Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

My first Entery of the year I hope i will make it to 1000 issues this year.

Baltimore vol. 6 HC # 5 issues
    IDW Transformers vol. 3 HC # 16 issues
    Bloodshot vol. 2 TPB # 5 issues
    Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Manace HC # 4 issues

This time around: 30 issues
    Total: 30 issues

I want to talk a little about each book but over all it turned out abit long...

------SPOILERS-----

Baltimore vol. 6 HC

It was a fun read. The Plot was interesting... may be a tiny bit harder than avarage to follow cause it jumped between two groups of Baltimore's crew, group 1 leaded by Baltimore to stop the blood red witch's evil in the city of St. Petesburg / Russia and group 2 was the rest of Baltimore's men who searched and found the first temple of The Red King in Carthage / Tunisia to gather information to stop The Red King. The book jumped between the activities of those two gruops from page to page and i don't really know a great deal about the Baltimore's men (cause the book didn't really talk about them that much) so at first i was like ''which group was that again ?!?!?'' lol but as the book went on i started to reconize all the characters and it was a smooter read. I'm not sure if mr. Hodge was dead or alive in the end of the book though... he was one of Baltimore's men. He was laying in a bed as white as marble when some of Baltimore's men stood next to the bed and one of them put a quilt on him but i don't know if that was to keep him warm or they were just covering him couse he was dead now... i guess i will learn that the next trade lol He is the guy who can understand the information Baltimore's men gathered at the first Temple of The Red King so if he is dead, everyone is probably screwed lol

The Art was fantastic as always, a perfect art for such a horror book. Very Grim and dark. I can't wait for the next volume.

IDW Transformes vol. 3 HC

All the spot light one shots were fun to read. The Transformers & Avengers crossover was medicore… It was the only part that was not written by Simon Furman and i got bored only at that part.

The Devistation Adventure after The TF & Avengers crossover was the best Transformeres event i have ever read so far. I really enjoyed it. Poor Sunstreaker… I hope The Autobots will save him from the mechanisation organisation. Those mechanisation guys really messed him up…That Scorponoc Headmaster guy really kicked Grimlock’s butt in The Spot Light: Grimlock one shot… He’s really formidable at least, unlike the Sunstreaker copy headmasters in The Davistation event cause Grimlock is a pretty tough dinobot. I like how all the spotlight one shots serves a purpose, they are not just self contained one shot stories but they also carry the overall story of The Transformers forward and connect to the events. That’s really fun to see, you are like ‘’oh that was happend in The Spot Light: Shock Wave and now continues in The Davistation event in another volume and then The Spot Light: Grimlock revealed what happend after them !’’ I love how everything is connected. Thinking about it, i really have a nerdgasm right now ! lol

Only thing i can say bad about The maincourse The Devistation event is; it didn’t have a proper end like all the comics’s biggest events, it just makes way, talks about an another big event in the end… which is not that bad actually at least in The Devistation event for me because i want more, much much more but if there are jaded TF fans out there, i can imagine how they roll their eyes. lol

Bloodshot vol. 2 TPB

The fun continues. The plot is the new allies of Bloodshot who he made in vol. 1 (are just two women, 1 psiot, 1 paramedic) kidnapped by The RSP from their hidding place and they were taken to a RSP secret base which was about to be infiltrated by Bloodshot (their kidnaping was part of Bloodshot's plan)

so Bloodshot infiltrated to the RSP secret base to learn who he is cause it's said to him by one of his other new allies, a former RSP worker scientist that the information about the Bloodshot's real identity was a secret which was kept in that secret RSP base's computers but after Bloodshot fought his way through the secret base to the computer room ( he fought against some RSP project super weird and creepy looking cyborg soldiers in very very brutal and bloody way with the distant help of his two women allies... i could hear The Dark Tranquilty play in my head at those fights, they were all totally METAL !!! lol) only thing he found was kidnapped psiot children and he saved them (fighting against a very strong build old lady called Gamma who took care of the psiot children and fed and got super tough on the fear of other psiots. She was about to finish the Bloodshot in a very brutal way but the psiot children realised that Bloodshot was there to save them and gathered and kicked the butt of the old hag gamma in a very brutal way)

it turned out that the scientist ( i can't remember his weird name lol) who helped Bloodshot was actually working for Toyo Harada (a super strong japanese psiot capitalist business man and yeah, ofcourse he's evil) for more info on Harada, The Harbinger series vol. 1 and 2 must be read and it must be read before Bloodshot vol. 1 and 2 and both Bloodshot and Harbinger connects to the event of Harbinger Wars after vol 2s. so The Bloodshot series is connected to the larger Valiant universe so early on. If you don't like series which make you read other series and tie in to big events and very intense violance, this series is not for you.

I really enjoyed the volume and can't wait for more.

Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Manace HC

You will enjoy the comics more if you watch the movie before reading the comics because you will know the absent little scenes between the panels and that will make you understand what's going on better... the art was ok but aspecially it was not very good at totally interpret action scenes like duel of the fates but if you watched the movie before reading, you can fill in the gaps between panels and enjoy the comics more as i said before.

Jar jar... lol you know what... i realised i don't hate jar jar as much as i used to anymore. I hated Jar Jar when i watched the movie in theaters at 1999 when i was 15. I realised reading the comics adaptation 18 years later, Now, if jar jar is a price i have to pay to see Yoda, Jabba The Hutt and Sidius in action one more time and to see a villain as cool as Darth Maul, so be it. I believe that's not that big of a price for that, it's a good bargain lol.
    Last edited by Batarang; 02-13-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    ah so glad you are into it! Next thing you notice is you are in the middle of building a gunpla And don't say "no I would never" until you try it. I was never ever a model builder but I love putting together these high grade kits and MSG origins gave me the motivation to start it.
    Also the art! Reading other manga made me appreciate it even more how effortless the art in Origin is.

Attachment 45149
    Too late! Myself and a close friend of mine have already bought several High Grade Gundam Wing sets. They've been sitting on a shelf for almost a year now. The fact that a lot of the plastic doesn't match is kind of a turn off. I'm not much for painting. I keep trying to get myself motivated to paint miniatures but i've never gotten around to it.

We bought those before I knew that there were different grades. Do the Master Grade sets have plastic that accurately matches the colors? Been eyeing a MG Tallgeese one.

As a test to see if i would like it or not I put together a very easy Proto Man kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Too late! Myself and a close friend of mine have already bought several High Grade Gundam Wing sets. They've been sitting on a shelf for almost a year now. The fact that a lot of the plastic doesn't match is kind of a turn off. I'm not much for painting. I keep trying to get myself motivated to paint miniatures but i've never gotten around to it.

We bought those before I knew that there were different grades. Do the Master Grade sets have plastic that accurately matches the colors? Been eyeing a MG Tallgeese one.

As a test to see if i would like it or not I put together a very easy Proto Man kit.
    By "the plastic doesn't match" you mean the colours?
    I only do HG kits since my modelling skills are quite limited and I wouldn't try to paint. However with some panel lining it looks better than just the natural plastic but I actually don't mind the plastic look. Weathering might help you as well, it's easier than full on painting. There re loads of youtube tutorials.

By "the plastic doesn't match" you mean the colours?
    I only do HG kits since my modelling skills are quite limited and I wouldn't try to paint. However with some panel lining it looks better than just the natural plastic but I actually don't mind the plastic look. Weathering might help you as well, it's easier than full on painting. There re loads of youtube tutorials.
    I was talking about the color issue. One I recently looked at was Tallgeese III. The white plastic looks more like a gray.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I was talking about the color issue. One I recently looked at was Tallgeese III. The white plastic looks more like a gray.
    yeah there are some issues but overall for me, there are so many different variations that a some colour differences don't really bother me. But I can absolutely understand if it bothers someone. BTW I don't know ho many they released but you might want to look into the HG Revive series. They are improved versions of older HG kits like the Rx78, Gouf or Gyan.

Aaaaaand we are hopefully back on track with the thread now sorry folks

Latest:
    Shadowman dlx v1 11
    To quote one of the greatest villains from the last few years: MEDIOCRE!
    Everything about this book is just painfully mediocre. Like a N52 DC book that gets cancelled at issue 12 before it could get good. I am honestly looking forward to Milligan's vol2, I heard it's horrible but seriously, at least that's something! This could have been a cool Hellblazer-Darkness mesh up, sort of, but no, it's just a generic superhero book dressed up as a horror book with booooooring art.
    Quantum and Woody dlx 13
    Okay I think this is where is loose all credibility but I FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK! It's a bit like Fraction's Hawkeye just more fluff but doesn't loose momentum. I actually laughed out loud several times. The only thing I didn't quite like is Doyle's art in the middle arc but then we get Wilfredo Torres so that's a fair enough compensation.
    Otherworld Barbara v1: 15
    Well, this book is...different. I don't even know how to begin. It's like Inception but crazier, weirder and ...more weird. It's a good read (except the first chapter which is absolutely confusing) and has tons of great ideas and twists but really the 2nd volume with the resolution will decide if it's a good series or not. I would definitely recommend to people who want something different with interesting sci-fi and supernatural concepts.
    Stumptown v3: 5
    Good, fast, engaging. I want more! I've even liked the art, heard lot of people quite disliked it but I had zero problems with it.
    X-o manowar dlx v1-2, Armor hunters dlx, Unity dlx v1: 55
    Crossovers, superhero teams, Conan mixed with green lantern, the world never be the same again, etc etc. Good stuff, maybe not as good as Harbinger but still an engaging read. Some parts are stronger than others but a great ride with good world building, high stakes and consequences.
    Divinity v1 4
    meh...not bad but nothing exciting. This deluxe is very rushed, Valiant should have waited for the series to be finished, these four issues give us a nice premise but adds nothing to it that we haven't seen in other stories (sort of like a superhero version of Interstellar? Irritatingly predictable sci-fi stuff, clumsy but overall not bad).

That's 103
    Total so far: 230
    Best of the batch: Quantum and Woody

Latest:

Quantum and Woody dlx 13
    Okay I think this is where is loose all credibility but I FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK! It's a bit like Fraction's Hawkeye just more fluff but doesn't loose momentum. I actually laughed out loud several times. The only thing I didn't quite like is Doyle's art in the middle arc but then we get Wilfredo Torres so that's a fair enough compensation.

That's 103
    Total so far: 230
    Best of the batch: Quantum and Woody
    I'm looking forward to cracking this open, I m guessing that it is the original series you are reading here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I'm looking forward to cracking this open, I m guessing that it is the original series you are reading here?
    narp. Haven't read any of the originals yet. It's the new one by Asmus.
    I probably wouldn't touch the original since it's Priest and I've only read one thing from him which I absolutely hated (I think we had a long discussion about that).

Mighty Member

update:

Invincible HC v7 (14) - Finally made it to the long foreshadowed viltrumite war. Was a little surprised with the conclusion to that (in a good way), and overall the quality of the book has managed to hold up for the most part, going on 80+ issues.

Ninjak HC v1 (13) - Was excited for this, and the first arc was good, but after that the rest of the story became bogged down with supernatural/mystical elements. Not really what I was looking for (or expecting) in a Ninjak tale.

91 + 27 + 118 for the year

2017 top 5:

1. Peter Panzerfaust HC v1
    2. Bloodshot Reborn HC v1
    3. Invincible HC v7 (jumps TMNT due to its annual that was kind of a slog, but really not much separating 2-4, all good reads)
    4. TMNT HC v4
    5. Secret TP
    Last edited by awayne83; 02-18-2017 at 02:51 AM.

Omnibus binging will make this challenge easy. I have a fat backlog to work through.

Ms Marvel OHC 1-11 issues so far
    Punisher Remender Omnibus-29 issues so far
    Punisher MAX Aaron Omnibus-12 issues so far
    Gotham Central Omnibus-40 issues
    Lee/Kirby F4 Omnibus 2-33 issues

TOTAL: 125

narp. Haven't read any of the originals yet. It's the new one by Asmus.
    I probably wouldn't touch the original since it's Priest and I've only read one thing from him which I absolutely hated (I think we had a long discussion about that).
    I thought the new series was only one book? Q2?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I thought the new series was only one book? Q2?
    I think it's just called Quantum and Woody, Q2 is something older (not sure though). It's collected in 3 trades or one deluxe but if I'm not mistaken there is another books with them and A&A called the Delinquents.

Mighty Member

I think it's just called Quantum and Woody, Q2 is something older (not sure though). It's collected in 3 trades or one deluxe but if I'm not mistaken there is another books with them and A&A called the Delinquents.
    Q2 was a continuation of the original run by the original creators.

The reading order for the new valiant Q&W goes: Q&W HC v1 followed by Q&W Must Die! and then The Delinquents

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Detective 950 (1)
    Wolverine by Greg Rucka Ultimate Collection (19)
    Wolverine by Jason Aaron Complete Collection Vol. 3 (17)
    Wolverine by Jason Aaron Complete Collection Vol. 4 (16)
    Wolverine/Sabretooth by Jeph Loeb (10)
    Total: 63

Overall total: 168

Currently 400 pages into the Alpha Flight omnibus but I'll hold off the count until I complete it.

Detective 947-949
    The Unwritten OHC
    Frankenstein: Agent of Shade (both tpbs)
    Infamous Iron Man 1-4
    Guardians of the Galaxy omnibus: 48

Total: 80
    TWD 161-163
    Moon Knight 9-11
    Old Man Logan 15-17
    Action Comics 970-972
    Star Wars 26-28
    Daredevil 14-16
    one third of the Incal (four issues)
    Total: 25

Overall total: 105

Overall total: 168
    Invincible Iron Man 4
    Walking Dead 164
    Daredevil 17
    Super Sons 1
    Superman 17
    Old Man Logan 18
    Clone Conspiracy 5

Alpha Flight omnibus (45)

Total: 52

Grand total: 220

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Q2 was a continuation of the original run by the original creators.

The reading order for the new valiant Q&W goes: Q&W HC v1 followed by Q&W Must Die! and then The Delinquents
    Cheers guys!