Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Maybe the real Holly?
    Lord, the idea of Holly managing to kill 237 terrorists would be...interesting, to say the least .

Incredible Member

The Clock King here should've been labeled "The Clock," Robin's old foe from Star-Spangled Comics and also the supervillain identity of Slugsy Kyle, the first criminal Batman ever apprehended pre-Crisis (never clear if they were the same person.) I, um, have more thoughts on the issue but I'll share later.

And tfw Holly doesn't exist anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if she's covering for another orphan who actually did kill all those terrorists, and that's why Selina took the blame for it and wants Bruce to make sure it never happens again to another orphanage?
    That's what I was thinking too. Heck, my thoughts initially thought. "Could she be covering for the real Holly?" That'd be insane.

I could see Selina taking the fall for something Holly did, to protect her.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    That's what I was thinking too. Heck, my thoughts initially thought. "Could she be covering for the real Holly?" That'd be insane.
    I've always thought that she was taking the fall for someone else. If it was Holly that she was doing it for that would make a lot of sense and it would also be insane. I guess we'll see.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

It was taking down 15 Batman Rogues with namedropping ease, in ONE NIGHT, that really ruined the issue. Batman failng moral fortitude, while understandable and plausible, this was not an impulsive decision by Batman - it went on all night. Plus, he strongly had to believe that she was lying, intentionally deceitful, about her reported 237 kills which cannot be that endearing to him. Good art and character atmosphere, though. Nice cover too - even if Selina's face looks too young.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    It was taking down 15 Batman Rogues with namedropping ease, in ONE NIGHT, that really ruined the issue. Batman failng moral fortitude, while understandable and plausible, this was not an impulsive decision by Batman - it went on all night. Plus, he strongly had to believe that she was lying, intentionally deceitful, about her reported 237 kills which cannot be that endearing to him. Good art and character atmosphere, though. Nice cover too - even if Selina's face looks too young.
    I noticed that too, hh. As for the rest of it, I attributed it to...well...comics
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Clock King Batman and Catwoman fought here seems to be the new version Ben Percy recently created for his Green Arrow run, who isn't the New 52 Clock King (I don't think).

I also don't think they ever actually called him William Tockman in Green Arrow.
    There was also a caucasian Clock King, in his traditional pyjamas outfit, in Priest's Deathstroke recently.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

I really enjoyed this issue - mainly for its balance of tone I think. A nice mix of drama/tragedy/comedy.
    I've heard talk of the Catwoman killing terrorists thing on here but where did that actually come from (I've missed a few issues of this run due to a house move. They're in a box around here...somewhere)?

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue - mainly for its balance of tone I think. A nice mix of drama/tragedy/comedy.
    I've heard talk of the Catwoman killing terrorists thing on here but where did that actually come from (I've missed a few issues of this run due to a house move. They're in a box around here...somewhere)?
    It came to light at the end of the first issue of the "I am Suicide" arc. Batman is selecting the members of his own Suicide Squad to infiltrate Santa Prisca and capture the Psycho-Pirate, who's been tweaking Bane's mood so he doesn't need venom anymore.

Basically we learn that Selina supposedly murdered every single member of a terrorist organisation that blew up her orphanage, and Batman caught her just after she'd murdered the last one. She's going to get the death penalty unless she goes with Batman for the mission, in which case her punishment will be downgraded to life in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    It was established when Batman was building his Suicide Squad to retrieve Psych-Pirate from Santa Prisca in...issue #9, I think?

Thanks guys. Yep, I definitely missed part one of I Am Suicide - I need to go look for it!

Quote Originally Posted by noiseredux View Post
    do you guys think this issue would work as a jump-on? I read #1 and #2 and wasn't super into the Gotham & Gotham Girl stuff... but it looks like this issue are starting a whole new story arc?
    Actually, this issue was originally solicited as a wrap-up to the arc in issues #9-13 and was labeled by DC
    “I AM SUICIDE” epilogue!
    and issue #15 was going to be a one-issue story with Swamp Thing.

HOWEVER, those Bat-rastards at DC suddenly sprung on us at the end of this issue that is was actually part 1 of a 2-issue story they refer to as "Rooftops".

(Now we have to see if/when that one issue "STREETS AND SWAMPS" issue shows up sometime in the future or not.)