Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It was the nadir of the 90s comics age for me, that whole stupid thing. Ugh, I actually tangibly bought it at the time.
    Oh, I hear ya. Though I'd actually argue this was when things were actually getting better. They were still often pretty stupid, and Onslaught was dumb beyond belief, but by this point the writers seemed to be aware of how dumb it was.

Upon further reflection, I'd like to submit a name change to Marvel for the character, from Onslaught to Yawnslot. First syllable is for obvious reasons. Second syllable because it rhymes but is not quite the same, and does not invoke fear/trepidation/etc. within the reader. Heck, let's call him Yawnsalot!
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Upon further reflection, I'd like to submit a name change to Marvel for the character, from Onslaught to Yawnslot. First syllable is for obvious reasons. Second syllable because it rhymes but is not quite the same, and does not invoke fear/trepidation/etc. within the reader. Heck, let's call him Yawnsalot!
    Well, he always has the Marvel vs Capcom games.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Power-wise, Onslaught (with the combined might of Xavier, Magneto, Franklin and Nate) is perfectly capable of beating most of the people on that list. In fact, with what we now know of Franklin's power alone, he could beat all of them. Comfortably.

IIRC, the Celestials viewed Franklin's power as potentially being on par with their own. The Stranger and Dark Phoenix are the only ones on the list who might be able to hold their own against him.

Onslaught was an interesting idea that ended up suffering from the 90's "Extreme" fad.

I believe Phoenix, Dark Phoenix and Stranger to all be more powerful than Onslaught, at least the Onslaught powers that were shown.

Onslaught was the comic that made me stop reading superheroes.