Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, she basically sat there in front of Viper while Viper continuously fired the pistol into her.

...I'm not sure why, when she could have done any number of things, but it made for a dramatic scene.
    Well, there had to be some reason why the fans would start to trust someone who had been one of Marvel's worst villains the previous year. Dramatically shielding Wolverine and Mariko from certain death and earning Wolverine's trust did a lot to make the fans start to love her.

Saving Colossus from certain death a few issues later sealed it and Rogue became a fan favorite X-Man.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Well, there had to be some reason why the fans would start to trust someone who had been one of Marvel's worst villains the previous year. Dramatically shielding Wolverine and Mariko from certain death and earning Wolverine's trust did a lot to make the fans start to love her.
    Also, it seemed to have happened pretty quickly; Viper fired the shot, Rogue outpaced it, pushed Wolverine and Mariko into the next room, and then started blocking the beam (which by her own account, was strong enough for her to feel it so it wasn't as if she could push it back). While she's blocking the beam, Wolverine runs out and starts looking for a way to help Rogue and then Viper's gun overloads so the whole sequence of events seems to have occurred in a fairly short span of time (even accounting for Wolverine's weakened state).
    Last edited by anon_me; 01-17-2017 at 09:22 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post

Saving Colossus from certain death a few issues later sealed it and Rogue became a fan favorite X-Man.
    Total agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by anon_me View Post
    Also, it seemed to have happened pretty quickly; Viper fired the shot, Rogue outpaced it, pushed Wolverine and Mariko into the next room, and then started blocking the beam (which by her own account, was strong enough for her to feel it so it wasn't as if she could push it back). While she's blocking the beam, Wolverine runs out and starts looking for a way to help Rogue and then Viper's gun overloads so the whole sequence of events seems to have occurred in a fairly short span of time (even accounting for Wolverine's weakened state).
    I remember myself at the time thinking 'If she has time for an internal monologue, and she is shown to be flying around at superspeed, and Logan/Mariko are in another room, why doesn't she just DO something?'

It felt a little contrived.

It didn't feel a LOT contrived; not like the bizarre 'Deathstroke owns the JLA' thing during Identity Crisis or whatever it was - but it did feel a little contrived. Not enough to spoil the drama, just enough for me to say 'Wait, but...' then go on and continue reading.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate