All-New Member

Default I'm searching for the name of an one issue comic book story I had in the late 60

I'm searching for the name of an one issue comic book story I had in the late 60's or 70's. It is about a boy whose family were killed by these space pirates (kind of like those guys who took in Star Lord as a boy, but 10x worst) and the boy was about to be killed, but the cook said he could use him in the kitchen. So, the boy spent years as the pirates' slave constantly being beaten and mistreated. But all along he was watching them and learning their strengths and skills in the hopes of being stronger and better than all of them. He would use every spare moment to better himself by copying each pirate's greatest strength, skill, or cunning. One day when he felt he was better than all of them he killed the cook after being pushed too far. He then took over for "Slops" and the pirate leader said as long as you can do his job he could keep it, since that was the "Pirate Way". He did better than Slops and the men took him in as one of their own. They would show him more and more ways to be a more deadly fighter and killer. More time past and the boy plotted and planned for the day when he would revenge his family and kill them all. When that day came, he not only killed each and every pirate but he beat them at their own game. [For example, if a pirate was an expert with throwing knives, the young man (no longer a boy) killed him with a better thrown knife.] Until it was only him. Please help me with the name of this story/comic. The entire story was told in the one issue of the comic book.

Incredible Member

What country were you in? This is a worldwide board.

Also, was the story in color or black & white?

Do you recall anything about the cover?
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Amazing Member

You are in luck today. I got that comic. Read it back in june of 1970.Believe it was issue 91,of dc's showcase series. "Manhunter 2070"Issues 92 and 93, also star the character.Art, by Mike Sekowsky, I believe.He becomes an interplanetary bounty hunter.