Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What do you want from ASM in 2017?

Well, we can presume/safely assume that Ben Reilly will remain among the living in the pages of ASM in 2017 and, based on the solicits for ASM #25, that most of the current status quo is remaining in place. But that begs the question: are you looking forward to this? What new developments do you want to see happen as 2017 moves along? My gut feeling is that there will likely be yet another relaunch with a new #1 to coincide with the new movie next spring and perhaps a shakeup in regards to Parker Industries which I just cannot see continuing long-term. I personally would like to see a return to more street-level stories and for Slott to throttle back on the widescreen summer blockbuster feeling which has defined his run the last few years; I hope he returns to slightly smaller and more grounded stories as he did back in the beginning of "Big Time" (yes, those now look smaller by comparison!). I could also do without so many spider-family members running around the book: no need for Ben and Kaine and Miles and Spidey 2099 and Spider-Gwen and Silk, etc. What do you guys want to see?

MJ MJ MJ MJ MJ MJ MJ MJ

Edit: why can't I ever write everything in caps?

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

I would hope for a Ben series where Ben is now his own hero, not Scarlet Spider, but something else, and he is trying to figure out and hunt Professor Warren or Jackal Prime himself, with a time or two along the way where perhaps Kaine or Peter are teaming up with him as part of the story. I want Ben to travel places too. I just feel that Ben and/or Kaine can be the ones who focus on the Clone business while Peter works on his own stories.

Peter should, IMO, be more of a freelance or private inventor. He is still helpful that way, but he is terrible as a manager/supervisor, and being a private inventor puts less on him in that department.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 01-02-2017 at 08:37 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Well, we can presume/safely assume that Ben Reilly will remain among the living in the pages of ASM in 2017 and, based on the solicits for ASM #25, that most of the current status quo is remaining in place. But that begs the question: are you looking forward to this? What new developments do you want to see happen as 2017 moves along? My gut feeling is that there will likely be yet another relaunch with a new #1 to coincide with the new movie next spring and perhaps a shakeup in regards to Parker Industries which I just cannot see continuing long-term. I personally would like to see a return to more street-level stories and for Slott to throttle back on the widescreen summer blockbuster feeling which has defined his run the last few years; I hope he returns to slightly smaller and more grounded stories as he did back in the beginning of "Big Time" (yes, those now look smaller by comparison!). I could also do without so many spider-family members running around the book: no need for Ben and Kaine and Miles and Spidey 2099 and Spider-Gwen and Silk, etc. What do you guys want to see?
    I don't know if ASM will relaunch again (although I wouldn't be surprised if it did) but certainly there's going to be a new Spider-related #1 of some kind (maybe a few of 'em) to be released in tandem with the movie. I'm very excited to see what Marvel has planned for Spidey this year as there's no way they're not going to give the character an enormous push with Homecoming.

I do expect that this year will see the end of the Parker Industries storyline. Whether that means a return to "street-level" Spidey afterwards, who knows? What I like about Slott's run is that he doesn't let the book become stagnant. No era of his book goes on for too long without a major shake-up so I think we're about due for things with PI to either end or just undergo a considerable change.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is another solo book for Miles. It's cool to see him with The Avengers and now The Champions but I'd love to see how another writer besides Bendis would handle a Miles solo title. That'll probably never happen as Bendis has the character pretty well locked down (I should say that I still love Bendis' Miles) but I'd be curious to see what a Miles satellite book would be like.

I'd also like to see some kind of crossover between ASM and RYV. I don't want to see RYV's storyline (or ASM's) to get too sidelined but I think it would be exciting for our Peter to get a glimpse of that world and visa versa.

No matter what happens in 2017, I'm just pumped for what will surely be a HUGE year for Spidey.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    MJ MJ MJ MJ MJ MJ MJ MJ

Edit: why can't I ever write everything in caps?
    LOL. I'm in agreement with you in terms of wanting more MJ.

I suspect ASM will relaunch again in time for the movie but that's only a guess at this point. Right now my main wish is to continue enjoying Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman and Renew Your Vows and hope to start enjoying ASM more than I am currently.

Oh, and of course, I wish for Homecoming to be good as well

I'd like to see the RYV series live long and prosper (its the only comic I'm following right now).

A little outside the ASM box, but I hope the movie is good.

For ASM, specifically?

- A new creative team in-time for Homecoming. And a good creative team.

- Peter to be written consistently as a competent, effective, Superhero and not a dopey idiot.

- MJ to be back in a prominent role in the book.

- Someone finally fixes Black Cat.

- Someone remembers Silver Sable's existence.

- The Bugle and classic supporting cast to appear more frequently.

- More solo Spidey and less of other Spiders and Superheroes showing up in the book. The main book should not be Marvel Team-Up.

- Parker Industries to be gone, never to be talked about again.

- Effective uses of Vulture, Shocker, and Tinkerer come time for movie synergy.

- A return of the classic costume rather then see continued use of the glow-in-the-dark Spidey armor.

A good movie.

A satisfying end to Parker Industries.

An interesting next stage for Peter.

No relaunch of the main title.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For ASM, specifically?

- A new creative team in-time for Homecoming. And a good creative team.
    Seeing as Slott's ASM landed at #39 of CBR's fan-voted list of all-time great comic runs, I don't think Marvel is thinking of dumping him anytime soon or that the book is suffering from not having a "good" creative team. Just saying. A new creative team in time for the movie would make sense only if Slott was ready to go and/or if Marvel wasn't happy with his work - neither of which seems to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Peter to be written consistently as a competent, effective, Superhero and not a dopey idiot.

- MJ to be back in a prominent role in the book.

- Someone finally fixes Black Cat.

- Someone remembers Silver Sable's existence.

- The Bugle and classic supporting cast to appear more frequently.

- More solo Spidey and less of other Spiders and Superheroes showing up in the book. The main book should not be Marvel Team-Up.

- Parker Industries to be gone, never to be talked about again.

- Effective uses of Vulture, Shocker, and Tinkerer come time for movie synergy.

- A return of the classic costume rather then see continued use of the glow-in-the-dark Spidey armor.
    I would also like to see more solo Spidey and less team-ups. And I think it's a safe bet that we'll see Vulture, Shocker and Tinkerer making prominent returns in time for the movie. At the very least, you know there's going to be a big Vulture story, guaranteed.

And a return to the classic costume seems inevitable. It's never gone for too long.

MARY JANE WATSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i want Teresa Parker to return(unless she has?????)

i hope all parker industries offices sink to the ground

black cat to be THE black cat that we all fell in love with

P+MJ

Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-02-2017 at 02:07 PM. Reason: rude

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    1. agree I'd love to see him get back to street level stories rather than bouncing from one world-shaking catastrophe to another. I'd be thrilled to NOT see Pete in San Fran, London, Africa or a space station any time soon

2. Devote more to the supporting cast. yes, Slott has brought some back to include harry and Phillip Chang but so far they're just "there" and contribute just a little more to the story than one of Mister negative's masked henchmen. Make these character relevant again - and bring back some that are missing.

3. Black Cat - fix the train wreck that is her as a "Queenpin" If we had a poll for the worst Spidey-related storyline in recent years, (hey there's an idea!) her conversion to full-out villain would get my vote as number 1.

4. No more relaunches with a new #1 - ever!

5. Begin some type of romantic storyline for PETE. If that means MJ, I'm all for it, Felicia- all for it, Gwen clone - ehh not so much, new girl- TBD

6. Cut back on team affiliations, in fact, I miss the days when Spidey was an outcast to most of the hero community. Relied more on himself instead of calling his "friends'

7. High hopes for Homecoming, but with the expectation that it will be it's own universe and not tied as closely to the book as Raimi's movies, but closer than Webb's

BANNED

- Move on from the Parker Industries crap, it's gone on way past its welcome.
    - Time for someone else to get a shot on ASM.
    - Would be nice to see Mary Jane return to the cast, as well as characters like JJJ.
    - I'd like to see Venom as a full-blown baddie again, appearing in and fighting against Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-02-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: rude

Mighty Member

Have Peter step down as CEO, but remain an major investor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    - Would be nice to see Mary Jane return to the cast, as well as characters like JJJ.
    It would also be nice to have her acting friendly and civil towards Peter again. Unfortunately, I don't think Slott has any intention of making that happen. And I also don't think Bendis has any intention of letting her go from the Iron Man books either.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze5 View Post
    It would also be nice to have her acting friendly and civil towards Peter again. Unfortunately, I don't think Slott has any intention of making that happen. And I also don't think Bendis has any intention of letting her go from the Iron Man books either.
    Has Bendis mentioned what he's going to do with MJ in his book?