Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    Is the fire guy "Salamander" from Scarlet Spider?
    I hadn't thought of that! You mean the little kid from issue 1, right? Cuz clearly the fire guy in issue 2 is "Firebug" or whatever. But, yea, if it's that kid from issue 1, I guess it's possible? That would be pretty cool. Although, where did it say Lee and that kid grew up? Cuz Salamander is from somewhere Southwest-y, right?
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Mighty Member

Seriously. Now, I think I said up above, it's been so long since Eddie was Venom that don't you think it would have happened by now if they were going to do it? Also, do you think Gargan is enough of a "classic" Venom that the writers would worry about giving the symbiote back to him? I feel like Flash Thompson is already the second most identifiable host. Your thoughts?
    If Marvel was going to keep Thompson, they would have. And, how well known are Gargan and Thompson as hosts, outside of the comic shops where we buy our stuff? (The last time that Venom showed up on TV or in a movie, who was under the symbiote?)

My thinking is that this comic's editorial goal is to set the symbiote back to being malignant. After the symbiote is re-malignified, it can re-join with Brock or Gargan (likely the former), and Marvel has its "classic" Venom back.

I trust Costa to write a comic worth reading. But, I am expecting the end result (after Costa wraps up whatever high-concept he has) to be a return to a more traditional Venom.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/