Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Haven't got the issue yet. Hopefully the scene is not Winick New 52 bad (what a coincidence me bringing up that horrid old scene). I hope it's more tasteful than that.
    I'd argue King almost used this issue to show how elegance and subtlety can make an idea shift from crass to kind of classy. I mean, the *ahem* consummation of their chemistry is still pretty stupid. But using an entire issue to enhance the tension between the characters and slowly burn to the point make sit feel more natural.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I'd argue King almost used this issue to show how elegance and subtlety can make an idea shift from crass to kind of classy. I mean, the *ahem* consummation of their chemistry is still pretty stupid. But using an entire issue to enhance the tension between the characters and slowly burn to the point make sit feel more natural.
    Or at least as natural as one could expect from Tom King .

The last three or or four issues, i start reading after 3-4 pages and think, "ugh this is not working"

BUT

By the time i finish the issue, it changes all around. Its been a very good run by King and his partners.

I hope Obama pardons Cat, and she doesnt spend the rest of her life n jail

Quote Originally Posted by noiseredux View Post
    do you guys think this issue would work as a jump-on? I read #1 and #2 and wasn't super into the Gotham & Gotham Girl stuff... but it looks like this issue are starting a whole new story arc?
    Yes. But if you can go back a couple issues, i'd pick up I am Suicide. It's a good way to ease into the vibe of King's writing style (ie little dialogue and lots of emotion)
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

It's kind of neat to see King's Batman run this far. In comparison to his Vision run, you notice how much dialogue vision had, yet it was very emotional. So far in I Am Suicide and Rooftops there's been very minimal dialogue.
    Pulling:

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    Yes. But if you can go back a couple issues, i'd pick up I am Suicide. It's a good way to ease into the vibe of King's writing style (ie little dialogue and lots of emotion)
    I ended up grabbing this one. I might still go back and check out "I Am Suicide," though, as it sounded more interesting to me than the couple issues I read of "I Am Gotham."

Aside from the whole plane thing (which was badass) Gotham was unnecessary. If you like 14, you'll like I Am Suicide.
    Pulling:

yeah the plane thing was the one thing I liked haha. And I did enjoy #14 quite a bit. Alright cool, good to know then. Thanks!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Another great issue. Gerards' art and coloring really evoked the bittersweet mood of an approaching end to their doomed romance--and the way they try to capture one last moment.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Another great issue. Gerards' art and coloring really evoked the bittersweet mood of an approaching end to their doomed romance--and the way they try to capture one last moment.
    yeah - what about that two-page spread that was mostly just night sky? OMG.

I liked this a lot. King's off beat issues have been the best to me (6,12,14)

I love these two in love, always have. It's in their way, only their way. The Bat and Cat thing is starting to be cute to me, even.

Art was different than the rest of the run and I enjoyed it because of that, and it captured the mood (no pun intended)

In another thread people been debating about Catwoman portrayals and idc she is always sexy to me.

I was skeptical about her co-leading this book, but that was my brooding dark loner loving self, I think I'm really gonna be feeling these 2 going forward if it builds of this stuff
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Wow. The feels I'm getting from these two right now could actually give Mazouz and Bicondova a run for their money.

Granted, the fact that comics versions are adults already is a major advantage. Still...

Bravo.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

There was quite a Tim Sale feel to the art - which was nice.

Respectfully, though, there's no way Batman (even with Catwoman helping) would have taken down so many rogues in one night so, as amusing as the punches and kicks were, that whole sequence didn't work for me. For a moment I even thought they were just going to turn it into some kind of hologram event and that Selina had convinced Bruce to 'dance' for her [insert lol] (the rhyme was recited on the same roof, hence my leaping to such a silly notion).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I'm wondering if King does actually any research on the villains he is putting in there. Some like Zebraman, Gorilla Boss and Amygdalla are way to powerfull that Batman could go into hand-to-hand combat with them. And some like iirc Red Monk and Gorilla Boss didn't survive their first appearance.
    Not to mention how some of them would have very little business running around on Gotham City rooftops (The Mad Monk?) I choose to see those pages as an abstract representation of all the bullshit Batman has to put up with during one typical night, he only actually squared off with Clock King and Kite Man.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Well, Damian always could use a couple of new pets.
    Headcanon made! Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well...this was definitely a Tom King BatCat issue .

I am now eagerly anticipating the next appearance of Kite Man in this book .

I don't know how to feel about the "Holly Robinson" thing. I would've preferred Selina say "a friend" rather then it be just some alias she's been using. I think the real Holly deserves better then that.
    1: Yes to more kite man
    2; They could easily pull a Helena, who was said to be dead at the start of the new 52.