Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Reading solicits, makes me think that we'll start seeing he build-up to the Hydra-Cap event over the next few issues. Though I am kinda wondering what will happen to Sam being Captain America. either he'll give it up and give Steve the shield back, or the fallout is that no one trusts Steve due his Hydra loyalties and people back Sam has the "Real Captain America" while Steve works to redeem himself. I like that latter option, it would be a nice pay-off after reading about how much Sam is antagonized for 20+ issues.

See, Spencer can have liberals be over-the-top Supervillains too .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    From what I recall, both Caps are doing solid, if not super-impressive, numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I believe Captain America: Steve Rogers is doing extremely well (not surprising), but Captain America : Sam Wilson isn't near the danger zone at all.
    Really? Cause the way Axel Alonso is talking along with Nick Spencer seems to suggest other wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Really? Cause the way Axel Alonso is talking along with Nick Spencer seems to suggest other wise.
    What did he say?

BANNED

Fun issue. From Superior Foes of Spider-Man to Ant Man to his Cap books, Spencer has been the rare modern comic writer to get me to laugh out loud and this issue had a host of funny lines. The offense taken by some at this issue's mocking, but far from nasty, depiction of far left radicals seems only to prove Spencer's point - that the left breeds its own share of humorless partisans who hate being tweaked.

I've enjoyed these last couple of "spotlight" issues but I'll really be looking forward to the next arc. Now that things are really heating up with Hydra Cap, the ramifications on Sam should be intense. I wonder if the book will be relaunching at some point in the spring. If Steve gets Sam to give up being Cap or if all the pressure simply compels him to quit, I wonder if Sam will take on his own version of the Nomad ID. Personally I'd love to see that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I enjoyed the issue it was fun and I like the social commentary even if it was heavy handed and the Bombshells were a bit over the top.

That said, this was advertise as a New Falcon issue I felt that Rage had the stronger showing overall.
    I'll need to read this for myself first, as I haven't gotten around to it yet, but how accurate would you say this is.

That's cool for Rage, if so, though, since he himself could use the spotlight, but Joaquin needed it too, and he's Sam's partner/sidekick/mentee/etc.. Thought he technically still has ample room for spotlighting and showcasing, in reality, who knows if and/or when he'll get another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Fun issue. From Superior Foes of Spider-Man to Ant Man to his Cap books, Spencer has been the rare modern comic writer to get me to laugh out loud and this issue had a host of funny lines. The offense taken by some at this issue's mocking, but far from nasty, depiction of far left radicals seems only to prove Spencer's point - that the left breeds its own share of humorless partisans who hate being tweaked.

I've enjoyed these last couple of "spotlight" issues but I'll really be looking forward to the next arc. Now that things are really heating up with Hydra Cap, the ramifications on Sam should be intense. I wonder if the book will be relaunching at some point in the spring. If Steve gets Sam to give up being Cap or if all the pressure simply compels him to quit, I wonder if Sam will take on his own version of the Nomad ID. Personally I'd love to see that.
    I'm a liberal and I wasn't bothered by the Bombshells. they weren't all that creative; design-wise, though. that bummed me out. I preferred the overly pro-environment Green Skull. politically, Spencer was a hardcore Hillary supporter. he was just as dismissive of Bernie supporters as he was of trump supporters. so I would expect him to introduce villains on both sides of the aisles.

After reading the issue, I went to Twitter and laugh for a solid 2 minutes. People from the left complaining about the Bombshells representation , people from the right taking screenshots and thinking its a praise instead of a parody , people complaining about "having politics in my comic books"...

Apart from that , solid issue, but wishing more focus on Sam ; we had 3 issues with Cap as a side character and its time to see him as the main once again
    I will judge you ... with the power of my POSTS!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TerrigenPanda View Post
    Apart from that , solid issue, but wishing more focus on Sam ; we had 3 issues with Cap as a side character and its time to see him as the main once again
    A break from Sam to focus on some fleshing out some of his prominent side characters makes sense. It's not like Sam was never going to be back in focus.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TerrigenPanda View Post
    After reading the issue, I went to Twitter and laugh for a solid 2 minutes. People from the left complaining about the Bombshells representation , people from the right taking screenshots and thinking its a praise instead of a parody , people complaining about "having politics in my comic books"...

The next big arc starts with #18.

BANNED

i wonder if there is a subliminal message in the fact that falcon the refugee is a vampire.

Issue was pretty good. What's funnier was seeing people on the far right AND far left losing their minds on social media.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    i wonder if there is a subliminal message in the fact that falcon the refugee is a vampire.
    I thought that was just Red Wing?

All the same, I doubt it. Spencer's just bad when it comes to that crap. You could tweak the Falcon's intro issue into being an anti-illegal immigration platform almost effortlessly.

Joaquin had his DNA fused with Redwing's. As such, he gained wings, feathers, large eyes... and thanks to Redwing's vampirism, a healing factor. It was established that the healing factor actually prevents an antidote from taking effect. Amputate, they'd just grow back. So yeah, he's not like Dracula or Jubilee, but Joaquin is a vampire. The avian DNA removes the negative effects of the vampirism, like the aversion to daylight and the need for blood.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Joaquin_Torres_(Earth-616)

Wow, that sounds overly complicated.