Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Honestly? Short of killing Hank or just plain making him a villain (which he's pretty darned close to being right now), the only fate I'd accept is if Emma lobotomizes him and he lives out the rest of his days as Medusa's housecat, coughing up blue hairballs on her furniture and occasionally getting chased around by Lockjaw (who has an unfair advantage due to his teleportation ability).
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Like Scarlet Witch it would be best to just kill him and replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    My issue isn't the standing up part, it's the how. It can't be wrong when Scott does it and right when anyone else does it - not if you want to claim any moral high ground at least.

Meanwhile, Logan under Aaron had a conversation with him and spelled out the differences and I liked it (sadly, later people just devolved Logan in rrrhate), even though Logan still does dirty stuff - but his reasoning that he was already soiled and no one else needs to be was relatable.

Kitty phased her hand into his head and demanded answers in Uncanny - again, she at least wasn't holding different people to different standards (which is what really irks me with Hank right now) and it came across well.

Hank just comes across as a hypocrite, which is what makes it so bad. And one that seems to be unable to notice he supports much of the same stuff himself, so long as it isn't Scott.
    Are you talking about recent events? I have quite a bit of catching up to do in my comics reading.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 01-04-2017 at 08:43 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Are you talking about recent events? I have quite a bit of catching up to do in my comics reading.
    Logan and Scott talking was in one of the last issues of Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men run, and Kitty phasing her hand into Scott's head is from Bendis's Uncanny run (exact issue escapes me, but it's the cover where a gun is up to Scott's head). So it's been a couple of years from those issues.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Agreed. As far as I'm concerned, Beast is the one who stood up to Cyclops. That alone makes him a hero to me.
    Beast's reaction upon figuring out someone he "stood up to" turned out to be right about something:

Heroic indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Beast's reaction upon figuring out someone he "stood up to" turned out to be right about something:

Heroic indeed.
    Hank Sr. has become a pathetic and petty traitor, willing to sell out his species AND his friends to almost anyone who comes along. He needs to die, chill for a few years, then come back with a much better attitude while making restitution for his glaring mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

If writers can make readers accept Sabretooth as an X-Man/hero, then Beast's situation should be easy.

BANNED

I'd put him in an XFORCE type team. There he'd admit to his failures, and get his hands dirty trying to help mutants. Getting his hands dirty to protect mutants would help him realize how wrong he was for hating on Cyclops and the XMEN when they have to make tough decisions. I'd love if that XFORCE team was led by Emma. After his stint on XFORCE, he'd return to the main XMEN teams humbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    Surely. but is it a bit a wishful thinking though? since Adult Beast hasn't been shown up in any ResurrXion title yet.
    Well, that's because they want to do away with all the continuity of the existing older characters, and cram the "Dream Teen Team" down our throats.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I say Adult Beast, should acknowledge his wrongdoings and make him be a hero again. Mostly because these days Marvel things morally questionable actions make characters automatically complex.

BANNED

Just kill him off, we've got the younger sexier version anyway. Ditto for Angel.

Extraordinary Member

A big stinking failure/

BANNED

From Civil war II , it seems he works well with Captain Marvel, Send him to the avengers, maybe pull simon out of rogue, bring in scarlet witch, quicksilver, add cap or cap/falcon, hawkeye, it would give it an old time avengers feel....rebuild him through interaction with simon letting him work out his issues on paper, their best buds routine would help him as a character. Let 05 hank mccoy be the xmen beast and old hank the avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopcap View Post
    From Civil war II , it seems he works well with Captain Marvel, Send him to the avengers, maybe pull simon out of rogue, bring in scarlet witch, quicksilver, add cap or cap/falcon, hawkeye, it would give it an old time avengers feel....rebuild him through interaction with simon letting him work out his issues on paper, their best buds routine would help him as a character. Let 05 hank mccoy be the xmen beast and old hank the avengers.
    Actually sending him to Alpha Flight would make some sense. The best Hank's been in decades was in Gillen's SWORD.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post

Heroic indeed.
    That just shows that he's willing to reconsider his opinions when he sees new evidence. As far as I'm concerned, Marvel is using the same tactic against Hank that they used against Madelyne Pryor: Make one character look bad to make another--Scott-- look good. I'm glad Scott's sins are finally being acknowledged.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 01-06-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan