Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Headcanon made! Now!

1: Yes to more kite man
    2; They could easily pull a Helena, who was said to be dead at the start of the new 52.
    Maybe issue #15 will end with Selina living in Wayne Manor, followed by Holly Robinson coming home to her torched apartment, shaking her fist and screaming, "Dammit, Selina!"

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Not to mention how some of them would have very little business running around on Gotham City rooftops (The Mad Monk?) I choose to see those pages as an abstract representation of all the bullshit Batman has to put up with during one typical night, he only actually squared off with Clock King and Kite Man.
    I've always thought and said that I love Batman's joke/lame/lesser villains because I think, in a way, they above all else indicate how brutal and frustrating and tiring and crazy and almost futile Batman's mission is because these villains must be dealt with too while much bigger evils progress in the shadows. Taking up Batman's precious limited time is almost any rogue's biggest little victory.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-05-2017 at 11:01 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Maybe issue #15 will end with Selina living in Wayne Manor, followed by Holly Robinson coming home to her torched apartment, shaking her fist and screaming, "Dammit, Selina!"
    Maybe it was all just a coincidence and there is more than one Holly in Gotham,

BANNED

so i heard mixed things about tom king's run so far

one is that tom king is a great writer, but hasn't been able to nail down batman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I've always thought and said that I love Batman's joke/lame/lesser villains because I think, in a way, they above all else indicate how brutal and frustrating and tiring and crazy and almost futile Batman's mission is because these villains must be dealt with too while much bigger evils progress in the shadows. Taking up Batman's precious limited time is almost any rogue's biggest little victory.
    The problem is that some of these guys aren't joke villains they are lesser known but still quite powerfull.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

I enjoyed this issue, although the whole "bat" "cat" thing is a tad annoying. It's nice to get extra confirmation that Catwoman more than likely didn't kill those terrorists. I wonder why she wants to take the wrap for it though.

Solid issue. King seems to excel in these smaller stories rather than 5 issue arcs.

Extraordinary Member

Quick question for continuity sake: How can N52 Clock King be here when the classic one (with the old stupid, yet strangely awesome costume) has just shown up in early issues of Priest's Deathstroke?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Quick question for continuity sake: How can N52 Clock King be here when the classic one (with the old stupid, yet strangely awesome costume) has just shown up in early issues of Priest's Deathstroke?
    Uh...there's two Clock King's ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Both named William Tockman? Also, isn't the New 52 one based in Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Both named William Tockman? Also, isn't the New 52 one based in Seattle?
    The Clock King Batman and Catwoman fought here seems to be the new version Ben Percy recently created for his Green Arrow run, who isn't the New 52 Clock King (I don't think).

I also don't think they ever actually called him William Tockman in Green Arrow.

Extraordinary Member

The Clock King Batman and Catwoman fought here seems to be the new version Ben Percy recently created for his Green Arrow run, who isn't the New 52 Clock King (I don't think).

I also don't think they ever actually called him William Tockman in Green Arrow.
    Huh. I thought it was the one who popped up in Lemire's Green Arrow run.

I actually really enjoyed this issue. The dialogue still bothered me especially the same old "Bat" and "Cat" awkward dialogue, but the rest I loved. I agree that King seems to do better with these smaller arcs rather than the bigger, 5 issue ones. It does seem like Catwoman is hiding something. Maybe she's taking the blame for someone else. Oh and the art was gorgeous. Love Gerads art so much. I'm excited for the next issue.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Maybe it was all just a coincidence and there is more than one Holly in Gotham,
    It's Fringe Batman! There's more than one of everything!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    I actually really enjoyed this issue. The dialogue still bothered me especially the same old "Bat" and "Cat" awkward dialogue, but the rest I loved. I agree that King seems to do better with these smaller arcs rather than the bigger, 5 issue ones. It does seem like Catwoman is hiding something. Maybe she's taking the blame for someone else. Oh and the art was gorgeous. Love Gerads art so much. I'm excited for the next issue.
    I wonder if she's covering for another orphan who actually did kill all those terrorists, and that's why Selina took the blame for it and wants Bruce to make sure it never happens again to another orphanage?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I wonder if she's covering for another orphan who actually did kill all those terrorists, and that's why Selina took the blame for it and wants Bruce to make sure it never happens again to another orphanage?
    Maybe the real Holly?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord