Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

That's a good question. It's been a bit since I've reread through Second Semester.

But as for Maps playing a bigger part so far this semester, as best I can remember, I would say... not yet.

But we're just getting started. Kind of thinking where this all might be heading is, Olive has a bit of a breakdown, and Maps pulls her back from the brink?

Maybe. We'll see soon enough, hopefully.

TANGENTIALLY RELATED: You know those ideas you have that seem so great, only they're so bloody overwhelming that you never really do anything about them?

Yes, well...

I've often toyed with the idea of going through every Gotham Academy issue, and seeing if I could source every reference.

Like a seriously-expanded Gotham Academy wiki, or something.

For instance, remember when Maps took the note to Colton in that one early issue, when Colton was monkeying around with Professor MacPherson's car?

If you look at that page, the layout, the way Maps is jumping through the air, it's INCREDIBLY similar to a page in the first issue of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, when Raphael delivers a note to the Shredder.

And that page, memory serves, looked REALLY similar (not surprisingly) to a page from Frank Miller's Daredevil.

Stuff like that. And the obvious references (like wasn't there a Ghostbusters reference at one point?), I think it would be fun to see how many we've spotted.

Maybe we could do it here! Detective Club, mount up...

Have you noticed any references to other stories, comics, music, movies, or whatever else in the hallowed halls (issues) of Gotham Academy?

I love this kind of stuff. So if you have, tell us!

Quote Originally Posted by willtupper View Post
    That's a good question. It's been a bit since I've reread through Second Semester.

But as for Maps playing a bigger part so far this semester, as best I can remember, I would say... not yet.
    something.

For instance, remember when Maps took the note to Colton in that one early issue, when Colton was monkeying around with Professor MacPherson's car?
    Yeah Maps has not done much in second semester yet sadly, I only just got around to reading #4 though and she had some good moments. (Don't even ask why it took me so long to read this issue but after 3 weeks I have it and read it instantly !!!)

That moment with Maps and Colton was always one of my favourite never thought it would be a reference though.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Maps and Katherine's relationship had a really nice moment in issue #3, with Katherine using a flower made of herself to keep Maps safe. That was really cool, and I really wish Maps and Katherine were the main characters of the series, instead of Olive and (ugh) Amy.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

RobinMaps and Batman

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

RobinMaps and Batman
    I have such a hard time buying Maps as 14, based on the behavior of those around her.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I have such a hard time buying Maps as 14, based on the behavior of those around her.
    funny enough I think she is the most believable teenage in the comic

I think she is meant to be thirteen as she is said to be a year younger then olive who is 14. Also I think the most believable depiction of their age is this Babs Farr variant cover.[IMG=CONFIG]43604[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    I think she is meant to be thirteen as she is said to be a year younger then olive who is 14. Also I think the most believable depiction of their age is this Babs Farr variant cover.[IMG=CONFIG]43604[/IMG]
    Well, she is a class below Olive and Ryan (or maybe two below Ryan, who seems to have a driver's license), but the pic I quoted said she was 14.

Well, she is a class below Olive and Ryan (or maybe two below Ryan, who seems to have a driver's license), but the pic I quoted said she was 14.
    I posted that pic but not sure where the source got her age cos her wiki doesn't state her age.

Whoops! I though olive was 14 not 15 and that mas was a year below olive my bad. Also who is Ryan?

I posted that pic but not sure where the source got her age cos her wiki doesn't state her age.
    Which wikia?

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Whoops! I though olive was 14 not 15 and that mas was a year below olive my bad. Also who is Ryan?
    Wait, I think I meant Kyle. Haha. My bad.

Which wikia?

Wait, I think I meant Kyle. Haha. My bad.
    Her dc.wikia.com/wiki/Mia_Mizoguchi_(Prime_Earth) and her comicbook data base info.

Her dc.wikia.com/wiki/Mia_Mizoguchi_(Prime_Earth) and her comicbook data base info.
    Ah. I've found that for newer and more obscure characters, or characters from more obscure titles, those sources are very helpful, but often incomplete. I had to update the Katherine Karlo entry a couple of days ago.

Does anyone know what Maps's exclamation, "Thank the seven" means?