Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What I wouldn't give for an Ivan Reis run on Superman .
    He's already done with, with writing legend Chuck Austen.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Which is no big loss because he wasn't at this level back then, and I'm sure he had a different person on inks. If you said Ivan Reis would be in high demand I'd have raised an eyebrow.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This is what I was waiting for. This might even serve as a somewhat prologue piece to Superman Reborn.

The blue light coming up again is interesting. I think its going to end up having something to do with him being incomplete. The light acted as almost like a beacon to Red Son Supes, and maybe that's actually what it is. A beacon, but its goal is to draw to it its other half so they can finally become whole again. But of course that other half (New 52 Superman) died so he cannot answer the call yet. I'm expecting to see reference to a red light soon enough which will represent the other half.
    I actually think we've already gotten the "red light" long ago. It's the Super Flare. Just think about for a second; remember that back in the 90's Superman Blue was the more thoughtful measured Superman, and Red was a slightly unstable hot head. Now look at the extra "add-ons" that both our Supermen have had. Nuperman gained a highly destructive power, and Mr. El seems to have a power that imparts feeling and knowledge.

I'm not 100% sure on the idea, but I think it fits well enough, and retroactively gives an actual reason for the Super Flare. If the merge together then both powers will be gone like how the electric powers went, and we'll get a "whole" Superman aka Mr. El with MAYBE a new suit.

Edit: I'd also like to remind people that the Solar Superman from Last Days was physically "drawn" to Mr. El. I think this may add some credit to the idea that Nuperman's soul/energy will be absorbed into Superdad rather than a whole new man coming out.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-02-2017 at 03:13 PM.

I like it. Hell maybe it could also create a new power. You know, a GOOD new power this time, haha. The Solar..Field? Something where everything within it is protected from harm during its duration, and for those on the outside if you try and breach it its your ass. And its at great physical drain to Superman himself. That would be a fitting ability. Protecting others at the cost of himself. And a mixing of the benign (blue) and the aggressive (red). I dunno, I'm just having fun now.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-02-2017 at 03:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

I think many people are forgetting that when Nuperman died, he exploded in red lightning.

In other words I need to amend my thoughts, instead of saying I anticipate a reference to a red light, I should say evidence of a red light have already shown up multiple times. Thanks for the refresher!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

This may be the best Superman Arc from the rebirth series so far!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

All-New Member

I love this preview!! I am even more excited for Multiplicity than I was before. The book has been my favorite since Rebirth started!
    Just throwing in my 2 cents, because thats what the internets for!

Time in comics is variable, it's hardly an issue. As for the second comment, writers and editors generally aren't careful with these stuff, unfortunately.

Amazing Member

Looks amazing.

And can I just say how I think it's absolutely amazing that Clark, a man who can fly through space, is sticking his hand out of his window to make it "fly".

It's little things like that that make me enjoy being a Superman fan.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super4Ever View Post
    And can I just say how I think it's absolutely amazing that Clark, a man who can fly through space, is sticking his hand out of his window to make it "fly".
    This was a fantastic little touch, and it --along with other little touches--continues to add personality to the character. Tomasi and Gleason are really killin' it on this book.

It's actually because of this book (and American Alien) that I think Superman should tell groan worthy dad jokes when he's really feelin' himself lol