way to the challenge again as well!!!

EXTRA:

In Inspiration of this Challenge Balakin, I started a my own Challenge Thread as well, Please those Interested come on check it out, same concept, different Media Challenge!

cool challenge but aren't 100 movies quite a low bar? there is a podcaster who watches Mortal Combat annihilation every day for a year! Okay that is clearly insanity but still. I think a movie every 2 days is more of a challenge so around 180/ year.

Ok. I'll give this a shot since I have a goal to read more.

So far:

Southern Bastards #5-14 (10)
    Vision #1-12 (12)
    Superman American Alien #1-3 (3)

25 total

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Week One Reading = 63 issues! I caught up on all the Rebirth Specials, read up on Lois and Clark, devoured Clean Room and SemiAutoMagic, and went back from some New52 JL.

I *'d for books that I considered to be in the 4-5 * range, which I would recommend.

Aquaman: Rebirth
    Batgirl & The Birds of Prey: Rebirth
    * Batman Reborn: Rebirth
    Batman: Rebirth
    Blue Beetle: Rebirth
    * Clean Room #1-6
    Convergence - Superman #1-2
    Cyborg: Rebirth
    DC Universe Rebirth Special
    * Deathstroke: Rebirth
    * Green Arrow: Rebirth
    Green Lanterns: Rebirth
    Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps: Rebirth
    Justice League (2011) #0-14 & 51
    * Justice League: Rebirth
    New Super-Man 1-2
    * Nightwing: Rebirth
    Red Hood & The Outlaws: Rebirth
    * SemiAutoMagic TPB (collected from anthology; I counted it as 4 issues)
    She-Wolf #1
    Suicide Squad: Rebirth
    Supergirl: Rebirth
    * Superman - Lois & Clark #1-8
    * Superman: Rebirth
    * Superwoman (2016) #1
    Teen Titans: Rebirth & #1
    * The Flash: Rebirth
    The Hellblazer: Rebirth
    Titans: Rebirth
    Wonder Woman: Rebirth
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Mighty Member

Kinda got burnt out on comics in general towards the end of last year. This has happened a couple of times in my life where i drop them altogether. While I'm not quite ready to go full-on that route, I do plan to pare back on purchases. Might not make it to a 1000, but this is still a fun way to keep track of what I've read over the course of the year.

Update:

Bloodshot Reborn HC v1 (13) - Good start to the year with this one. Hopefully you guys are giving Valiant a shot, because it's really a great place to read quality superhero stories in a cohesive, shared universe. Really reminds me of the early UU (which got me back into comics at one point), and it feels like the writers can tell their stories without being interrupted by the biannual event mandate at the big 2. Anyway, i didn't really read much of the first Bloodshot series as it came across as a more shoot 'em up type angle that didn't interest me. The first thing Lemire did when he took over with this volume (starting with the Valiant really) was to re-humanize him, and i thought it was exactly the direction this book needed.

13 for the year