Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    Marvel could not make themselves look more left-wing unless they had a support Hillary 2020 sticker on their comic.
    2021, lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Art work looks mostly nice. Hope you enjoy the issue when you get it J.D. Guy
    I hope so to, and thanks.

And I completely agree with the art! I love how it makes everyone look, and of course, Rage and Falcon are no exceptions that. I really love this full-bodied page of Falcon from the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    This looks great. Its continuing to be one of my favorite books. Glad to see Joaquin will finally get a bit more spotlight. I cannot help thinking his being ignored by both the story and the wider MU. I still have fingers crossed that he may end up allying with the Champions at some point.
    Technically, he isn't really ignored by this story so much as he tends to be on the back burner a lot of the time. His introduction was slow-rolled, as was his transition into becoming the new Falcon. In one perspective, this is fine for introducing long-standing new characters if the worry of showcasing too much too soon might be a potential turn off, but on the other hand, it is unfortunate for those who come to like them who feel he's not getting enough page time, like myself.

The larger Marvel Universe thing is true, I can agree to that. Sam Chung/Blindspot and Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider have these same issues of being cool new heroes that don't really exist outside the books they were introduced in. I was genuinely shocked to see Joaquin cameo in Champion's first issue, and hope that leads to more exposure of his character over there. Also, Robbie is beginning to interact with the Marvel Universe at large, at least those who happen to come into his neck of the woods first, so that's a start.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, maybe Spencer can finally make me invest in the new Falcon with this issue (though somehow I expect Rage will steal the show) .

Though I think as much as the kid needs focus and development, Joaquin's dynamic with Sam could use some attention as well.

I'm just curious, but Widow's pretty much an Americanized citizen at this point, isn't she?
    This is actually the part of the book I'd love to see more of. The one good thing I liked about Remender's run on Captain America was he brought up the idea of Sam wanting a family. I really thought that opened up a lot of story potential for Sam as a solo hero.

And when Joaquin came onto the scene (a young, brash hero in training who was now connected to Sam) I thought there'd be more a kind of mentor/mentee father-son dynamic.

From what I've seen, Sam's never had a protege, and being responsible for someone brings on an entirely different set of problems (and Sam's got those by the buckets these days).

I'm kind of hoping Sam talks with Joaquin about how the media is treating him (I mean, it's hard on Sam to deal with all of that, let alone a teenager). Perhaps try to comfort Joaquin a little? I'd love to see more bonding between the two of them.

From what Spencer's done so far, it seems that Joaquin couldn't be happier to work with Sam, and Sam...seems to be hesitant (and again, rightfully so). I did like how in a previous issue they went out to a wrestling match. I thought that was a nice little scene.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    This is actually the part of the book I'd love to see more of. The one good thing I liked about Remender's run on Captain America was he brought up the idea of Sam wanting a family. I really thought that opened up a lot of story potential for Sam as a solo hero.

And when Joaquin came onto the scene (a young, brash hero in training who was now connected to Sam) I thought there'd be more a kind of mentor/mentee father-son dynamic.

From what I've seen, Sam's never had a protege, and being responsible for someone brings on an entirely different set of problems (and Sam's got those by the buckets these days).

I'm kind of hoping Sam talks with Joaquin about how the media is treating him (I mean, it's hard on Sam to deal with all of that, let alone a teenager). Perhaps try to comfort Joaquin a little? I'd love to see more bonding between the two of them.

From what Spencer's done so far, it seems that Joaquin couldn't be happier to work with Sam, and Sam...seems to be hesitant (and again, rightfully so). I did like how in a previous issue they went out to a wrestling match. I thought that was a nice little scene.
    I missed Sam's last run, but that is a great takeaway from it.

Sam does come off as reluctant, as I mentioned/hinted before, but I do hope that they bond more closely and personally than semi-reluctant mentor and enthusiastic mentee as has been the occasional norm.

The scene you mentioned was from issue 15, D-Man's issue. Joaquin brought Sam and Rage to see D-Man perform, and in the end, the 3 actually end the day eating out amiably, which was sweet.

Love your post here.

BANNED

Is this getting cancelled? I hope not. I really like this book and can't wait till the whole hydra cap stuff heats up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by batalia View Post
    Is this getting cancelled? I hope not. I really like this book and can't wait till the whole hydra cap stuff heats up.
    Uh, no?

Where did that come from?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Uh, no?

Where did that come from?
    Probably from hearing about other Marvel Comicbooks that were good with the story/artwork content; but didn't obtain the significient numbers to keep the sales of the series going.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Probably from hearing about other Marvel Comicbooks that were good with the story/artwork content; but didn't obtain the significient numbers to keep the sales of the series going.
    Even if the sales are so-so (and I have no clue whether or not that is the case) I imagine marvel would be very reluctant to cancel this book given how big this Captain Hydra thing seems to be. This and the other Cap book is probably planting seeds for some sort of event down the line.

From what I recall, both Caps are doing solid, if not super-impressive, numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    From what I recall, both Caps are doing solid, if not super-impressive, numbers.
    I believe Captain America: Steve Rogers is doing extremely well (not surprising), but Captain America : Sam Wilson isn't near the danger zone at all.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I believe Captain America: Steve Rogers is doing extremely well (not surprising), but Captain America : Sam Wilson isn't near the danger zone at all.
    I imagine the HydraCap business is what's doing wonders for Steve Rogers' numbers.

Makes me wonder how a more traditional Cap run afterwards would fare...

Mighty Member

I enjoyed the issue it was fun and I like the social commentary even if it was heavy handed and the Bombshells were a bit over the top.

That said, this was advertise as a New Falcon issue I felt that Rage had the stronger showing overall.

Miles Morales' pal Lana needs to have a word with those gals about nicking her name. I don't think Bombshell would approve of crooks or terrorists giving her a bad name.

Its glad to hear that the book is doing well. My favorite comics have a habit of being ones that do not always sell well, so hopefully Sam-Cap remains doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Even if the sales are so-so (and I have no clue whether or not that is the case) I imagine marvel would be very reluctant to cancel this book given how big this Captain Hydra thing seems to be. This and the other Cap book is probably planting seeds for some sort of event down the line.
    I was wondering if that would be the case. I would imagine that eventual Hydra-Cap would be outed by the superhero community, and the fallout/battle to save him would be perfect for a big event.

As good as confirmed, the "This year in..." feature in U.S.Avengers has four things listed. The last one is Enter... Steve Rogers. Looks like Hail Hydra (I figure they'll reuse the name and logo from this Secret Wars book) is the summer event, and the U.S.Avengers will be dragged into it.